Ulster Intermediate and Junior Football Championships 2011

Started by DownFanatic, September 22, 2011, 12:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

monaghan harps definitely beat eskra (tyrone 2003 champions) in early 2004. it seems like there were 2 finals in 2004 -  1 unofficial (march) and 1 official (november). I would imagine that the unofficial final would have to be considered as the 2003 final.

Radda bout yeee

I see Gregory Walsh will ref the Intermediate final this weekend! HOW CAN THIS BE?

The man sent the wrong player off in our game with Carrickmacross and everyone in the crowd seen it (ulster council officials and all).
I hear he also counted a UUJ match score wrong there recently and they'll have to replay it because of it. Can someone please tell my they would appoint someone who is incompetent?

oakleaflad

Just curious as to how many clubs actually compete in the Armagh senior football championship considering Culloville, a division 1 side, are in the intermediate final?

yellowcard

Quote from: oakleaflad on November 25, 2011, 10:17:51 AM
Just curious as to how many clubs actually compete in the Armagh senior football championship considering Culloville, a division 1 side, are in the intermediate final?

Round about 15 clubs. You must have won the championship below you to re-grade upwards. Therefore Culloville have the opportunity to play senior championship next year. A club can apply to re-grade downwards at any stage. There have been instance's of Division 3 sides playing senior c'ship and division 1 sides playing Intermediate though I don't think this is happening at the minute. Cullovilee would be the only Division 1 side playing intermediate this year.

oakleaflad

Quote from: yellowcard on November 25, 2011, 11:04:25 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on November 25, 2011, 10:17:51 AM

Round about 15 clubs. You must have won the championship below you to re-grade upwards. Therefore Culloville have the opportunity to play senior championship next year. A club can apply to re-grade downwards at any stage. There have been instance's of Division 3 sides playing senior c'ship and division 1 sides playing Intermediate though I don't think this is happening at the minute. Cullovilee would be the only Division 1 side playing intermediate this year.
Thamks yellowcard, always wondered what way the championship in Armagh was set up.

Milltown Row2

Thoughts on the game tonight? Will the Derry team be too strong for the Armagh lads?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2011, 11:17:25 AM
Thoughts on the game tonight? Will the Derry team be too strong for the Armagh lads?

Football and experience wise they are rightly favourites but the weather is a very good leveller.  Also Culloville have been playing Division 1 football consistently over the last 3-4 years and therefore won't be seen to be wanting physically wise and fitness wise.  John Mac is obviously a good man to have behind them but he isn't the only one, his assistant is one of those men that would get lads to run through walls so they will be highly motivated.  With nothing to lose I can see them causing a bot of a shock.

DuffleKing

Ah bc, whilst I admire your tenacity in always finding an angle to build the opposition up, if cullaville don't with this one there's something seriously wrong

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 26, 2011, 06:00:00 PM
Ah bc, whilst I admire your tenacity in always finding an angle to build the opposition up, if cullaville don't with this one there's something seriously wrong

Craigbane are clear favourites with the bookies and rightly so.  Previous Ulster Intermediate champions, strongest in a very strong county championship.  Culloville have a lot to do but I think they can do it.

Shortso79

crossfire

Apparently  Culloville had two players sent off in the first half. :-\

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: crossfire on November 26, 2011, 09:32:26 PM

Colm Watters and one of the midfielders were sent off within first 20 minutes. Huge loses to do without.  Hard luck to the Blues, tough to win with 15 never mind 13.

clarshack

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 26, 2011, 09:36:49 PM
Quote from: crossfire on November 26, 2011, 09:32:26 PM

Colm Watters and one of the midfielders were sent off within first 20 minutes. Huge loses to do without.  Hard luck to the Blues, tough to win with 15 never mind 13.

not surprising from that referee.

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!