Im a celebrity get me out of here!

Started by anportmorforjfc, November 12, 2008, 05:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

A former Wimbledon tennis champion, an ex-police chief, a premiership footballer's girlfriend and Mr Sulu from Star Trek are among those battling to win this year's "I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!"

The popular ITV reality programme, which has proved a boon to the careers of fading celebrities, is back on Sunday for its eighth series in the Australian jungle.

The contestants are filmed 24 hours a day as they take part in "Bushtucker Trials" to win food for the camp, with viewers voting to decide who should be evicted from the show.

Nine-times Wimbledon winner Martina Navratilova, former MP and controversial chat show host Robert Kilroy-Silk and 71-year-old George Takei, who played Mr Sulu in Star Trek, are among this year's contestants.

"I like challenges. I am willing to boldly go. I think it is going to be good fun," Takei said.

Brian Paddick, once Britain's highest ranked gay police officer, Carly Zucker, the fiancee of Chelsea and England midfielder Joe Cole, TV presenter Esther Rantzen and Simon Webbe, who was in boy band Blue, will also be taking part.

Glamour model Nicola McLean, ex-Eastenders actor Joe Swash and presenter Dani Behr are the other participants.

Behr, 37, once a regular face on TV, admitted that being a contestant on the programme was "the fastest ... but not the most dignified way" to make a comeback.

The producers of the show, hosted again by Ant and Dec, have promised to make the experience far from pleasant for the 10 stars.

The Real Laoislad

Was Dani Behr Ryan Giggs's girlfriend at some stage?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Think she rid half the United team at one stage
Testing Accessibility

Mentalman

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 12, 2008, 05:34:15 PM
Was Dani Behr Ryan Giggs's girlfriend at some stage?

Was that not Davinia Taylor? Now married to Danny Murphy. Seem to remember he got himself in a spot of bother there back in the day.

I'm half right, he was with Danny's Missus, but also the bould Behr - good on the lad.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

5 Sams

This will be worth watching for the boul Dani alone.....I hope she hasn't let herself go....its a while since she's been on the telly....

this is what she used to look like when half of the Premiership were allegedly....well you know....

The Aristocrat Years

Our Nail Loney

Always thought Behr was a bit over rated

Looks like a post op transexual

red hander

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 13, 2008, 11:27:19 AM
Always thought Behr was a bit over rated

Looks like a post op transexual

:D

Yeah, there's some real sub-Z-listers headed for the jungle ... some the snakes they'll be eating are more famous

full back

Same as 5 sams, it will be interesting to see how Dani has aged
Was a fine looking hen in her younger days
Who is this other 'Z' list model that is on it?
Why in the name of fcuk is Joe Cole letting his woman go on it? The stick will be unreal
If she is doing it for a few pound or a career, Im sure Joe could do something

magpie seanie

Giggs was going out with her about 15 years ago I think. The original WAG. She was hot back then. I think she used to be on "The Word" on TV as well.

QuoteWhy in the name of fcuk is Joe Cole letting his woman go on it? The stick will be unreal
If she is doing it for a few pound or a career, Im sure Joe could do something

Yeah. Harry Kewell's missus on this ensured he will have the piss ripped out of him for a long time, although his playing performances and carry on have also been major contributary factors to this!

The GAA

magpie seanie

She'll be sound for any trial that involves floating.

lurganblue

Doogie Browser

Dani Behr was quality, memories of the early 90's watching the Word on Friday nights, mad TV at the time.
Think Sir Les was involved with her also.

Square Ball

I hate this show with a passion, watched one eposide ages ago and I have never seen it again, complete pish
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid