Mark Sidebottom

Started by thewobbler, May 28, 2011, 10:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

What happened in the MacRory??

Applesisapples

Quote from: Don Johnson on June 20, 2012, 01:49:20 PM
What happened in the MacRory??
He reffered to the portliness of one of the keepers, can't remember the exact wording.

Dougal Maguire

Not exactly a sacking offence. Brolly said as bad about Andrew Murnin in the 2009 Minor Final when he said he looked like someone who'd have been rioting on the streets in the early 1970s
Careful now

Agent Orange

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 20, 2012, 10:04:21 PM
Not exactly a sacking offence. Brolly said as bad about Andrew Murnin in the 2009 Minor Final when he said he looked like someone who'd have been rioting on the streets in the early 1970s

Maybe Brolly knows young Murnins dad. ;)

ziggysego

I remember Peter Canavan's first few times as a pundit on TV3. He was a bit nervous and didn't do that great. After a few weeks, when the nerves settled and he got into the swing of it, it was very good at it.
Testing Accessibility

C_Berg_316

I actually think McConnon and Brian Canavan that do the Radio Ulster commentary are very good.  Why cant BBC NI just give viewers a red button option for alternative commentary and then the choice of listening to the Radio Ulster commentary on the TV.
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

ONeill

Sidey warming up.

Sean has cut the stuttering a good bit so far. Oisin is now a smooth operator. Are they sidelining McHugh and Burns by stealth?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

...whilst Colm O'Rourke has written off the game already.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on June 24, 2012, 01:58:06 PM
...whilst Colm O'Rourke has written off the game already.

I thought he was going to cry when describing how he thought the game would go.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Stevie g 8

I'd rather listen to him over Marty morrissey any day

Gold

Has had a good game so far. I like him

Best was when he said Laverty would have went down there (when Ambrose didnt)!

Could not fault him today

Far better than Morrisey
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

supersub

He called it as Aidan Carr replacing Maginn in starting 15 before the game when Carr was starting all along. Eoin McCartan replaced Maginn in the xi but there was no mention of him the whole of the first half, any time no15 got the ball he was called either Donal O'Hare (13) or Maginn who they clearly said wasn't playing at the start of the game. Sort it out. Also has just said 25 minutes gone in the second half here when it was the 56th minute. So unprofessional.

Aaron Boone

He was giving the twitter address as Down were stepping up for the equalising free.

Fear Boirche

Quote from: C_Berg_316 on June 21, 2012, 08:17:34 AM
I actually think McConnon and Brian Canavan that do the Radio Ulster commentary are very good.  Why cant BBC NI just give viewers a red button option for alternative commentary and then the choice of listening to the Radio Ulster commentary on the TV.

Are you serious? I think McConnon is atrocious. For a radio commentator, he commentates assuming that the listener can actually see what's happening. I flicked between the Radio Ulster and RTE Radio commentary today and it was a world of difference. RTE was quick, crisp, described exactly what was happening on the pitch. McConnon very often talks in ambigious terms, ie "It's a long ball up the field and it's caught, etc." Also, his instinct is always to react to an incident "Oh, that was great, fantastic..." before actually telling the listener what has happened. Very often, it's left to Brian Canavan to fill in the details of an incident. Canavan is a good co-commentator, but McConnon is poor for radio, rarely gives score or time updates, even when a team has just scored.

The Worker

bring back jimmy smyth