Kennelly coming home - AFL overreaction?

Started by corn02, November 12, 2008, 02:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Sounds genuine  he really wants a Premiership over here. Obviously he was a success, but with him returining and Begley and Shields not making it, are young stars going to realise that is is not a dream ticket?

------
Tadhg Kennelly is returning home to Ireland after the next Aussie Rules season in the AFL.

The Kerry-born Sydney defender has undergone groin and shoulder surgery since the Swans were bundled out of the finals by the Western Bulldogs in the second week of September.

The 27-year-old said: "I want to go home and play Gaelic football and do what my dad and brother have done, win premierships back at home."

Meanwhile, two young Kerry stars could be moving in the other direction.

Tommy Walsh and David Moran are reported to be travelling Down Under later in the month for trials with AFL club St Kilda's.

Both players are from new Kingdom manager Jack O'Connor's Kerins O'Rahilly's side in Tralee and will be competing in the county final next weekend.

corn02

the Deel Rover

Quote from: corn02 on November 12, 2008, 02:58:08 PM
Sounds genuine  he really wants a Premiership over here. Obviously he was a success, but with him returining and Begley and Shields not making it, are young stars going to realise that is is not a dream ticket?

------
Tadhg Kennelly is returning home to Ireland after the next Aussie Rules season in the AFL.

The Kerry-born Sydney defender has undergone groin and shoulder surgery since the Swans were bundled out of the finals by the Western Bulldogs in the second week of September.

The 27-year-old said: "I want to go home and play Gaelic football and do what my dad and brother have done, win premierships back at home."
Meanwhile, two young Kerry stars could be moving in the other direction.

Tommy Walsh and David Moran are reported to be travelling Down Under later in the month for trials with AFL club St Kilda's.

Both players are from new Kingdom manager Jack O'Connor's Kerins O'Rahilly's side in Tralee and will be competing in the county final next weekend.

I kNOW tadhg has been on oz a while but i think he is getting soccer and gaelic mixed up
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

thejuice

He was obviously talking to the Australian press and I'm sure "winning Sam" wouldnt mean a whole lot to them.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

heineken_on_tap

Would he even make the Kerry team if he did come back? Obviously his fitness levels would be very good but in Kerry of all place competition for places is high.

5 Sams

Quote from: heineken_on_tap on November 12, 2008, 03:20:19 PM
Would he even make the Kerry team if he did come back? Obviously his fitness levels would be very good but in Kerry of all place competition for places is high.

If he doesnt he can live in our house.....him and Dan Gordon would be great partnership!!!
The Aristocrat Years

corn02

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 12, 2008, 03:26:44 PM

If he doesnt he can live in our house.....him and Dan Gordon would be great partnership!!!

A great partnership in the Premiership?

Over the Bar

Maybe Jack O'Connor has begged him back to stand a chance of matching Tyrone in an AIF? 

heineken_on_tap

He was obviously using terminology that the Aussie journalists/public would understand - cant see anything wrong with that meself..

full back

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 12, 2008, 03:26:44 PM

Down have as much chance of winning a Premiership as winning Sam ;)

Jinxy

Ah, the annual Tadhg Kennelly says he's coming home thread. Who really cares at this stage?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

It's probably going to be true some day, though. I mean David Brady HAS finally finished with Mayo and McDonald is actually NOT playing this year either.

And Dublin may well ACTUALLY win the All-Ireland some year.

thebandit

Quote from: Hardy on November 12, 2008, 03:38:44 PM

And Dublin may well ACTUALLY win the All-Ireland some year.

Now there's no need to go that far :D

youbetterbelieveit

Ya Hardy, I think we got the Sarcasm in the first line!!!

orangeman