All you can drink offer for €50- Good or bad?

Started by stiffler, November 10, 2008, 10:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

The mark up in the price of a pint is ridiculous and i have no sympathy for pubs in these "tough times". You can buy a bottle of Bud in an off license for about 70p or pay £3.30 in a boozer, mmmm tough choice.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

downgirl

€5 the other night for vodka and a dash!!!!  :o  Needless to say I didn't drink too much!

ludermor

Vodka and cranberry would be something like 8 yoyos!!

youngfella

there are bars over here were you its a pound or less for any pint, spirit or bottle. Theses kinda offers are one every night of the weekyou could spend a week on the tear for less than a £100. I think if a place like opened it dublin they'd make a packet.

Do the landlords in Dublin have some kind of agreement to keep the price of drink high?
Pull hard and early

Tankie

Quote from: youngfella on November 11, 2008, 11:21:44 AM
there are bars over here were you its a pound or less for any pint, spirit or bottle. Theses kinda offers are one every night of the weekyou could spend a week on the tear for less than a £100. I think if a place like opened it dublin they'd make a packet.

Do the landlords in Dublin have some kind of agreement to keep the price of drink high?

Wetherspoon's or one of those tried to open up on Dame St a few years back but the government/publicans found some loop hole that stopped it from happening.
Grand Slam Saturday!

youngfella

Then surely someone  could investigate that then , http://tinyurl.com/688dgw is a simlar kinda story.
Pull hard and early

downgirl

Quote from: ludermor on November 11, 2008, 11:11:27 AM
Vodka and cranberry would be something like 8 yoyos!!

Yea sure I started off with peach schnapps and lemonade and it was €7.60 or something ridiculous so I thought if i switched to vodka it would be cheaper!!  :D

lynchbhoy

a few years ago I would have thought this was a great idea - as I'd easly have 12 pints a night when going out

but you now when you look into yer pocket the next morning, there was a lot more than 12 pints worth gone from your wallet

so it would prob be cheaper to pay the €50 !

the questions of clientele and so on would be a worry alright , but it should attract a lot of punters and a lot of the opposite sex meaning that it could be a good pick up joint.

out in my local on fri and sat night last weekend and noticed that it was packed mostly to capacity  - and this is a stark contrast to a year ago for example, when the place was less than half full at weekends. Havent seen these kinds of crowds in the local since it opened 10 years ago (and for the first few years of it being open).

Hardy

"Three double vodka and red bull - fine. Do you have your drunk card?"

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: An Fear Rua on November 11, 2008, 10:38:46 AM
pubs could look at a "loyalty card" type scheme, where you could purchase 10-20 pints in advance at a discounted rate? And use them over a few visits?

There is this in a couple of bars in Lurgan...Pints cost £2.40 and you get 18p on your card for every pint you buy and 7% on all meals.. Its not bad if you save your points up for a while. I saved mine all last year and had a free day last boxing day and still had some left over.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

T Fearon

Does such an offer not offer risks to the Publicans. I mean if your paid 50 yoyos and then asked for a keg of Budwiser surely they would be obliged to give it to you?

fred the red

Quote from: T Fearon on November 11, 2008, 02:29:41 PM
Does such an offer not offer risks to the Publicans. I mean if your paid 50 yoyos and then asked for a keg of Budwiser surely they would be obliged to give it to you?

its 'all you can drink'. It is not humanly possible to drink a keg of budwiser(on the one night).

leenie

i'd say for your £50 that you would spend the only thing you would get is a day in bog!

the publican would probably buy in bulk and therefore get a few kegs free, that would be sitting for awhile and more than likely not be in a cold room.... and he probably would just buy the kegs but not avail of other services from the drink suppliers such as cleaning the lines!

as for the spirits i wouldn't expect he'd be giving smirnoff/gordons or jameson!

whilst drinks are very expensive down south i don't think i'd chance her, and as another poster said could you imagine te type of ones who'd be in there!

not my idea of a good time!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

blast05

In Tesco the weekend before last they had 20 bottles of Miller fo €18 plus 25% back on your clubcard  ..... means the bottle worked out at just over 67c per bottle which means i'd want to be drinking about 75 bottles of Miller in the pub for my €50  ...... hmmm

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on November 11, 2008, 12:53:29 PM
Quote from: An Fear Rua on November 11, 2008, 10:38:46 AM
pubs could look at a "loyalty card" type scheme, where you could purchase 10-20 pints in advance at a discounted rate? And use them over a few visits?

There is this in a couple of bars in Lurgan...Pints cost £2.40 and you get 18p on your card for every pint you buy and 7% on all meals.. Its not bad if you save your points up for a while. I saved mine all last year and had a free day last boxing day and still had some left over.

wheres this?