Kerry v Armagh

Started by bennydorano, February 08, 2012, 08:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipstick

::)
Quote from: Orior on February 12, 2012, 11:53:08 AM
May I register my displeasure at players tweeting about massive hangovers. Yeah, it was a good win and they're entitled to celebrate, but it is not much of an example to set to young people.

You dont need me to remind you of the Glengormley family that are still searching for their son who fell into the river Lagan after a night out  a few weeks ago.

Catch a grip on yourself.This has nothing to do with the tragedy that happened to the Murphy family.

pearseog

without sounding like Martin Johnson...amateur sportsman drinks after unexpected, hard earned victory -SHOCKER
catch a grip Orior

fitzroyalty

Orior maybe they're all like me, complete lightweights who get hungover on two Peroni  ;)

brokencrossbar1

That was a fantastic result and in my mind I have been happily proved wrong to date in much of my thoughts about things around the teams.  Straight up I have heard stories from a number of sources(non-Cross ones I might emphasize) which had suggested that things were not good around the squad and that PG was having his work cut out getting them to see things his way.  At half time last week against Cork my feelings seemed fully justified.  Whatever happened in the dressing room at HT last week seems to have lit torch in these boys and they have reacted fantastically.  The second half last week was good but I still had doubts as I felt Cork were not great and the lose of a man made it much easier for Armagh to pull back into the game so I was keeping my counsel on that a small bit.  Last nights performance was excellent from start to finish.  That was a very strong team Kerry had out.  2 O Se's, Galvin, Killian Young, the goalkeeper, O'Mahony, Sheehan, Maher, Darren O'S, Declan O'S, Donaghy, will all start championship this year. For Arnagh to travel to Tralee and get the result they did against such a strong team and in the manner in which they did is testament to the work that must be happening on the training field.  Also a small bit of self belief can go a long way.

Also in fairness to the Kerry men on the Radio Weeshie and the boys were very magnanimous and clearly called it that the better team won and questioned the Kerry tactics quite a lot.  I would say O'Connor will be under fierce pressure this year.  2 wins from the last 5 would guarantee safety and I reckon that is highly achieveable with games against Laois and Mayo being 2 very winnable games.

Agent Orange

Quote from: Orior on February 12, 2012, 11:53:08 AM
May I register my displeasure at players tweeting about massive hangovers. Yeah, it was a good win and they're entitled to celebrate, but it is not much of an example to set to young people.

You dont need me to remind you of the Glengormley family that are still searching for their son who fell into the river Lagan after a night out  a few weeks ago.

No game for 3 weeks, they are entitled to a few beers after such a victory. Hell of a turnaround since the first half against Cork. Could and maybe should have won that one too. Top of the league and no complaints. Maybe you should stop tweeting and go for a pint yourself.

under the bar

QuoteJesus they beat Kerry on a Saturday night, with no match for three weeks and you are complaining about the boys going out? Catch a grip.

He's not complaining about the players going out.  He's making the very valid point that county players should not be tweeting about getting p*ssed.  Terrible example and Armagh county board should have a word about the responsibility that accompanies getting the jersey.  After all its mostly 11-15 year olds who read their inane tweets.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Well done to Orchard heads on last nights result....well deserved, better team from the word go. A lot of negatives to be discussed on our side...Donaghy - proving he's not captaincy material once again. Moaning non-stop. Playing shite aswell. Tomás - losing the rag...again, gone for 2 months now probably. Idiotic. Seán Sullivan - end of the road. Etc. Positives, eh..Declan looked ok when he came on..Brian McGuire looked very good again..thats about it.

Lastly, have to comment on the referee unfortunately. Made at least 10 ridiculous calls in my view, for both teams. He has been shocking any time I've seen him and is not up to the standard required in my view.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

seanaglis

Why did Kerry Boo Armagh onto the field, and boo at the end of the match?

Are armagh teams not allowed to go to Tralee and win. Bad sportsmanship

The Worker

Dont see an issue with the players having a drink after the game last night, and tweeting about it.

Canalman

Quote from: Sandy Hill on February 11, 2012, 10:24:21 PM
Really great result, though not exactly what I was expecting. Hugely impressed by our defence who managed for the most part to keep Kerry out of the scoring zone. Excellent full back line in particular and heartening to see that we were prepared to attack and that we have a few forwards capable of taking points from distance. Really promising start to 2012.
Fierce amount of yapping by the Kerry players at the ref, especially K Donaghy and surprisingly, I thought, B Sheehan.
We stand a good chance of staying in Div 1.

Indeed the Yapping is something imo that has visibly crept into the Kerry game for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Very surprised that the management hasn't stamped it out.
Armagh should really build on this victory,  personally think that the basis of our (Dublin) win last year was the win in Killarney in the spring of 2010 after our filleting in 2009.

heffo

Quote from: Canalman on February 12, 2012, 09:20:27 PM
Really great result, though not exactly what I was expecting. Hugely impressed by our defence who managed for the most part to keep Kerry out of the scoring zone. Excellent full back line in particular and heartening to see that we were prepared to attack and that we have a few forwards capable of taking points from distance. Really promising start to 2012.
Fierce amount of yapping by the Kerry players at the ref, especially K Donaghy and surprisingly, I thought, B Sheehan.

Indeed the Yapping is something imo that has visibly crept into the Kerry game for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Very surprised that the management hasn't stamped it out.
Armagh should really build on this victory,  personally think that the basis of our (Dublin) win last year was the win in Killarney in the spring of 2010 after our filleting in 2009.

The constant moaning at refs has been a feature of their game (especially with Donaghy) for about three years now.

Armamike

Quote from: heffo on February 12, 2012, 09:35:01 PM
Quote from: Canalman on February 12, 2012, 09:20:27 PM

The constant moaning at refs has been a feature of their game (especially with Donaghy) for about three years now.

Donaghy's a bad case. I remember him winning a free in last year's AI final and he was still yappng to the ref.  Seems to be his default setting.
That's just, like your opinion man.

kuht

The booing at the end was directed at the referee,
not sure about the start, possibly payback for croker last week were not only were kerry booed but dublin had fireworks and music and all coming on to the field. very unlikely though.

AZOffaly

Donaghy has form alright in the whinging department. Fond of the amateur dramatics. It'd suit him better to start knuckling down to playing football again, instead of believing his own hype.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: seanaglis on February 12, 2012, 09:04:45 PM

Eh? I was there and I don't remember Armagh being boo'd onto the field....the booing at half-time/full-time was for the ref probably..but those trying to blame the ref for that defeat are deluding themselves.

Donaghy needs to be dropped until he shuts his trap..its doing nothing but damage to him AND the team..he was even captain Sat night for feck sake and it was worse he got. He's playing gash aswell.

"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...