What do you think?

Fair play to her
21 (37.5%)
That's way out of line
35 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 56

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on November 01, 2010, 09:23:31 PM
Not at all, I don't care what you or anyone else on here thinks of what I say.  I stand by what I said, our minister would deserve it. 

Do you have any idea what mess she has made of the education system?
Do you realise it was shinner policy which she foisted upon us all without even a hint of democracy about it?

I stand by what I said whether you think it's hypocritical or not.

I suspect you aren't telling the truth by the way, why else would you get all offended by what I said?   :o

Party stands for election espousing an end to academic selection.
Elected member of party becomes education Minister.
Minister implements policy platform on which she was elected.

As it happens I think Ruane has performed fairly poorly in her post, particularly in her failure to take decisive action. The manner in which the selection issue was allowed to drift until the last minute was far from acceptable. Academic selection is inherently wrong in my view and I applaud anyone who stands against such a system despite the fact that I benefited from it myself.

However I am not blinded by the hatred of SF that appears to consume you. I don't support SF and don't vote for them. I did once but no longer. And I'm not offended by anything you say just mildly irritated by your blatant hypocrisy.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ardmhachaabu

It's not the first time you have challenged me when I have said something about the shinners.  Why are you so defensive of them if you don't support them?

So what if I hate them?  What's it to you?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on November 01, 2010, 09:47:55 PM
It's not the first time you have challenged me when I have said something about the shinners.  Why are you so defensive of them if you don't support them?

Yes I think its the second time. I'm gald you're keeping count of the numerous occasions with which people disagree with you. Its nothing to me really, I haven't even defended them on this thread (or is refusing to condone physical attacks on Ms Ruane defence in your eyes?). In fact I've said that I think she has done a poor job but that I don't support academic selection. Hardly ground-breaking opinions. However your obsession with Republicans is somewhat irritating, particularly the manner in which you attempt to turn so many thread into anti-SF rants. In this case you've succeeded again so I'll allow the thread to return to its proper topic of discussion.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 01, 2010, 09:57:51 PM

Yes I think its the second time. I'm gald you're keeping count of the numerous occasions with which people disagree with you. Its nothing to me really, I haven't even defended them on this thread (or is refusing to condone physical attacks on Ms Ruane defence in your eyes?). In fact I've said that I think she has done a poor job but that I don't support academic selection. Hardly ground-breaking opinions. However your obsession with Republicans is somewhat irritating, particularly the manner in which you attempt to turn so many thread into anti-SF rants. In this case you've succeeded again so I'll allow the thread to return to its proper topic of discussion.
We really need a yawn smiley.  You don't have to read what I type if you don't like it.  Just because you don't like me spouting about shinners doesn't mean I have to stop.  Run along now
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Mack the finger

For anyone who's ever suffered the converer belt
that passes as the health service or had a relative suffer the indignity of it,
Harney has had this coming.

For those suffering from righteous indignation, 'tis only a drop of paint.
About time the Irish fought back against this shower. At least the French
have a bit of fight about them. Can only hope this is the start of something
against this rabble.

Orior

Quote from: Mack the finger on November 01, 2010, 10:05:33 PM

against this rabble.

If you are right, then I fear for the way society is going. If there is something wrong in Government, then its okay go throw paint over someone?

That is very sad.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Orior on November 01, 2010, 10:08:42 PM
Quote from: Mack the finger on November 01, 2010, 10:05:33 PM

against this rabble.

If you are right, then I fear for the way society is going. If there is something wrong in Government, then its okay go throw paint over someone?

That is very sad.

She is not just "someone". She is a minister for health that has destroyed the health service and I hope for your sake u never have to rely on that service.

longrunsthefox

Is hardly the way to deal with it. If we did that to every politician who has messed things up there wouldnt be enough paint to go around and then bankers, Bishops who covered up child abuse, unionists or Republican politicians each side hates up here.... on and on. It ain't the way... 

muppet

Whatever about the rights and wrongs of it being 'only paint' or it being 'violence against a woman', it demonstrates clearly that the Irish don't have it in them to fight for themselves.

The Financial Regulator was Harney's idea.
The current state of the Health System is her fault.
She and the rest are very lucky they are dealing with the Irish and not say the French.

Rightly or wrongly there will be no mass movement (unpleasentness) to get rid of useless/corrupt politicians/eilte and that is why they will continue to administer it to us rectally.
MWWSI 2017

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on November 01, 2010, 10:00:23 PM

We really need a yawn smiley.  You don't have to read what I type if you don't like it.  Just because you don't like me spouting about shinners doesn't mean I have to stop.  Run along now

Just because you don't like your views being challengedd doesn't mean anybody should refrain from doing so.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 01, 2010, 10:35:40 PM

Just because you don't like your views being challengedd doesn't mean anybody should refrain from doing so.
A yawn smiley is definitely needed.  You are boring me to tears, provo lover

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on November 01, 2010, 10:38:01 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 01, 2010, 10:35:40 PM

A yawn smiley is definitely needed.  You are boring me to tears, provo lover

I withdraw from this conversation citing the advice of a poster known as The Biff.

ardmhachaabu

This is the second time you have said that, let's see if you can do it or if you will come back to have another go at me.  I can take it, provo lover

Nally Stand

ATTENTION / ACHTUNG / ATTENZIONNE

I am currently being ignored by ardmhachaabu (again) for asking him tough questions that he couldn't answer (again) so could somebody maybe ask him a question for me in the hope that he might answer you? Then you could maybe pass on his answer to me??

Is someone a hypocrite if they proclaim themselves to be a pacifist and a former potential Priest but also say that someone "deserves to be drowned in a vat of paint"?

Thank You / Merci / Danke
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ardmhachaabu