F C U K the begrudgers - C'mon NEW ENGLAND!

Started by GY Joe, February 03, 2008, 03:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leg End

Quote from: GY Joe on February 04, 2008, 03:41:27 PM
F U C K I N G... Gutted. :'(

The MVP was Strahan or Tuck, Manning was great but how lucky was he not to be sacked on that hail mary play.. The football gods were on NY's side.

agree with most of what u said but this.... it was the blockers job to make sure he didn't get sacked so this was maybe their fault that they got through but thought it was brilliant not lucky the way manning got out of it and the pass and catch to follow were superb
we're here for a good time, not a long time

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on February 04, 2008, 01:59:31 PM
Quote from: Leg End on February 04, 2008, 01:19:22 PM
yea he had an awesome second half. if u have read this thread you'll read about 'the catch' and wat eli done to get the ball away watch this. he deserved it for this alone ::) ::) :D :D :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e5BWzoyzVbc

are yous on the wind up?fcuk me youll see a better catch at a u/12 match every saturday,gridiron is the biggest load of crap i have ever seen,a friend of mine is into it big time and i argue with him all the time so i took his advice and gave it a chance last night,well sorry but what a load of bollicks,jesus the last 5 mins of the game took nearly a hour :o

Where are you? Surely you didn't sit and watch something until after three in the morning that you thought was crap?
There's something wrong with you if you weren't amazed at Tyree's catch! 

Im not fit to walk today - think I'll have to have a nap.  Worth it though - some game.
Presentation was a bit shite though.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Leg End on February 04, 2008, 03:48:45 PM
Quote from: GY Joe on February 04, 2008, 03:41:27 PM
F U C K I N G... Gutted. :'(

The MVP was Strahan or Tuck, Manning was great but how lucky was he not to be sacked on that hail mary play.. The football gods were on NY's side.

agree with most of what u said but this.... it was the blockers job to make sure he didn't get sacked so this was maybe their fault that they got through but thought it was brilliant not lucky the way manning got out of it and the pass and catch to follow were superb

To be honest I think Manning just flung the ball downfield and hoped for the best. The Giants' Tyree that caught it has to take a lot of the credit as he was actually well covered by Patriots but pulled off an unbelievable catch. Jamming the ball between his hand and the top of his helmet. That said Manning did well to avoid going down as they had a hold of him three times.

Assante Samuel must be sick today as well. He probably should have made the interception on that last drive. Just seemed to take his eye off it for a second because he was worried about going out of bounds.

Had the Pats won I think Wes Welker would have got the MVP. He was the one Patriots player the Giants couldn't handle. Will be interesting to see where the Pats go from here as they have a few ageing players in that squad but their division is weak so they should still be back in the play-offs next year at the very least.

magpie seanie

History will fete Eli Manning for that late drive but I just looked at the highlights and he was a lucky, lucky boy. NE could have intercepted him a few times and will feel sick about not stopping them. That's sport though.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 04, 2008, 03:16:19 PM
There's no way a Superbowl will be played anywhere else than a city with a warm climate - it's one of the conditions for a city being awarded a Superbowl

Steelers won in Detroit but it was indoors.

I hate indoor games, football should be outside in the elements. look at the Packers vs Giants game - thats what football should look like at this time of year.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 04, 2008, 11:53:46 PM
History will fete Eli Manning for that late drive but I just looked at the highlights and he was a lucky, lucky boy. NE could have intercepted him a few times and will feel sick about not stopping them. That's sport though.

Most losing teams can point to where they missed by inches, no matter what the sport. That's the way it goes. Ask Scott Norwood about the Giants last superbowl victory. Ask Bayern Munich about the shots off the crossbar in the '99 champions league final. Manning did the job when it mattered, going 83 yards up the field in two minutes with the biggest game of his life on the line, just as he did in Dallas and Green Bay when nobody rated his chances. The better team on the night won.

AZOffaly

I was delighted for the Giants, great to see a team really laying out for the win, and upsetting the odds. I just got the impression in the early part of the game that the Patriots were not as 'up' for it as the Giants were. I think they deep down believed that no matter what, they were going to get there in the end.

I thought Armani Toomer had lost the game for the Giants when he didn't get that extra half yard for the first down on the Giant's second last drive. The Patriots went down and scored after that.

Anyway, I;m delighted for 4 reasons.

1) Bill Bellichek. Karma's a bitch ain't it?
2) Michael Strahan.
3) Eli Manning for winning the big one in the manner he did. Far from brilliant for 3 quarters, but he was the one who came through in the 4th. Even after Brady had marched the Patriots down the field.
4) We saw the Superbowl Champs live at Wembley :D

thejuice

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 05, 2008, 09:00:35 AM
4) We saw the Superbowl Champs live at Wembley :D

I think the pitch to the NFL teams when trying to secure games at Wembley in the future, was, "If you play here you'll either end up Superbowl champions or with the first pick of the draft"
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

So San Diego for Superbowl XLIII? And ?new Orleans for 1-15? :D

Minder

You will probably see the break up of the Pats now, linebacking corps is old, will Seau, Bruschi come back? Will Moss come back? He took a pay cut to come to New England and probably thought it would be worth it for one year if he gotr his ring, i would imagine he will now want that contract renegotiated. Its now three years since the Pats won the Superbowl. Bellichick is a good loser, he started walking to the locker room with 1 second on the clock......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

In fairness to Bellichek, much as I hate to be :D, he had ran on and congratulated Coughlin after the 4th down incomplete pass, when the pitch was invaded. There was no point staying and doing it all again. i'm sure he was sick as a small hospital.

I was thinking that about the Pats linebacker corps alright. I'd nearly expect Bruschi to retire, and maybe Seau as well. I imagine the Pats will pay Randy Moss, and Brady and Maroney will be around. They'll still be a force next year.