McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WBF

Or it could be the fact he's not long home from a holiday in Australia ?

screenexile

Quote from: WT4E on January 25, 2016, 04:15:47 PM
I think I'm more annoyed about his tan - not sure whether its jealousy or I'm worried for his health, he must be on them constant or else the weather in Killyclogher has got a lot better since the last time I was there!  ;D

Apparently he's been in Australia the last few weeks which explains the tan. . .

I see the Tyrone supporters group on Facebook took great pleasure in "Damian Barton on his arse... Same place Pascal Canavan put him 20 years ago" (He didn't actually but why let the truth get in the way of a cheap laugh!). . . I think Barton was down there on purpose probably the safest place for him with Fergus about!!  :o :o

WT4E

It'll be jealousy then - Great tan!

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: screenexile on January 25, 2016, 04:30:39 PM
Quote from: WT4E on January 25, 2016, 04:15:47 PM
I think I'm more annoyed about his tan - not sure whether its jealousy or I'm worried for his health, he must be on them constant or else the weather in Killyclogher has got a lot better since the last time I was there!  ;D

Apparently he's been in Australia the last few weeks which explains the tan. . .

I see the Tyrone supporters group on Facebook took great pleasure in "Damian Barton on his arse... Same place Pascal Canavan put him 20 years ago" (He didn't actually but why let the truth get in the way of a cheap laugh!). . . I think Barton was down there on purpose probably the safest place for him with Fergus about!!  :o :o

Cheap shot. Sure the man has enough demons without a troll like yourself compounding them.

Over the Bar

QuoteThe problem for McCann is that he received absolutely no criticism from within his own county re hairgate. In fact he became almost hero worshipped for his actions - facebook and twitter support groups were set up and so hence he will continue his diving antics as he knows not only is it accepted within his own county, it seems to be lauded.

Complete nonsense. but I understand this is a trying time for you.

I have posted this before and I still await anyone who can post me a link to a tyrone person condemning McCann's dive. There was plenty of condemnation from elsewhere but tyrone people circled the wagons and stuck up for their man.

Tammy Wynette was a Tyrone fan too apparently.

lenny

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 25, 2016, 07:06:22 PM
QuoteThe problem for McCann is that he received absolutely no criticism from within his own county re hairgate. In fact he became almost hero worshipped for his actions - facebook and twitter support groups were set up and so hence he will continue his diving antics as he knows not only is it accepted within his own county, it seems to be lauded.

I have posted this before and I still await anyone who can post me a link to a tyrone person condemning McCann's dive. There was plenty of condemnation from elsewhere but tyrone people circled the wagons and stuck up for their man.

Funny to read tyrone people on here now saying they condemned mccann at the time. To be honest I didn't read any of that condemnation and noone has reposted their comments from the time. What I was talking about was public condemnation from explayers and prominent gaa figures from tyrone. I read and heard plenty of them condemn the stick that mccann was getting but none of them came out and said what mccann did was completely in the wrong. I was watching out for that because it is that sort of public condemnation which influences people not to copy or repeat repugnant behaviour.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2016, 07:41:36 PM

Funny to read tyrone people on here now saying they condemned mccann at the time. To be honest I didn't read any of that condemnation and noone has reposted their comments from the time. What I was talking about was public condemnation from explayers and prominent gaa figures from tyrone. I read and heard plenty of them condemn the stick that mccann was getting but none of them came out and said what mccann did was completely in the wrong. I was watching out for that because it is that sort of public condemnation which influences people not to copy or repeat repugnant behaviour.

That's a backtrack.

Main Street

The lovely queen of c&w Tammy would also have a degree of familiarity with Tyrone, having grown up in Whitetrash, Mississippi.

On McCann, I never thought I would say this, but I am beginning to miss the pint sized runt, Penrose.

BennyHarp

I hope you Derry ones are lining up to condemn your managers embarrassing antics on Saturday night! I'd suggest getting your own glass house in order before throwing stones.
That was never a square ball!!

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2016, 08:16:42 PM

I hope you Derry ones are lining up to condemn your managers embarrassing antics on Saturday night! I'd suggest getting your own glass house in order before throwing stones.

I have no problem saying barton was totally out of order. Still waiting for you to say mccann was totally out of order.

screenexile

Quote from: screenexile on January 24, 2016, 12:42:23 AM
Wasn't at it but just heard bits and pieces. On the schemozzle yeah it was a wreckless tackle a yellow card but nothing more, the dive was a bit much for me but McNamee deserved his second yellow as well regardless, McKinless is close to the Loughshore so your own nonsense may have rubbed off on him. Barton coming running over was a bit ridiculous but I wasn't sad to see McCarron getting sent off as he well deserved it.

In term of Barton running over it looked like a bit of fire and passion and if it instills it into our lads then fair enough.

All in all we should have closed the game out and we also shouldn't have disappeared in Extra time.  Wouldn't read a whole pile into it for Championship save to say it will be tighter than many around the Country think. Tyrone for their run last year aren't as good as made out and I'd still fancy Donegal and Monaghan against them in Ulster. We aren't as bad as shown last year and I think Barton and Scullion will lift the whole team. We won't win Ulster and we may not win thr first round but I think we'll give the Tymoanies a real rattle!

I don't see why he should be condemned he ran over and didn't actually do anything like I said it was ridiculous and there was really no need but I'm not sure why it should be condemned. McCann elbowed a guy causing him to have surgery and 14 stitches. . . they are hardly the same thing!!!

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2016, 08:33:27 PM

I have no problem saying barton was totally out of order. Still waiting for you to say mccann was totally out of order.

So would you feel Barton should be handed a 8 week ban then? If he was given that punishment would you defend him or accept that it was appropriate? Most right thinking posters here from Tyrone, including me, called McCanns dive for was what it was. The defence of him was regarding the outrageous over reaction from the media and proposed 8 week ban that was actually against the rules of the organisation. I don't understand how you can't separate those two things?

Maybe the whole of the Derry public coming out and condemning Barton's behavior will stop this repugnant behaviour from him in the future, We'll wait and see!

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2016, 08:46:57 PM

So you feel Barton should be handed and 8 week ban then? If he was given that punishment would you defend him or accept that it was appropriate? Most right thinking posters here from Tyrone, including me, called McCanns dive for was what it was. The defence of him was regarding the outrageous over reaction from the media and proposed 8 week ban that was actually against the rules of the organisation. I don't understand how you can't separate those two things?

Maybe the whole of the Derry public coming out and condemning Barton's behavior will stop this repugnant behaviour from him in the future, We'll wait and see!

Barton was out of order but you couldnt call his behaviour repugnant. He will get the appropriate punishment and will accept it like a man unlike the numerous tyrone players who have employed fergal to get their bans overturned. Mccanns behaviour on the other hand was unquestionably repugnant both for the dive and for his cowardly elbow on sat evening.

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2016, 08:53:35 PM

So you feel Barton should be handed and 8 week ban then? If he was given that punishment would you defend him or accept that it was appropriate? Most right thinking posters here from Tyrone, including me, called McCanns dive for was what it was. The defence of him was regarding the outrageous over reaction from the media and proposed 8 week ban that was actually against the rules of the organisation. I don't understand how you can't separate those two things?

Barton was out of order but you couldnt call his behaviour repugnant. He will get the appropriate punishment and will accept it like a man unlike the numerous tyrone players who have employed fergal to get their bans overturned. Mccanns behaviour on the other hand was unquestionably repugnant both for the dive and for his cowardly elbow on sat evening.

So you are defending Barton now? So you see how this internet thing works now?

Mikhailov

Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2016, 08:53:35 PM

Believe me Lenny - Feargal has done many a good turn for Derry players both at county and club level in recent past. Don't be so quick to ridicule !!