Time to move on? PSNI involved in Road Safety Campaign shocker

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, April 28, 2012, 11:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: orangeman on April 29, 2012, 06:26:06 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on April 29, 2012, 06:17:53 PM
Fair dues to Derrytresk.

The PSNI are using the vehicle of the GAA to normalise policing. East Tyrone is a Republican heartland and fair dues to them for not hiding their colours, they shouldn't be ashamed of it one bit and be proud. The PSNI, hard to believe to some people , are still not welcome in areas here and as they enforce the powers of the state they never will be acceptable.

I think you'll find that it's bigger than this - I think you'll find that the entire association ( GAA ) is being used ( knowingly or unknowingly, my view for what it matters is knowingly ) by the "government"  to normalise policing and create a sense of normality which is all part of the choreography. More choreographics to follow. There can be no "no go" areas for the PSNI not even in "Republican" East Tyrone which is now a bit of an irony given the subject matter and given that there are members of the PSNI from all parts of Northern Ireland and the "Republic" now thanks to "governement" initiatives.

Eamonnca1

Ronan Kerr accepted the PSNI. Shame certain knuckle-dragging neanderthals didn't accept him.

Hardy

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 29, 2012, 06:45:18 PM
despite what alot of people on this thread think the truth of the matter is that the PSNI still isnt accepted in many parts of the north. the surprising thing is that some people are surprised at this.

The guards are not accepted in parts of the republic as well. Tough. They are still the duly constituted police force by the will of the people.

I'm intrigued by the latest suggested definition of victimhood - "I'm 'uncomfortable', therefore I am a victim." And I have a right to protest. Of course you have. But that doesn't mean you're right to protest.

And again the GAA gets hijacked and abused by extremists who insist on dragging their politics into the GAA and the GAA into their politics. And ill served by its officials who lie down under it.

Normalisation my arse.

Eamonnca1

In other news, Alex Salmond today refused to report his car as stolen to the local police because to do so would "normalise" policing and add legitimacy to the British state that he's trying to break up.

theticklemister

Quote from: Hardy on April 29, 2012, 06:57:15 PM
despite what alot of people on this thread think the truth of the matter is that the PSNI still isnt accepted in many parts of the north. the surprising thing is that some people are surprised at this.

The guards are not accepted in parts of the republic as well. Tough. They are still the duly constituted police force by the will of the people.

I'm intrigued by the latest suggested definition of victimhood - "I'm 'uncomfortable', therefore I am a victim." And I have a right to protest. Of course you have. But that doesn't mean you're right to protest.

And again the GAA gets hijacked and abused by extremists who insist on dragging their politics into the GAA and the GAA into their politics. And ill served by its officials who lie down under it.

Normalisation my arse.

And again the GAA gets hijacked and abused by GAA members who insist that the PSNI who serve the policies of the state are welcome. And ill served by the lackies who wish to 'throw' them upon us.

Normailisation.

I fixed that last bit there for ye.

Believe it or not, there are Republicans out there who follow their beliefs and they are getting constantly slated for this. I for one make no apology for members who will follow these actions. Republicans (those who support military action or don't against British forces) are constantly targeted again and again by the Pro-British media and fair play to them for not going a long with these actions of the GAA who support the role of the PSNI at senior administrative level.

Hardy

What business of "Republicans" is it to interfere in the activities of the GAA?  What other group of GAA members takes its politics into GAA meeting rooms? What other group drags the GAA into its politics?

By the way, what is your proposal for policing the no-go areas you seem to want to set up?

Tony Baloney

Fair dues to Derrytresk.

The PSNI are using the vehicle of the GAA to normalise policing. East Tyrone is a Republican heartland and fair dues to them for not hiding their colours, they shouldn't be ashamed of it one bit and be proud. The PSNI, hard to believe to some people , are still not welcome in areas here and as they enforce the powers of the state they never will be acceptable.

I think you'll find that it's bigger than this - I think you'll find that the entire association ( GAA ) is being used ( knowingly or unknowingly, my view for what it matters is knowingly ) by the "government"  to normalise policing and create a sense of normality which is all part of the choreography. More choreographics to follow. There can be no "no go" areas for the PSNI not even in "Republican" East Tyrone which is now a bit of an irony given the subject matter and given that there are members of the PSNI from all parts of Northern Ireland and the "Republic" now thanks to "governement" initiatives.
You make "normalisation" of policing sound like a bad thing?! The fact they aren't ambushing people and harassing them (or worse) must be a constant source of disappointment

armaghniac

Quotefor not going a long with these actions of the GAA who support the role of the PSNI for not going a long with these actions of the GAA who support the role of the PSNI at senior administrative level.

Are you saying that the GAA senior administrative level does not represent the association in general? Or are the opinions of some people worth more than others?

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: Hardy on April 29, 2012, 06:57:15 PM

Precisely. Law and order doesn't suit some people, no matter where you are. The 'political' angle is just another means of justifying that in the north.

Maguire01

Quote from: clarshack on April 29, 2012, 03:12:49 PM
drink drving is of course unacceptable and should be condemned. anybody who does it is an idiot.

however, it would also be interesting to see statistics on drink driving arrests around the 12th in loyalist areas and also when the likes of linfield, glentoran etc have done well - just for comparison.
The drink driving conviction angle really is ridiculous. And if the police didn't take action around loyalist areas - and I note that this is nothing more than an assumtion on your part - then all they're doing is failing to protect those communities. If the police arrest/convict drink drivers in Derrytresk, or any other areas, they're ultimately protecting the people in that area.

theticklemister

Quote from: Hardy on April 29, 2012, 07:27:23 PM
What business of "Republicans" is it to interfere in the activities of the GAA?  What other group of GAA members takes its politics into GAA meeting rooms? What other group drags the GAA into its politics?

By the way, what is your proposal for policing the no-go areas you seem to want to set up?

Yer first point is somehow mind boggling, as there are Republicans who are members of the GAA they should have their view as much as anyone else. Yer Republicans in inverted comas is laughable, ye make out out as if these are gremlins or creatures; a lot of these people kept the GAA alive in areas.

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 29, 2012, 07:32:30 PM
Fair dues to Derrytresk.

You make "normalisation" of policing sound like a bad thing?! The fact they aren't ambushing people and harassing them (or worse) must be a constant source of disappointment

Normalisation of British rule, yes that does worry me. Your second point about ambushing people is very sickening indeed and the harrassment issue happens constantly still; even though they don't report it in the RTE news.
Quote from: armaghniac on April 29, 2012, 07:56:27 PM
Quotefor not going a long with these actions of the GAA who support the role of the PSNI for not going a long with these actions of the GAA who support the role of the PSNI at senior administrative level.

Are you saying that the GAA senior administrative level does not represent the association in general? Or are the opinions of some people worth more than others?

Ill put it to ye about Derrytresk not taking apart in this event; in yer own  contradictory words- ' are the opinions of some people worth more than others?' So the other people should put pressure on a certain club for making a stand?

Overall every club can do what it wishes in any particular facet. My own club held this event recently, I objected and let it be known; but overall the majority of members wanted it to take place so I had to accept by it.

armaghniac

QuoteMy own club held this event recently, I objected and let it be known; but overall the majority of members wanted it to take place so I had to accept by it

That's fair enough. Choosing to picket the event if you lost the vote would have been an anti GAA measure. I am not concerned with people being anti PSNI, but object to people who are anti GAA.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

theticklemister

Quote from: armaghniac on April 29, 2012, 09:13:24 PM
QuoteMy own club held this event recently, I objected and let it be known; but overall the majority of members wanted it to take place so I had to accept by it

That's fair enough. Choosing to picket the event if you lost the vote would have been an anti GAA measure. I am not concerned with people being anti PSNI, but object to people who are anti GAA.

I Love the GAA and think it does wonders for us. There are certain things however which grinds my gears that the GAA does; I would not follow the GAA (or anything else for that matter) blindly and make my mind up on certain decisions as they happen.

ONeill

Amazing how someone can throw a red herring (or is it a white elephant) into a discussion and it then takes a life of its own - all based on an inaccurate statement. I never mentioned anything about drink driving.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

Quote from: theticklemister on April 29, 2012, 09:06:38 PM
Quote from: Hardy on April 29, 2012, 07:27:23 PM

Yer first point is somehow mind boggling, as there are Republicans who are members of the GAA they should have their view as much as anyone else. Yer Republicans in inverted comas is laughable, ye make out out as if these are gremlins or creatures; a lot of these people kept the GAA alive in areas.

I don't know where to start with this. Maybe I'll just ask you to address the salient point of my post, which you seem to have overlooked.

What is your "Republican" proposal for policing these no-go areas for the PSNI that you're advocating?