O'Donoughue starts ranting again...

Started by neilthemac, March 16, 2007, 05:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bottlethrower7

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 23, 2007, 12:49:46 PM
I would have thought rovers main objection to having GAA sized pitch , would be the lack of 'atmosphere' in the ground etc for soccer matches.

Nah, that would be more down to the lack of people at games. The size of the pitch isn't gonna affect that!

tayto

I doubt the minister has made this decision because of the possible threat to atmosphere at Rovers matches.

What's his reasoning? We're just supposed to take his word for it, sit back and be left out.  It was all agreed until he put his oar in, the least he can do is explain the thinking behind it.

Weisford

If this is a public stadium is there provision for  a running track or any other athletic facilities ?????

dublinfella

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on March 23, 2007, 10:48:55 AM
Quote from: dublinfella on March 22, 2007, 10:37:05 PM
[out of interest, a blog entry on the saga, possibly a rovers fans

http://nanotech.lemonup.com/Albert-White-The-Tallaght-Stadium-Saga-continues/

There are more holes in this than there is in a block of swiss cheese. The rules of the GAA regarding Rule 42 have no bearing on this case. GAA pitches are owned by the clubs not the government so it is their decision who they do or do not let play on them, and the fact they OWN land in Rathcoole is also irrelevant

Nowhere in the article does it mention that the decision was changed from allowing the GAA in to excluding then at the whim of O'Donoughue to allocate funding. If anyone can take this seriously they have to be even more narrow-minded than dublinfella

the change proposed by the GAA clubs to the council and provisionally accepted was explicitly conditional on funds still being available. it turns out that they werent, so the council unanimiously  reverted to the original stadium design. TD's entire case rests on the timescale that that decision was taken under.

his point on rathcoole is central to the ministers stance.his attitude has always been that the gaa have been given land nearby and he has offered funding towords its development. TD have their own facilities and never professed any need to upgrade. if the area needs a gaa stadium they have a site, the GAA "cant have it all", its another sports turn. to still claim ignorance of his position is baffling

and the GAA were never 'excluded'. using that term is a deliberate misinterpretation of the position the minister has taken. which it seems is hardening his stance.

Quote from: rosnarun on March 23, 2007, 11:01:51 AM
does anyone know what kind of lease rovers are going to sign on this pitch. will it be like shelboures in tolka (another County coucil owned field in this case dublin corpoation )one that they have now sold to Ossie kilkenny? where by the use of the field has passed completly out of sporting ownership? and guess what he want to put up there . at least bohemians are selling out their fans without any help from the corpo.

shels have sold ossie kilkenny an option on the lease. the stadium site is due for rezoning in 2010 regardless.

bohemians are a members club who voted yes to a cash plus stadium for dalymount deal offered to them by a property company, much like is happeining in golf clubs up and down the country.  'selling out the fans'? ie the ones who voted in favour of the deal? thats profound ignorance of what you are talking about.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tayto on March 23, 2007, 01:21:26 PM
I doubt the minister has made this decision because of the possible threat to atmosphere at Rovers matches.

What's his reasoning? We're just supposed to take his word for it, sit back and be left out.  It was all agreed until he put his oar in, the least he can do is explain the thinking behind it.

wasnt talking about odonoghue
just an observation on why rovers fans like dublinfella dont want gaa sharing the 'municipal' stadium!

also- golf clubs?
Last time I looked, golf in general is not exactly a multi spectator sport for anything other then the major tournaments.
Even then they wouldnt have that many fans - about as many as would go to a rovers game I suppose (a few hundred)

dublinfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 23, 2007, 02:27:53 PM
Quote from: tayto on March 23, 2007, 01:21:26 PM

just an observation on why rovers fans like dublinfella dont want gaa sharing the 'municipal' stadium!

also- golf clubs?
Last time I looked, golf in general is not exactly a multi spectator sport for anything other then the major tournaments.
Even then they wouldnt have that many fans - about as many as would go to a rovers game I suppose (a few hundred)

im not a Rovers fan. try harder.

Rovers have stated they have no problem sharing with the GAA, in fact they will be. The problem is demolishing the stadium and having a bastardised 2,000 seater. But you know this. So why persist with a line you know to be wrong? Because Danny Lynch says so?

and to say rovers get 'a few hundred' is infantile.

rosnarun

and what type of rezoning do you think ozzie is going to go for ? It hardly going to be in the intrests of Sport or is he going to creat a municipal stadium there too either way shels dont give a toss.
sure thememebrs that turned up at the bohs meeting grabbed all the money but how many of their fans are going to walk out to their new stadium since there is no parking or public transport  about half the ragbag selection that go to games now. then well see who feel sold out
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on March 23, 2007, 02:31:19 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 23, 2007, 02:27:53 PM
also- golf clubs?
Rovers have stated they have no problem sharing with the GAA, in fact they will be. The problem is demolishing the stadium and having a bastardised 2,000 seater. But you know this. So why persist with a line you know to be wrong? Because Danny Lynch says so?
and to say rovers get 'a few hundred' is infantile.
You know thats not true!
Nope again - rovers have huge problems sharing a stadium with GAA - why else are you off on your hobby horse and why else would they refuse to welcome a municipal stadium that is closed to a certain section of sports.
Dont really know much about Danny lynch - no relation so again wrong.
I think a few hundred would be accurate enough...

are you trying to win the 'wrong' lotto?

dubnut

Quote from: dublinfella on March 23, 2007, 02:31:19 PM

Well you sure as hell are spending a lot of time defending them Dublinfella.
Ok so if not a Rovers fan you must just be a soccer fan who has it in for the GAA?

You will deny this of course but you ARE one of the above

and a nob! : }

Rossfan

Quote from: dublinfella on March 23, 2007, 01:54:30 PM

....his point on rathcoole is central to the ministers stance.his attitude has always been that the gaa have been given land nearby  .....

For F *** sake cut the crap.
The Dublin County Board BOUGHT land near Rathcoole from the County Council.
PLEASE NOTE B O U G H T[/b] not G I V E N.
I know thats a foreign concept to a soccer eejit like Roversfella.
I understand there is no access to these lands till the Council build a road but they are having trouble doing so as it is intended that the same road will give access to lands they have earmarked for a Traveller Site.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magickingdom

"shels have sold ossie kilkenny an option on the lease. the stadium site is due for rezoning in 2010 regardless.

bohemians are a members club who voted yes to a cash plus stadium for dalymount deal offered to them by a property company, much like is happeining in golf clubs up and down the country.  'selling out the fans'? ie the ones who voted in favour of the deal? thats profound ignorance of what you are talking about."

shels got e600,000 taxpayers money to upgrade tolka, its soon lgoing to be an apt block. likewise bohs got e750,000 for dalymount soon to go the same way.  they should be made pay that money back.....dublinfells soccer clubs have been flogging their grounds for years now, their a joke

dublinfella

Quote from: magickingdom on March 25, 2007, 10:27:14 PM
"shels have sold ossie kilkenny an option on the lease. the stadium site is due for rezoning in 2010 regardless.

bohemians are a members club who voted yes to a cash plus stadium for dalymount deal offered to them by a property company, much like is happeining in golf clubs up and down the country.  'selling out the fans'? ie the ones who voted in favour of the deal? thats profound ignorance of what you are talking about."

shels got e600,000 taxpayers money to upgrade tolka, its soon lgoing to be an apt block. likewise bohs got e750,000 for dalymount soon to go the same way.  they should be made pay that money back.....dublinfells soccer clubs have been flogging their grounds for years now, their a joke

and Laois, Kerry, Kildare etc who are talking about selling their county grounds arent doing the exact same thing? why when soccer do it its money grabbing but when the GAA do it its great business accumen? and when the GAA take state money its the lotto and when soccer take it its directly from the excehquer? do i smell hypocricy?

if you are going to lift a line from the tribune, think it through....

bottlethrower7

Quote from: dublinfella on March 26, 2007, 12:45:14 AM
Quote from: magickingdom on March 25, 2007, 10:27:14 PM

and Laois, Kerry, Kildare etc who are talking about selling their county grounds arent doing the exact same thing? why when soccer do it its money grabbing but when the GAA do it its great business accumen? and when the GAA take state money its the lotto and when soccer take it its directly from the excehquer? do i smell hypocricy?

if you are going to lift a line from the tribune, think it through....

the article in question only referred to Croke Park, but then again its not uncommon for you to take something and completely twist it to suit your arguments. And what an excellent it was too by, Dave Hannigan who is a soccer journalist, is he not.

Now, wheres Albert White when you need him......

but while we're at it, give us details about the grounds you mentioned roversfan. Particularly Laois, where they've just had a development in the old car park (read 'field') out front. Perhaps you can tell us all what plans they have for their pitch, and their plans to 'sell' it. Or you wouldn't be just picking false facts from the air just to try and back up your pathetic arguments would you?

The only ground I know of for sure thats being sold off is Cusack Park, Clare, and anyone thats been there in the last 10 years knows that it hasn't had a penny put into it from any quarter.

Try again roversman.

Hardy

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on March 26, 2007, 09:00:50 AM
... the article in question only referred to Croke Park ...
Got a link to this, BT?

magickingdom

"and Laois, Kerry, Kildare etc who are talking about selling their county grounds arent doing the exact same thing? why when soccer do it its money grabbing but when the GAA do it its great business accumen? and when the GAA take state money its the lotto and when soccer take it its directly from the excehquer? do i smell hypocricy?

if you are going to lift a line from the tribune, think it through...."

i've already explained my line of thought on this so for the last time dublinfella: the soccer clubs involved are professional soccer clubs, they should not get any taxpayers money. i've previously said i'm alll for giving money to amateur soccer. the gaa clubs are amateur...