What do you think?

Fair play to her
21 (37.5%)
That's way out of line
35 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Zapatista

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1101/harneym.html

A woman in her late 20s has been arrested after Minister for Health Mary Harney was sprayed with paint in Dublin.

whiskeysteve

That is nothing compared to what will be thrown in 6-12 months time
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Canalman

Probably in a minority of one here but I feel very sorry for Mary Harney. An awful thing to do imo to any person.... esp a woman.
Expect alot of bile on this thread shortly.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Canalman on November 01, 2010, 12:26:01 PM
Probably in a minority of one here but I feel very sorry for Mary Harney. An awful thing to do imo to any person.... esp a woman.
Expect alot of bile on this thread shortly.
i'd agree, but she has her 20 yrs done and has full ministerial and td pensions, so she should have resigned, runour was she was holding out for a european job - but they'll not be transferring anyone at the minute, not when it would trigger a by-election. 

Zapatista

I've heard it was Eirigi Councillor Louise Minihan.

Orior

That was an awful thing to do.

I hope the culprit is given 2 years community service, starting with removal of graffitti in Dublin. And I hope her hands melt with the paint stripper liquid.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

This was an absolutely disgraceful act of thuggery. The woman that threw the paint at Mary Harney should be prosecuted and face gaol. All I can say about the thug that threw the paint is that a leopard doesn't change its spots.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Zapatista

I thought it was great. Laughed my arse off when I heard it. I think it will back fire though and she was a little foolish. It would have been much better if it was an ordinary Ballyfermot woman rather than a city cllr.

Doogie Browser

This type of protest disgusts me, it is effectively assault and says more about the character of the protestor IMO.

brokencrossbar1

Invited guest, former SF councillor, member of Eirigí.  Stupid really and makes no point of note.  She would have been better to have a dossier of health issues that are facing her constituents and made a big noise about handing those over rather then throwing paint.

Zapatista

Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 01, 2010, 01:17:41 PM
This type of protest disgusts me, it is effectively assault and says more about the character of the protestor IMO.

It was a bit of paint FFS. I'm sure it was animal tested before hand to make sure she'd come to no harm.

The moral outrage at this is scary when you think of what Harney has done to health in this COuntry.

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 01, 2010, 01:18:00 PM
Invited guest, former SF councillor, member of Eirigí.  Stupid really and makes no point of note.  She would have been better to have a dossier of health issues that are facing her constituents and made a big noise about handing those over rather then throwing paint.

10 years of dossiers and Harney still doesn't listen.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

But throwing things is probably her electoral platform.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Zapatista on November 01, 2010, 01:20:04 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 01, 2010, 01:17:41 PM

It was a bit of paint FFS. I'm sure it was animal tested before hand to make sure she'd come to no harm.

The moral outrage at this is scary when you think of what Harney has done to health in this COuntry.

10 years of dossiers and Harney still doesn't listen.

This is not about what Mary Harney did, its what that Oink did. This story is about an assault on a woman, nothing more.