FAI...June 2024 Friendlies v Hungary and Portugal

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewildcat

i see pisshead Dunphy and Brady putting the boot into McCarthy, Dunphy who played pub league most of his life. the same Brady who threw his toys out of the pram over the time Arsenal and Wenger make a mess out of the CL again a few seasons ago he wouldn't answer questions on Arsenal fuc.ing big child

same guy who was  with Celtic for a few months and was threw out on his ear as the were near the bottom of a two team league.   

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Thewildcat on March 31, 2015, 06:41:38 PM
i see pisshead Dunphy and Brady putting the boot into McCarthy, Dunphy who played pub league most of his life. the same Brady who threw his toys out of the pram over the time Arsenal and Wenger make a mess out of the CL again a few seasons ago he wouldn't answer questions on Arsenal fuc.ing big child

same guy who was  with Celtic for a few months and was threw out on his ear as the were near the bottom of a two team league.

Brady and Dunphy shouldnt have said things the way they did but they are not wrong. James has been poor for us except that away game in Sweden. This is the same guy who was attracting the attention of ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea. He has potential to be very good but its just not happening at the moment and he is hardly young anymore at 24/25 he should be peaking.

Thewildcat

his a top player, with Everton or even if he was to go to United or Arsenal he would have better players with him, in fairness Glen Whelehan, McGeady not fit Walters on the wing, it was hard to win midfield. the same Dunphy was saying they would have beaten scotland if McCarthy was playing, he just makes it up as he goes along they all do to think they get payed for talking shit, half the time Dunphy is half cut on the panel. Wes Hoolhan is suppose to be the irish Messi if you were to listen to the panel shows how far we have fallen down the ladder.

laoislad

Does anyone else not understand a word Thewildcat says?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 31, 2015, 07:33:02 PM

Brady and Dunphy shouldnt have said things the way they did but they are not wrong. James has been poor for us except that away game in Sweden. This is the same guy who was attracting the attention of ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea. He has potential to be very good but its just not happening at the moment and he is hardly young anymore at 24/25 he should be peaking.

Mccarthy is a workhorse who can do the simple things but isn't spectacular. If he's alongside top midfielders he can do a great job but he's not a creative influence.

A lot of everton's problems this year are due to him being injured. This causes the problem that barry has to defend and that doesn't work well. I think opta stats say he covers close to the most ground of any premiership midfielder.

SHEEDY

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 31, 2015, 07:53:58 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 31, 2015, 07:33:02 PM

Mccarthy is a workhorse who can do the simple things but isn't spectacular. If he's alongside top midfielders he can do a great job but he's not a creative influence.

A lot of everton's problems this year are due to him being injured. This causes the problem that barry has to defend and that doesn't work well. I think opta stats say he covers close to the most ground of any premiership midfielder.
this is what i was saying on the previous page. i seen a lot of evertons games this year and when mccarthy isnt playing he's bdly missed. he breaks up the play and covers for baines and coleman when they attack, but he is no playmaker and doesnt split defence with his passes. he's good at what he does for everton but for some reason when he plays for ireland people expect him to play like roy keane.

as for the pundits on RTE, does anyone take them seriously? RTE seem to think you have to be controversial to get your point across, they have eejits on every panel from soccer to rugby to gaa.
nil satis nisi optimum

imtommygunn

Sorry missed that sheedy. If you put him alongside whelan you don't get much creativity.

Mccarthy was touted for barcelona a few years ago.

Main Street

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 31, 2015, 09:43:34 PM
Sorry missed that sheedy. If you put him alongside whelan you don't get much creativity.

Mccarthy was touted for barcelona a few years ago.
McCarthy's (hyperactive) agent touted the possibility that Barca might sign him. You may or may not be aware that Barca's scouting system is the most extensive in Europe  so it would have been seriously amiss of them not to take a look at James when he was at Hamilton. The scout did the rest.
But I do think James age 17 or 18 would have benefitted (at that time) much more with a move to a spanish league side, no doubt he would have picked up good habits. Same with Mcgeady then Aiden might have picked up the habit that first option is look for the pass, but in England and Scotland the first thing they want the skillful player to do is take on the man.
I thought Whelan did okay,  but it's not creativity that you get from James, that's not his game.
He partnered best with Paul Green in the Sweden away game, work that one out :)
James has not developed into a creative midfielder, he's more vanilla, plays his best stuff in his own half and is intelligent.

Thewildcat

Quote from: laoislad on March 31, 2015, 07:49:56 PM
Does anyone else not understand a word Thewildcat says?

or your kopite remarks about Everton players ::)

Maroon Manc

Grealish's father was just on talksport, not helping matters at all, can see why Keane was critical of him.

I'll be surprised if he ends up playing for Ireland based on the interview.

foxcommander

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 21, 2015, 10:17:26 AM
Grealish's father was just on talksport, not helping matters at all, can see why Keane was critical of him.

I'll be surprised if he ends up playing for Ireland based on the interview.

He could be an irish mainstay or an english 1 cap player - the new Lee Hendrie of Aston Villa?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

JPGJOHNNYG

The Jack Grealish situation is all a bit tiresome and very similar to the McCarthy saga a few years back. Its quite obvious he is weighing up his options and thats fair enough. In my opinion he is ok but nothing special therefore it would be wise to choose the Republic to have a better international career and not become the next Noel Whelan or maybe ask Mark Noble about the advantage of waiting until he is 40 to get a game for England.
Harry Kane was the player we needed and should have been tempted to switch long ago. The FAI sniffing around as he is about to burst into the Spurs starting line up was way way too late. Do the FAI not have staff monitoring all these eligible players. RTE do a round up now every week of  irish and irish eligible players and to be honest there is not too many of them. Martin O'Neil doesnt need this distraction and should be concentrating on how to break down and beat an unbelievably poor Scotland team something we failed to do at Celtic Park.

theskull1

Ethically speaking, the player should show an interest first prior to the other party getting involved? No?   
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

beer baron

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on April 22, 2015, 06:53:33 AM
The Jack Grealish situation is all a bit tiresome and very similar to the McCarthy saga a few years back. Its quite obvious he is weighing up his options and thats fair enough. In my opinion he is ok but nothing special therefore it would be wise to choose the Republic to have a better international career and not become the next Noel Whelan or maybe ask Mark Noble about the advantage of waiting until he is 40 to get a game for England.
Harry Kane was the player we needed and should have been tempted to switch long ago. The FAI sniffing around as he is about to burst into the Spurs starting line up was way way too late. Do the FAI not have staff monitoring all these eligible players. RTE do a round up now every week of  irish and irish eligible players and to be honest there is not too many of them. Martin O'Neil doesnt need this distraction and should be concentrating on how to break down and beat an unbelievably poor Scotland team something we failed to do at Celtic Park.

Very harsh they've been pretty good for most of this campaign. I think they're better than ourselves and the Poles from what i've seen.