County Teams who are openly training in November/December

Started by Sonny Joe, November 10, 2008, 03:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny Joe

I have been told by a Down County player that the county squad are training collectively, openly abusing the new rules set by Croke Park. Surely they need to be taken to task on this by the authorities
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Bomber

Croke Park will deal with them so you don't have to worry your wee head.

lfdown2

Quote from: Sonny Joe on November 10, 2008, 03:17:16 PM
I have been told by a Down County player that the county squad are training collectively, openly abusing the new rules set by Croke Park. Surely they need to be taken to task on this by the authorities

i am sure he would think a lot of you coming on here and saying it!

Maroon Heaven

I am sure alot of the counties will have weight training diet programmes in place

Sonny Joe

Quote from: Maroon Heaven on November 10, 2008, 03:29:03 PM
I am sure alot of the counties will have weight training diet programmes in place

i know that, but i am talking about the team training as a team on the field
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

full back

Always thought this rule was going to be very difficult for Croke Park to enforce or to prove
But now that we have Sonny Joe to blow the whistle, CP can sit back & relax............

Muzz

Maximus Marillius

No i dont think it included more than 3 trials?

What are Down at...thats a bit cheeky. Come on Crokey parky.....fair play and all that!!!!

nrico2006

Hardly a big deal - if a manager wants a team to train then its nobody elses business.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 11, 2008, 01:13:15 PM
Hardly a big deal - if a manager wants a team to train then its nobody elses business.

i agree in principle, but if some county boards are enforcing it...then it should be enforced across the boards.

thebandit

How do they plan to penaliise teams who train? Financially? League points?

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Bomber

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 11, 2008, 01:13:15 PM

It is somebody elses business as the GAA's hierarchy have said you don't do it, so you don't. They have said funding will not be released to the counties who go against it so it will be interesting to see will they follow through with it.

Why are counties back training so early anyway? Players need a break after club football is over to get refreshed and a gym programme is adequate for November and December anyway and then go at it on the field from January. Players who are drained from going straight into club action after getting knocked out of the championship only to go straight back into it again after the club season is over is not good either. I am certainly in favour of a gym programme though as doing nothing at all in November and December will see a player lose a lot of fitness also.

youngfella

Quote from: Sonny Joe on November 10, 2008, 03:17:16 PM

What are the rules from croke park ?
Pull hard and early