Ulster Intermediate and Junior Football Championships 2011

Started by DownFanatic, September 22, 2011, 12:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 29, 2011, 02:42:50 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 28, 2011, 12:08:07 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 27, 2011, 06:47:08 PM
Didn't make it in for the Derrytresk game today, but there seemed to be a bit of a consensus in the stand that the best team lost.
Gregory Walsh in my opinion had a decent game. The sending off was correct for two yellows. That said Cremartin let in two soft golas and squandered enough chances including an opportunity at the death to secure a draw wher the player passed the ball when the easy opition was to kick the point. Cremartin beat themselves and should have no issue with the ref.

Whilst I wasn't at the match and I was happy that Derrytresk won the final I have to say Gregory Walsh is one of the worst refs I've ever came across. Voiced my concerns about him on here before this final! He cost us a go at the Ulster Intermediate Championship by sending off our player for nothing other than being the recipient of a head butt. The video clearly shows this - the ulster council are aware of this and they decide to let him ref a final???? Its unbelievable really!
I am not disputing other performances, just Sunday and he did ok.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 29, 2011, 03:50:04 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 29, 2011, 02:42:50 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 28, 2011, 12:08:07 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 27, 2011, 06:47:08 PM
Didn't make it in for the Derrytresk game today, but there seemed to be a bit of a consensus in the stand that the best team lost.
Gregory Walsh in my opinion had a decent game. The sending off was correct for two yellows. That said Cremartin let in two soft golas and squandered enough chances including an opportunity at the death to secure a draw wher the player passed the ball when the easy opition was to kick the point. Cremartin beat themselves and should have no issue with the ref.

Whilst I wasn't at the match and I was happy that Derrytresk won the final I have to say Gregory Walsh is one of the worst refs I've ever came across. Voiced my concerns about him on here before this final! He cost us a go at the Ulster Intermediate Championship by sending off our player for nothing other than being the recipient of a head butt. The video clearly shows this - the ulster council are aware of this and they decide to let him ref a final???? Its unbelievable really!
I am not disputing other performances, just Sunday and he did ok.

I'm just pointing out that due to previous performances he shouldn't have been let near an ulster final whether he was good or bad in the final

SuperHans

So its Dromid Pearses who play Derrytresk in the all ireland junior semi

they beat us , Cu Chulainns Newcastle yesterday. We got off to a great strat 3 points up to no score after 15 mins then they got a goal which undid our good start.

Having watched a dvd of them against Kanturk we thought we had a great chance but they turned out to be a better drilled and more composed side than we anticipated. in the second half they dominated with the wind and the game finished 1-8 to 5 points.

they have some handy forwards apart from declan o'sullivan, 

all the best to derrytresk, be great for them to  get to croker

AZOffaly

I heard ye put it up to them SuperHans. They were suitably impressed.