selling help

Started by youngfella, November 10, 2008, 12:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

I listed my ps3 on gumtree a few days ago. The other day i got an email from a fella saying he would like, thats grand. So he paypals me the money and a bit for postage. He wants he to post this to his son in Nigeria, as he is going off to hong kong this week.

With this paypal payment I can only get access to the money once the i give them a postage reference. I'm not sure what to think about this. what do you think? confused
Pull hard and early

Norf Tyrone

Don't whast postage referance is, but I'd stay well clear.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

carnaross

Quote from: youngfella on November 10, 2008, 12:48:39 AM
I listed my ps3 on gumtree a few days ago. The other day i got an email from a fella saying he would like, thats grand. So he paypals me the money and a bit for postage. He wants he to post this to his son in Nigeria, as he is going off to hong kong this week.

With this paypal payment I can only get access to the money once the i give them a postage reference. I'm not sure what to think about this. what do you think? confused

Sounds too good to be true, so it probably is. Post to Nigeria (spamming centre of the world)? What does it matter that he's off to HK? Don't do it.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Bacon

Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

TORGAEL

Definitely dont do it. Ive come across this scam on ebay before. Feckin timewasters !

nifan

One of the oldest tricks in the book.
Unless it is in your paypal account when you log on, it aint real.

mylestheslasher

Anything that involves shipping stuff to Nigeria is a scam. Don't do it. What I suggest you do is tell him you have just posted the PS3 and send him some fake ref number, if he says it is wrong tell him was a type error and send him another and another. Piss him off for a while cos he is a scum bag scammer - no doubt.

youngfella

thanks guys. I'll tell him to feck off
Pull hard and early

Over the Bar

STOP!

It doesnt matter if the money is in your paypal account.  If he claims the PS3 never arrived then Paypal will refund the money back out of your account. 

Youngfella you can't be that young to know that any request to send expensive goods to Nigeria is a 100% scam.

Denn Forever

Also think of the airmiles and your carbon footprint.  It seems to be a potential lose lose situation.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

lfdown2

send it, it'll be fine!! :)

Maiden1

Feckers nearly got done myself today trying to rent out a room in my house.

Sent: 07 November 2008 18:15
Subject: RE: Need a place to stay asap

Hello,

How are you doing? I hope all is well with you over there.Everything seems to be fine with me and am looking forward meeting you soon.

I would need a little Favour from you and would be glad if you could help out with this.My boss made it cleared to me that he will mail a Cheque containing the total sum of 2000 Pounds out to you which is meant for first month rent  and also for my Traveling expenses coming over.

All you need do immediately you receive the Cheque  is to remove 175 pounds  out of the money,and have the remaining balance of 1825 Pounds sent Via Western union to my Travel Agent to enable him arrange for my flight ticket coming asap.

Do let me know the airport close to you so i know where to schedule my Flight to,and would appreciate if you could pick me up at the airport when i arrive.

I will get back to you in my next e-mail on when my boss would make the Cheque  out to you and would also let you have my Travel Agent western union details later on where you will send the balance of 1825  Pounds to.

Thanks so much and let me know if you will be able to handle this..

Natasha
There are no proofs, only opinions.

mylestheslasher

Once you see  the words Nigeria + Western Union in the one sentance it is a scam. I suggest to everyone to have some craic and spin the f**kers along for as long as you can - at least during that time you know they aren't scamming some other poor divil out of their money

Maiden1

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 10, 2008, 04:32:35 PM
Once you see  the words Nigeria + Western Union in the one sentance it is a scam. I suggest to everyone to have some craic and spin the f**kers along for as long as you can - at least during that time you know they aren't scamming some other poor divil out of their money
Aye, I just string them along now asking stupid questions and making them waste 1/2 an hour every night sending long e-mails.  Hopefully get them to waste the price of a stamp as well.  Might ask them to forward a stamped envelope so I can post to western union as well.
There are no proofs, only opinions.