Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madge

Quote from: milltown row on September 27, 2009, 11:36:25 AM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on September 27, 2009, 10:52:03 AM
Why was karl Stwert not listed in the St Galls squad? St Galls where fantastic last night and must be clear favourites for ulster. Nial McKeever looked an ordinary club player in a Portglenone team that where woeful.

he's just concentrating on hurling :P (injured)

i wouldn't say that we are favourites for Ulster. certainly like the other teams involved they'd all fancy getting to the final due to the teams that have been knocked out already.

St Galls will be clear favourites for Ulster once the odds come out no doubt about it.

Archie Mitchell

St Galls bound to be favourites, but they will have to get past alot of good teams to get to the final.

The semi final pairings are Derry/Fermanagh v Down/Donegal and Monaghan/Tyrone v Armagh/Cavan/Antrim.

Second is clearly the hardest, with possibility of St Galls having to play Cavan Gaels, then Armagh Harps/Pearse Og then Clontiberit/Latton/Ardboe/Carrickmore/Dromore/Killyclogher.

The other half is wide open and any team could progress through to the final.

milltown row

cheers, i'm not going to open it tonight, i'll save this for the the Cavan Gaels match in two weeks.

drici

Aye, ended up at the Antrim Final on Wednesday night.
Time counting down in the 1st Half and time counting up in the 2nd Half.
Maybe just an experiment though Saint Pauls normally do the time counting down for the Ulster tournament.

SambaSaffron

What did everyone make of the weekends fixtures? Glenavy, Rasharkin and St Pauls in deep trouble. Moneyglass look safe after good win at Portglenone, and they have Glenavy and Rasharkin at home to come.

drici

Noticed at the Mullahoran match that the time was counting down again in the 1st Half and then when it got to nought started counting up again for the length of Injury Time. It then counted up during the 2nd Half and continued on into Injury Time but most people seemed glad that the referee didn't play much with the score at 1-21 to 0-01.
The flashing - GOAL - sign that comes on instead of the latest match score for about 30 seconds is handy also so people at the match know when a goal has been scored.

culchie11

Quote from: drici on October 09, 2009, 12:22:00 AM
Noticed at the Mullahoran match that the time was counting down again in the 1st Half and then when it got to nought started counting up again for the length of Injury Time. It then counted up during the 2nd Half and continued on into Injury Time but most people seemed glad that the referee didn't play much with the score at 1-21 to 0-01.
The flashing - GOAL - sign that comes on instead of the latest match score for about 30 seconds is handy also so people at the match know when a goal has been scored.

yeah drici, its a bit of a roy of the rovers scoreboard dont you think!!
how did st pauls pull that result out against the johnnies in corrigan?
between rasharkin, glenavy and st pauls as to whos for the chop.
could again be a mad scramble to get matches played again for rasharkin with hurlers doing well in ulster.
down to the wire yet again i would say.
ahoghill have done well this year, probably going up 2 divisions in successive years.

congrats to all involved at con magees glenravel on their new facilities.

Any craic

drici

Donagh

Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #2931 on: October 09, 2008, 11:42:38 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So whats the verdict on the St Teresa's v McDermotts final tomorrow evening? Should I bring a flack jacket or have the old grudges been buried firmly in the past? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donagh should be along soon if he's still knocking about with the same crowd.

Atticus_Finch

Well lads, anyone at the St Galls game today ?

3 men sent off for Cavan, was it a dirty game ?

After watching the game today would you still consider St Galls favourites for the ulster club championship ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

milltown row

Conditions were terrible, slippery underfoot and mistakes by both teams, Cavan Gaels looked the part and sailed into a early lead. we were crap to be fair and Gaels upset whatever game plan we had. before half time it was 1-5 to 0-2.

second half we came out and blew them away. got a lucky penalty (i thought anyway) and CJ stood up and blasted it to the net. only one winner after that. Bringing on Darren O'Hare was the difference to be fair. he was a great target man and give us an option, as trying to break down the Gaels was hard

Gaels lost out today on by being negative, had they stuck to playing football then they would have hammered us. but sure Casement on the 30th against Pearse Og's

milltown row

Quote from: hardstation on October 18, 2009, 10:01:46 PM
Good to hear that Darren is back, although most Darrens are w**kers. Why did he ever stop? As you say, a great option to have.

::) ::)

Darren's back now two years, really playing well and the game was set up for him. man mountain

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on October 18, 2009, 10:01:46 PM
Good to hear that Darren is back, although most Darrens are w**kers. Why did he ever stop? As you say, a great option to have.

My sources tell me he was getting stick from 'er indoors.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Quote from: milltown row on October 18, 2009, 09:57:46 PM
Conditions were terrible, slippery underfoot and mistakes by both teams, Cavan Gaels looked the part and sailed into a early lead. we were crap to be fair and Gaels upset whatever game plan we had. before half time it was 1-5 to 0-2.

second half we came out and blew them away. got a lucky penalty (i thought anyway) and CJ stood up and blasted it to the net. only one winner after that. Bringing on Darren O'Hare was the difference to be fair. he was a great target man and give us an option, as trying to break down the Gaels was hard

More bollix. It was 1-3 to 0-2 at half time and Cavan came out flying in the second half, increasing the lead to 1-5 to 0-2.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

winsamsoon

Good lad station monday club for you saan
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.