The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Gaeilgoir

We are not out of it yet, pressure is a funny thing.

T Fearon

Tonight Man City became the latest English club to reach the European Cup/Champions league semi final.A full 54 years after the first English club to do so,Spurs!

T Fearon

Another super win tonight.All we need is for Leicester to draw and lose two of their remaining fixtures.Have a feeling this is going to happen!

Minder

Spurs looking very strong at just the right time, they are the best team in the division but not sure they will catch Leicester
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

seafoid

Before this weekend Leicester's last 5 was 5 wins and Tottenham's was 3 wins 2 draws
Now it's 4 wins one draw each

The Grauniad was talking about Leicester perhaps being 10 points ahead this evening

Owenmoresider

Sublime stuff tonight, 4-0 and it really could have been more, the work rate of this team is immense. Big win to put increased pressure on Leicester, if they fail to beat Swansea at the weekend then the title race is open. Just have to keep on winning and see what they do.

seafoid

Tottenham have scored more and conceded less than Leicester who have been grinding out one nils

T Fearon

Alas the title has now gone and a wonderful season will not be adorned by silverware.But surely the future is bright

Dinny Breen

Quote from: T Fearon on April 26, 2016, 08:12:00 AM
Alas the title has now gone and a wonderful season will not be adorned by silverware.But surely the future is bright

I am sure Liverpool thought the same 2 years ago, the vultures will be swooping soon.
#newbridgeornowhere

laoislad

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 26, 2016, 11:35:30 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on April 26, 2016, 08:12:00 AM

I am sure Liverpool thought the same 2 years ago, the vultures will be swooping soon.
In fairness we think the same at the end of every season..
Next year.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

seafoid

Dinny Breen

Quote from: seafoid on April 26, 2016, 11:43:42 AM
I wonder who will be sold

My name is Arry, Arry Kane. €60m to Man United.
#newbridgeornowhere

imtommygunn

Man united don't have the clout they had under fergie. I think if any good spurs player left there for united it'd be a step backwards. (unless Pochitino(spelling) leaves in which case I could see a few leaving)

Boycey

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 26, 2016, 11:55:15 AM

For €60 million? Not a chance, you would have to go close to breaking a world record to get him.

I'm pretty sure anyway him and Alli or anyone that might attract a megabucks offer will stay at least another year and play in the Champions League for Spurs..

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Boycey on April 26, 2016, 12:25:18 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 26, 2016, 11:55:15 AM

For €60 million? Not a chance, you would have to go close to breaking a world record to get him.

I'm pretty sure anyway him and Alli or anyone that might attract a megabucks offer will stay at least another year and play in the Champions League for Spurs..

Man United are still Man United, biggest club in England, top 4 in the World.

Spurs have a stadium to pay for £100m for Arry and Alli would go a long way towards helping to pay for that.

Man United have a history of buying the best available British talent, it's always being part of their model. Spurs have always being a selling club.

For the player it will always come down to money, 200K a week at Man United or 100K a week at Spurs. What player has ever turned down the money?
#newbridgeornowhere