TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: laoislad on November 05, 2012, 09:11:15 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on October 19, 2012, 09:27:29 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 18, 2012, 04:41:47 PM
The first ep of season 3 is a gore fest anyways! Some about of Zombie head bursting in it!

Watched it last night! Deadly show. Total gore fest and a good storyline.

Just watched episode 4 of season 3.
The best episode yet of any of the seasons IMO.
Don't want to give anything away but I was absolutely speechless at the end,couldn't believe the ending of the episode.
Brilliant TV but also quite harrowing.

Gonna watch it tonight....feel like pulling a sickie now to get home early!

nrico2006

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 06, 2012, 11:54:39 AM
The first ep of season 3 is a gore fest anyways! Some about of Zombie head bursting in it!

Don't want to give anything away but I was absolutely speechless at the end,couldn't believe the ending of the episode.

Jeesus by the sounds of youse you would swear this episode is going to be unreal, am I being set up for a let down.  Usually wait to Friday night but would be tempted to watch it online tonight to see what the fuss is about.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 06, 2012, 12:31:34 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on November 06, 2012, 11:54:39 AM

Jeesus by the sounds of youse you would swear this episode is going to be unreal, am I being set up for a let down.  Usually wait to Friday night but would be tempted to watch it online tonight to see what the fuss is about.
Can't see how you will be let down. Unbelievable Jeff...

Bingo

I'm excited by the thoughts of it! Might even try to go online and watch it tonight rather than wait till Friday as usual.

It and Homelands this evening are great to watch.

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on November 06, 2012, 12:42:11 PM
I'm excited by the thoughts of it! Might even try to go online and watch it tonight rather than wait till Friday as usual.

Like ballinaman said I dunno how anyone could be disappointed with the episode especially the last ten minutes, you'd be a very hard man to please if you are let down.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

bennydorano

The best show on TV isn't actually shown on UK TV for some baffling reason.  It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, currently on Series 8 (FX) in the US, I watch it on www.tv-links.eu  My favourite show over the past few years.

ballinaman

Quote from: bennydorano on November 06, 2012, 01:17:42 PM
The best show on TV isn't actually shown on UK TV for some baffling reason.  It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, currently on Series 8 (FX) in the US, I watch it on www.tv-links.eu  My favourite show over the past few years.
Ridiculous but hilarious, defiantly not everyone type of humour. Making my way through season 5 when I've a spare 20mins to throw an episode on.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on November 06, 2012, 01:11:14 PM
Quote from: Bingo on November 06, 2012, 12:42:11 PM

Like ballinaman said I dunno how anyone could be disappointed with the episode especially the last ten minutes, you'd be a very hard man to please if you are let down.

Ask the Missus about me...  ;)

Syferus

Didn't expect the ending of episode four of The Walking Dead to have that much of an impact. It elicited an intensity of emotion that the series, and indeed most other shows, never had before.

Season 3 so far has been all hues of brilliant, and to be fair every since the mid-season break in season 2 the pace of the show has been near perfect. Definitely long passed the boat scene and Southern Comfort in the shower type of stuff that peppered the first season with unintended comedy. One of the very best shows on TV now and such a great combination of action, atmosphere and character.

tbrick18

Quote from: Syferus on November 06, 2012, 11:34:12 PM
Didn't expect the ending of episode four of The Walking Dead to have that much of an impact. It elicited an intensity of emotion that the series, and indeed most other shows, never had before.

Season 3 so far has been all hues of brilliant, and to be fair every since the mid-season break in season 2 the pace of the show has been near perfect. Definitely long passed the boat scene and Southern Comfort in the shower type of stuff that peppered the first season with unintended comedy. One of the very best shows on TV now and such a great combination of action, atmosphere and character.

+1
Did not see that coming. Probably the best episode to date. The series has be unreal and each episode leaves you wanting more and tells another chunk of the story. Andrew Lincoln has come a long way since Teachers and Love Actually. He can really act.

Celt_Man

Oh holy shite, just watched the lastest episode of Walking Dead - CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Without a doubt, the best episode yet and Season 3 has been absolutely excellent so far.

First half of season 2 dragged a bit but definitely no such complaints this time around... Unbelievable Jeff...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

bennydorano

I've noticed a few people going on about Walking Dead, can someone explain to me why they think it's good? Gave up on it as i thought it was pure dung, offers nothing that hasn't been done  to death already (& better) on film.

Watched US Inbetweeners, borderline watchable.

Celt_Man

Quote from: bennydorano on November 10, 2012, 02:43:56 PM
I've noticed a few people going on about Walking Dead, can someone explain to me why they think it's good? Gave up on it as i thought it was pure dung, offers nothing that hasn't been done  to death already (& better) on film.

Watched US Inbetweeners, borderline watchable.

I suppose the tension is there throughout the Walking Dead but it's a zombie Apocalypse story on a small personal level which holds the interest so well

Celt_Man

Just started watching the first episode of Hell on Wheels - have the whole first season on Sky + so I'll give it a good rattle the next few days

Armaghgeddon

Started watching a show called Fringe, I would liken it to the X Files but more emphasis on science rather than out of this world explanations.