Charity match in aid of CF: Mayo Legends v Rest of Ireland All Stars

Started by Farrandeelin, August 19, 2013, 07:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Just putting this one up. Match takes place in St. Joseph's Park Knockmore on 31st of August at 7pm. I'm not entirely sure of the whole line up, but on the Mayo side Martin Carney, Liam McHale, Ciaran McDonald, TJ Kilgallon, Kevin McStay, Willie Joe Padden as well as our own Ray Dempsey, Kevin Staunton and Kevin O'Neill will feature. Meanwhile Joe Brolly, Padraic Joyce, Bernard Flynn, Eeamon O'Hara, Tony McManus and Martin McHugh will feature for Rest of Ireland. Any donation welcome with all proceeds going to Cystic Fibrosis.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

omagh_gael

Sounds like a good day. Will be a carnival like atmosphere in the lead up to the AI final.

the Deel Rover

Will Go just to see Joe get rugby tackled .Should be good craic all the same .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

seafoid

So many great Mayo players who never won a celtic cross. I hope this team can do it.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: seafoid on August 19, 2013, 08:11:48 AM
So many great Mayo players who never won a celtic cross. I hope this team can do it.

it's only a charity match Seafoid no cetic cross medals to be won  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

rrhf

Is this a cynical ploy to get Ciaran Mc Donald back into the reckoning.  Can Mc Hale stay on the field for the full 70.  Who will bandage Wilie Joe? It is great to see the old names back out. 

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 19, 2013, 07:18:38 AM
Just putting this one up. Match takes place in St. Joseph's Park Knockmore on 31st of August at 7pm. I'm not entirely sure of the whole line up, but on the Mayo side Martin Carney, Liam McHale, Ciaran McDonald, TJ Kilgallon, Kevin McStay, Willie Joe Padden as well as our own Ray Dempsey, Kevin Staunton and Kevin O'Neill will feature. Meanwhile Joe Brolly, Padraic Joyce, Bernard Flynn, Eeamon O'Hara, Tony McManus and Martin McHugh will feature for Rest of Ireland. Any donation welcome with all proceeds going to Cystic Fibrosis.

Farr is there a webpage. Want to put it up on FB. This is one charity i have allot of time for. Friend from Donegal recently had a lung transplant and other friends family from Westport are sufferers.

Farrandeelin

No webpage I'm afraid. Its the Knockmore supporters group along with Kevin O'Neill that are organising it. ONeill's cousin suffers from it too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

From the Bunker

Just to get this to the top of the pile again.

Great Cause and should draw a crowd with the feel good GAA factor in the county.

From the Bunker

Good honest evenings entertainment! Well done to all involved. CiarĂ¡n Mac still can make the passes. And judging from the mauling for photos and autographs Brolly is a popular man this side of the world? But the Man who stole the show.......Local man Padraig Brogan.....Legend!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 31, 2013, 09:39:34 PM
What was the score?

Any match report?

3-10 to 3-12 and don't ask me who won?
Hard to put a match report together for it as players were coming on and going off and coming back on again. Some lads still in great shape, Geezer, Maurice Sheridan, John Casey, Ciaran Mac, John Finn, Colm Mac, Kevin O'Neill, Brolly (yes Brolly), Liam McHale, Anthony Egan, to name a few.
Padraig Brogan stole the show. Played the first 15 minutes and the last ten. The home crowd really love him! And you can see has legend status by lough Conn.

Good banter, photos and autographs after the game. Great craic, great reminiscing, great entertainment and a great Charity to support. 

saffronandblue

Fantastic to see 'The Bomber ' Brogan in action once more.  The best player that I have ever seen, bar none.  What might have been for club and county...............  Fair play to him for turning out tonight and great to see such a large number of former greats turn up for the event.  Well done to all involved and to Brolly, Flynn, McGeeney, McHugh etc. for giving up of their time to come down and support the event.

Some of these guys are still in mighty good shape.  Eugene McHale who must be 55+ was flying.

To all my Crossmolina mates.......it must have been worth the journey alone to see McDonald tog out in a Knockmore jersey ;D

Chimley

Heard there was a great crowd there tonight and some very enjoyable football too.