Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 6216 times)

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
Re: Podcasts
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2020, 12:56:01 PM »
I follow very few as I don't get to listen to many but when I get a chance i'll listen to the below:

OTB Golf Podcast - Usually once a week
Blindboy Podcast - I only listen to the live podcasts wouldn't be greatly fussed on the others
Full Disclosure with James O'Brien - Some very good interviews with interesting people on it
Ireland Unfiltered with Dion Fanning - Again some good interviews
The Stand with Dunphy - I really enjoy the gangland stuff he did and he has some good interviews as well
Joe Rogan Podcast - I dip in and out if there's a gues I want to listen to. Derren Brown/Tyson Fury/Bill Burr/Jamie Foxx some good ones

I'm sure there are many other good ones but that's what I get the chance to listen to. I'd love to get into Bob Mortimer's podcast Athletico Mince I think he's hilarious and have heard some good skits from it.

Enjoy Dunphy too, although he often goes easy on some of the guests, regardless of their views. Brendan O'Neill is a regular contributor ("Ardent Brexiteer" is quoted almost as often as Tesco Finest!) and Ben Lowry was on recently. Wouldn't mind him or possibly another guest on at the same time to grill these pair on their views.

Brendan O'Neill is an absolutely vile piece of shit!!

I actually feel sorry for Lowry I think he is genuinely stupid and is struggling with the move towards unification!!

JohnDenver

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2020, 01:05:53 PM »
I follow very few as I don't get to listen to many but when I get a chance i'll listen to the below:

Blindboy Podcast - I only listen to the live podcasts wouldn't be greatly fussed on the others
Full Disclosure with James O'Brien - Some very good interviews with interesting people on it
The Stand with Dunphy - I really enjoy the gangland stuff he did and he has some good interviews as well
Joe Rogan Podcast - I dip in and out if there's a gues I want to listen to. Derren Brown/Tyson Fury/Bill Burr/Jamie Foxx some good ones

I'm sure there are many other good ones but that's what I get the chance to listen to. I'd love to get into Bob Mortimer's podcast Athletico Mince I think he's hilarious and have heard some good skits from it.

Enjoy Dunphy too, although he often goes easy on some of the guests, regardless of their views. Brendan O'Neill is a regular contributor ("Ardent Brexiteer" is quoted almost as often as Tesco Finest!) and Ben Lowry was on recently. Wouldn't mind him or possibly another guest on at the same time to grill these pair on their views.

I actually feel sorry for Lowry I think he is genuinely stupid and is struggling with the move towards unification!!

I think he was on the news there in the last few days saying about how everybody is overreacting, and we've never closed the pubs etc. You do wonder sometimes about people who are supposedly educated and smart.

On the podcast topic itself:

An Irishman Abroad - Jarlath Regan - good back catalogue with interviews from various backgrounds
Few of the local comedians
Shane Todd - Tea with me
Colin Geddis - General Banter
Aaron McCann - Dirt Civil
Shagged Married Annoyed - light listening about married couple who i'm sure a lot can relate to!
Open Goal - Si Ferry, Kevin Kyle and Paul Slane - scottish football related, with some episodes being interviews with former players

cicfada

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2020, 01:35:53 AM »
The Nobody Zone is an excellent podcast, about the Irish serial killer in London.

Billys Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2020, 09:12:25 AM »
The Nobody Zone is an excellent podcast, about the Irish serial killer in London.

+1, really enjoying that too. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2020, 09:27:37 AM »

+1, really enjoying that too.
Have been listening to it while out running.
A good Laois man he was too 🙈
Joe Mcdonagh Champions 2019

Newbridge Exile

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2020, 09:49:08 AM »

You can add Owen Polley onto that list with Lowry ,

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2020, 11:34:11 AM »
On RTE's website  there's a very decent library of their radio documentaries, available as podcasts for download
https://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_documentaryonone.xml

With RTE's website, rule of thumb is turn off adblockers

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2020, 01:08:50 PM »
Colin Murray’s new one is very good and his At Home series is worth a listen as well.