All you can drink offer for €50- Good or bad?

Started by stiffler, November 10, 2008, 10:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 11, 2008, 09:21:43 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on November 11, 2008, 12:53:29 PM
Quote from: An Fear Rua on November 11, 2008, 10:38:46 AM
pubs could look at a "loyalty card" type scheme, where you could purchase 10-20 pints in advance at a discounted rate? And use them over a few visits?

There is this in a couple of bars in Lurgan...Pints cost £2.40 and you get 18p on your card for every pint you buy and 7% on all meals.. Its not bad if you save your points up for a while. I saved mine all last year and had a free day last boxing day and still had some left over.

wheres this?

celtic club for 1
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Mario

Quote from: blast05 on November 11, 2008, 07:38:45 PM
In Tesco the weekend before last they had 20 bottles of Miller fo €18 plus 25% back on your clubcard  ..... means the bottle worked out at just over 67c per bottle which means i'd want to be drinking about 75 bottles of Miller in the pub for my €50  ...... hmmm
Everyone knows you could buy a carryout cheaper, the whole point is getting out

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: stiffler on November 11, 2008, 09:24:36 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 11, 2008, 09:21:43 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on November 11, 2008, 12:53:29 PM
Quote from: An Fear Rua on November 11, 2008, 10:38:46 AM
pubs could look at a "loyalty card" type scheme, where you could purchase 10-20 pints in advance at a discounted rate? And use them over a few visits?

There is this in a couple of bars in Lurgan...Pints cost £2.40 and you get 18p on your card for every pint you buy and 7% on all meals.. Its not bad if you save your points up for a while. I saved mine all last year and had a free day last boxing day and still had some left over.

wheres this?

celtic club for 1
Vintage is the other..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Our Nail Loney

Ah right, I wouldnt slug as much in lurgan at the min... gnona start though, cant be bothered trekking back an forth to belfast an all

credit crunch

saffron sam2

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 11, 2008, 11:56:04 AM
a few years ago I would have thought this was a great idea - as I'd easly have 12 pints a night when going out

but you now when you look into yer pocket the next morning, there was a lot more than 12 pints worth gone from your wallet

so it would prob be cheaper to pay the €50 !

Yes, that would be right.  11 to drink and 1 to store your teeth.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

lynchbhoy

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 12, 2008, 08:42:37 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 11, 2008, 11:56:04 AM
a few years ago I would have thought this was a great idea - as I'd easly have 12 pints a night when going out

but you now when you look into yer pocket the next morning, there was a lot more than 12 pints worth gone from your wallet

so it would prob be cheaper to pay the €50 !

Yes, that would be right.  11 to drink and 1 to store your teeth.
teeth never in my own pint if you recall...that way I'd get one or two free a night!

mylestheslasher

I may be wrong but I thought that drink promotions were banned some time ago. With that law the like of happy hour went out the window. Does this type of thing not fall under the same unbrella as it is promoting binge drinking? I wouldn't go anywhere near a pub that had this type of promotion anyway, the type of lad it would attract wouldn't appeal to me. Probably when I was 5 -10 years younger I'd have lived in the place