The official new GAA kits thread

Started by GalwayBayBoy, November 11, 2008, 11:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

The very one!
Aslong as they don't go into doing replica county jerseys, I think they'll struggle there. Also their balls would need to be up to scratch, Gaelic Gear Azzuri etc tend to make shite quality balls compared to O'Neills

donelli

Quote from: ccosgrave on January 24, 2009, 07:09:12 PM
This might be slightly off-topic, but it occurred to me after reading through this thread.. Anyway, does anybody know if thegaastore.com is affiliated with the GAA, or is it an individual company? I assumed it was a branch of the GAA to cater for Irish people living in Britain, as there are links to it on gaa.ie, and they're offering 15% off for people who have season tickets when ordering through the website, but I read somewhere recently (no idea where) that it was a different company based in Britain (hence why they charge for things in pounds, rather than euros). It's also stuck in my mind somewhere that it might be part of the Elverys chain of stores. Does anybody know?

where did you see that they are offering 15% off for internet offers???
i see that elverys are offering it for a while but cant find it anywhere for gaastore.com

ccosgrave

It was in an e-mail I got a while back about the season tickets, there was a promotional code in there somewhere. I might be wrong though, I only read the mail once. I'll double-check and get back to you.

dubinhell

Quote from: ccosgrave on January 26, 2009, 11:57:35 AM
It was in an e-mail I got a while back about the season tickets, there was a promotional code in there somewhere. I might be wrong though, I only read the mail once. I'll double-check and get back to you.

You're correct. But i think it only mentioned the Elvery's GAA shop not www.thegaastore.com. And it was 15% off purchases over 65euro.

AN other

Maguire01

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 28, 2009, 10:07:44 PM

Yep, very nice indeed.

First impressions quite good, delighted it doesn't have them claw marks anyway. See it's available on there from tomorrow, wonder is it in the shops yet???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 24, 2009, 07:57:56 AM

Curvy Blue Lines  by Patrick Kavanagh

O curvy blue lines of Monaghan
The laugh of the crowd you drew
You took the gay side of the county
expressing it, busy and blue

Old jersies  look a vision
of beauty love and truth
when compared to the swirly lines of Monaghan,
made cheap on swinish cloth

Mullahinsha, Drummeril, Black Shanco--
Wherever I turn I see
the replica shirts of Monaghan
snug fitting o'er beer bellies

Good boy Mikey, I'd say you'll be glad to see the long evenings coming to get out and about a bit more..  ;)

Mike Sheehy

QuoteGood boy Mikey, I'd say you'll be glad to see the long evenings coming to get out and about a bit more.. 

Its such a lovely jersey...I felt inspired to write about it. wheres the harm in that.

GrandMasterFlash

I was being facetious Mikey, you're version of the great Monaghan poem was first class!!  ;D

ccosgrave

Quote from: dubinhell on January 26, 2009, 12:28:47 PM
Quote from: ccosgrave on January 26, 2009, 11:57:35 AM

You're correct. But i think it only mentioned the Elvery's GAA shop not www.thegaastore.com. And it was 15% off purchases over 65euro.

Aye, so it was. It works on www.gaashop.ie, I guess I didn't read it very thoroughly.

I read in the local paper yesterday that the new Wexford jersey will be out in the next two or three weeks, they're just waiting for the sponsorship deal to be finalised. They're playing with the old one for the match on Sunday 'cause of the delay.

screenexile

One of those ebay advertisements flashed at me on the top of the page and I noticed these 'sample' jerseys some guy is selling.

What do you lads make of them?

Offaly

Monaghan

Personally I think both are better than the ones both counties settled for!

laoisgaa

Is that Offaly jersey not the one that is being used?

AZOffaly

No Laoisgaa. The Offaly jersey they decided on has Green Sleeves and Carroll Cuisine is a big red logo, also that green cut in at the bottom of the other jersey isn't there on the official one. Personally I prefer the style of the Jersey they went with, but the logo on that rejected one.

thejuice

Seen the new Meath one. I have a pic of it on facebook so  dont think I can post it here. Its alright, has similar stripes to Monaghan but in a different place. Its a darker green than normal as well.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016