football manager 2009

Started by charlie stubbs, November 06, 2008, 10:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

When u have the message Ready to play in approx 1 hour 45 mins on screen,how far after that time do u begin to play???is there a pile more screens to go through and loading?

Anyone lucky enough to be able to answer this prob wont have time to write back lol!! they be busy winning games:):)

DownFanatic

Reading a few Football Manager forums there and from what Ive read this must be the biggest c**k up of a game ever released. There have been so many problems with installation and that activation code thing has truly fucked everything.
Gone are the days when you could install it and do half a season in a day.

Square Ball

Quote from: DownFanatic on November 15, 2008, 12:07:20 AM
Reading a few Football Manager forums there and from what Ive read this must be the biggest c**k up of a game ever released. There have been so many problems with installation and that activation code thing has truly fucked everything.
Gone are the days when you could install it and do half a season in a day.

and get a working copy with a code and all within a few days.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

bigfrank

Is everyone playing away now problem free?? Im still having bother running the game even tho i have installed it.No automatic icon on desk top appearing!

Anyone else having bother! has it slowed down your computer in general??

Square Ball

Quote from: bigfrank on November 16, 2008, 09:28:15 PM
Is everyone playing away now problem free?? Im still having bother running the game even tho i have installed it.No automatic icon on desk top appearing!

Anyone else having bother! has it slowed down your computer in general??

No problems from here at all now, it was freezing the computer but that seems to have been overcome
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

TacadoirArdMhacha

Anybody remember the Championship Manager (think it was 97/98) when ya didn;t need the disk to play the game once you had it loaded so 1 game could be passed around 30 or 40 people?!

Howtimes change..........
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

scud

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 16, 2008, 10:35:35 PM
Anybody remember the Championship Manager (think it was 97/98) when ya didn;t need the disk to play the game once you had it loaded so 1 game could be passed around 30 or 40 people?!

Yes!! Loved that game...

I've bought FM religiously for the last few years but I think I'll hold out till the first patch this time around. From what I've read here the whole thing seems like a rushed, botch job. Its been going that way for a while, the game is always released despite quite a few significant bugs

mylestheslasher

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 16, 2008, 10:35:35 PM

Running the game without a cd is still possible. This website will give you a little file that you stick into the install directory and overwrite the file that is already in there. I don't think this game is there yet but it will be soon...

http://m0008.gamecopyworld.com/games/gcw.shtml

FermGael

Downloaded the game and patch yesterfay on Bit torrent.

Its a good job
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

bigfrank

have started with Villa,have played around ten games,dont see that much difference to the last game,press conferences every two mins lol! assistant has been a busy man for me!lol Looks like it would take a long time to get through a season tho!

118cmal

Quote from: FermGael on November 17, 2008, 02:37:10 PM
Downloaded the game and patch yesterfay on Bit torrent.

Its a good job

Hey FermGael,

Tried doing the same myself there but can't seem to get a good torrent.  any tips?
Thx

charlie stubbs

Quote from: bigfrank on November 17, 2008, 02:45:57 PM
have started with Villa,have played around ten games,dont see that much difference to the last game,press conferences every two mins lol! assistant has been a busy man for me!lol Looks like it would take a long time to get through a season tho!

did likewise late lastnight.played few friendlies and intertoto games few good wins looking forward to it.playing carew up front byself using as tarhet man.got silvibnho,gudjohnsen on loan and gerard(ex barca valencia) on trial

Our Nail Loney

Oh yeah Gerard, I forgot about him, whats his stats like??

You play young and Agbonlahor behind big John (McKeown)

Two Hands FFS

Have the game myself & only really started playing today. What is the craic with the patch? What does it do?

bigfrank

Nearly full season done with villa 2day,bought emerson(ac milan) he rubbish, centre half from bacra,he 21 and plays unreal! martin palermo(old and very bad), diarra(portsmouth)very very good, ron vlaar on loan and jorge lopez on loan, dede(left back) very very good! few others that i cant mind!

Sold barry(real madrid) reo coker(portsmouth)petrov and good few others

Beat Ac Milan in quarter final or europe,havent played semi yet! Man utd run away leaders,looks like i will finish around 7th/8th