O'Donoughue starts ranting again...

Started by neilthemac, March 16, 2007, 05:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Quote from: The Biff on March 20, 2007, 07:04:46 PM
Little to add that has not been already said.  Fair play to ye dublinfella; I might not agree with you but I admire your persistence.

Can anyone confirm an "ironic" point to me ... the barrister for SDCC is named in the news articles as Dermot Flanagan.  Would that be the former Mayo footballer, and son of the Mayo legend and former Fianna Fail Minister Sean Flanagan?

If it is, I'm just wondering how he might feel arguing AGAINST support for a GAA club, or is it his FF roots that are holding sway, or is he just being a good legal man and to hell with his own beliefs?

If it's not, then the bulk of my post is irrelevant.  Nothing new there then.  :-X

Haven't read the reports,but Dermot Flannagan is a barrister so presume it's the same man. And I'd imagine he's just being a good legal man, struggling to earn a crust and all that, sure those boys can't afford beliefs ;)

bottlethrower7

Quote from: dublinfella on March 20, 2007, 02:07:21 PM
does your club share its facilities? mine doesnt, and i dont think we should 'get what we deserve'

mine does.

then I doubt you even have a club - a GAA one anyway.

magpie seanie

QuoteEU competetion law very clearly doesnt apply to sports. Hence the Italians, French, Dutch etc play their professional sports in municipal facilities.

Municipal facilities that are available for other sports.

The fact that you cannot see how wrong and crooked this is worries me greatly. I think even Shams would agree to allowing GAA in if they get an almost free stadium.

snatter

In our rush to point out the absurdities of dublinfella's posts, lets not forget that it is O'Donoghue who is the real muppet here.

People of Kerry - Vote him out.

Deal_Me_In

Has there been any update on the court case since it recommenced on Tuesday?

Rossfan

Judgement has "been reserved" - which I think usually means the Judge wants to go away and think about it and probably read up on the Law in this area.
A decision will be given "in due course" no doubt.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magickingdom

"Judgement has "been reserved" - which I think usually means the Judge wants to go away and think about it and probably read up on the Law in this area.
A decision will be given "in due course" no doubt"

thats exactly what it means. in complex cases, they will often sit on it for a while...

deiseach

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 21, 2007, 09:00:16 AM
The fact that you cannot see how wrong and crooked this is worries me greatly. I think even Shams would agree to allowing GAA in if they get an almost free stadium.

Well, it seems they wouldn't because they need a 10,000 capacity stadium. Quite apart from some dispute over whether a GAA pitch would reduce the capacity to 2,000, why the hell do Rovers need a 10,000 capacity stadium?!

bottlethrower7

Quote from: deiseach on March 22, 2007, 09:33:44 AM

Well, it seems they wouldn't because they need a 10,000 capacity stadium. Quite apart from some dispute over whether a GAA pitch would reduce the capacity to 2,000, why the hell do Rovers need a 10,000 capacity stadium?!

so that dublinfella has lots of choice about where he can sit along with the other 20 rovers die-hards at every game. Think of it - do I want a seat with a view of the Dublin mountains, or one with a view of the Square. Its a serious dilemma really.

dublinfella

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on March 22, 2007, 09:41:07 AM

so that dublinfella has lots of choice about where he can sit along with the other 20 rovers die-hards at every game. Think of it - do I want a seat with a view of the Dublin mountains, or one with a view of the Square. Its a serious dilemma really.

do you really want to compare Rovers crowds with TD's?

TD try and have their own case delayed by 18 months. TD are arguing that there was a breach of the constitution  (not SDCC procedures, or even at a stretch planning law, but the feckin constitution) in the reverting back to the original decision. It was revealed in court on tuesday that the changing of the county managers plan to multi sport was always contingent on the DoS funding being in place. And I'm absurd?  ::)

anyone see the soccer pitch buried in the middle of CP? and people want you to believe a GAA pitch can fit on a soccer pitch and have no impact on the stand? And I'm absurd?  ::)

Is no-one worried that the chairman of a club can take a case in the clubs name on behalf of the DCB apparently without the backing of the trustees of the club and the official backing of the DCB/GAA? And I'm absurd?  ::)

Sure its easier to lash JO'D out of it than for one second think that a GAA clubs motives are less than sporting when it comes to a rival code.

And that the money to pay for this case and the full judicial review if they win will fall from the sky and could never have been used for someting positive like paying for 10 full time coaches or promoting the games. That would be truely absurd that would.

dubnut

dublinfella

QuoteEU competetion law very clearly doesnt apply to sports. Hence the Italians, French, Dutch etc play their professional sports in municipal facilities.

Municipal facilities that are available for other sports.
other sports THAT FIT IN THE STADIUM.

Shams have agreed to let the GAA in. So have the SDCC. And the DoS. They just arent knocking stands and pulling up foundations to accomodate a full pitch. the unreasonable bastards.

bottlethrower7

magpie seanie

Quoteother sports THAT FIT IN THE STADIUM

What's your point? Do you not think soccer pitches are lost in the grassy bit in the middle of atletics tracks? Methinks its you that has the problem with sports other than your own, well no - with one type of sport.

And another question - when Shamrock Rovers fail as a business again, as they no doubt will, what will we do with the useless 10,000 seater soccer only stadium in Tallaght?

bottlethrower7

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 22, 2007, 01:55:21 PM
Quoteother sports THAT FIT IN THE STADIUM

What's your point? Do you not think soccer pitches are lost in the grassy bit in the middle of atletics tracks? Methinks its you that has the problem with sports other than your own, well no - with one type of sport.

And another question - when Shamrock Rovers fail as a business again, as they no doubt will, what will we do with the useless 10,000 seater soccer only stadium in Tallaght?

tallaght town FC can play there. They can build houses up on the pitches in Old Bawn then. Everyones a winner!