Premiership All Time Transfer Stats

Started by Dinny Breen, January 15, 2008, 11:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Minder on January 15, 2008, 12:23:11 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on January 15, 2008, 12:14:04 PM
Cantona at £1.2M must be the best piece of business here.  Was the catalyst for much of Uniteds success in the early to mid nineties and to be honest they haven't looked back since.  He never really cut it in Europe for Utd but he was a steal from Leeds at the time and hard to believe they actually sold him for that price considering the influence he had on their '92 league winning side.    

His influence wouldnt have been helping due to the fact he was "allegedley" banging Lee Chapmans missus

Hes French , Hes Flash , Hes Shagging Lesly Ash, Cantona, Cantona!!
Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 15, 2008, 12:31:25 PM
Was Irwin pre-premiership?

Irwin was 1990, but football didnt start in 1992 ... ;) :P

Its Grim up North

Dinny Breen

QuoteDinny why did you decide to look like a child by typing "manure"? Why not Murderes, Arseholes, chavski?
Grow up lad

An Fear Rua why do bother posting on this thread when all you see is red through those spectacles...

You don't spend £14m on potential, Nani is a flop and as for Hargreave what have his past achievements got do with anything, he has been a no value for money signing this year, as for Carrick don't make me laugh, no value at all. Ferdinand that 8 month suspension, real value for money, £30m compared to £7m for Vidic open your other eye would you...

And the fact that you think Wright-Philips who I might add is in his third season at Chelsea or do you discount those two years, is good value at £21m beggars belief, do you understand the meaning of value for money....
???

When Spurs bought Carrick for £2.75m that was a good buy £14m for the same player 1 year later is madness no matter how you dress it up...
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

QuoteHes French , Hes Flash , Hes Shagging Lesly Ash, Cantona, Cantona!!

And you tell me to grow up, hypocrite  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 15, 2008, 12:44:36 PM
QuoteDinny why did you decide to look like a child by typing "manure"? Why not Murderes, Arseholes, chavski?
Grow up lad

An Fear Rua why do bother posting on this thread when all you see is red through those spectacles...

You don't spend £14m on potential, Nani is a flop and as for Hargreave what have his past achievements got do with anything, he has been a no value for money signing this year, as for Carrick don't make me laugh, no value at all. Ferdinand that 8 month suspension, real value for money, £30m compared to £7m for Vidic open your other eye would you...

And the fact that you think Wright-Philips who I might add is in his third season at Chelsea or do you discount those two years, is good value at £21m beggars belief, do you understand the meaning of value for money....
???

When Spurs bought Carrick for £2.75m that was a good buy £14m for the same player 1 year later is madness no matter how you dress it up...

Have it your own way, you wont mind me referring to liverpool as murderes in the future then.
Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 15, 2008, 12:45:28 PM
QuoteHes French , Hes Flash , Hes Shagging Lesly Ash, Cantona, Cantona!!

And you tell me to grow up, hypocrite  ;D

yes, grow up
Its Grim up North

AZOffaly

I'm a Liverpool fan. I think it ended in 1992 :D

But this list is 'Premiership'

An Fear Rua

Grow up lad

???

Ronaldo was obv a flop then as well?
Value for money not only measures the cost of goods and services, but also takes account of the mix of quality, cost, resource use, fitness for purpose, timeliness and convenience to judge whether or not, when taken together, they constitute good value.

Its not just about what it costs, its about what its worth....
Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 15, 2008, 12:50:47 PM
I'm a Liverpool fan. I think it ended in 1992 :D

;D ;D ;D

theres too many think thats when it began.

Heres a link to a survey done by the english Times on the best transfers (prem and BC)
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article2058123.ece
Its Grim up North

Norf Tyrone

Couple of points:

* Good shout re Tore Andre Flo- Loved the fella and scored some crucial goals.
* Carlo Cudicni was another good piece of business, at £100k or something.
* If I remember rightly Zola was in the £7m bracket, but you can't put a price on what he brought.
* AFAIK Chelsea have yet to pay a penny for Obi Mikel. An agent in Norway has been charged with fraud, and forging his signature and legally Chelsea have been told to pay nithing pending an outcome. That's the rumour.
* Mutu was quality then sniffed it away. Again Chelsea afaik are in a legal case where they are suing Mutu for the money back. I believe Chelsea never got the credit they deserved for sacking Mutu, from media, supporters etc.
* Alex on a free...surely another good piece of business?
* Hasselbaink at £15 was not terrible value considering what he scored.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 15, 2008, 11:39:24 AM
These figures are net i.e. the totally money spent on buying players minus money received for selling players

Chelsea £342m
Liverpool £179m
Manure £160
Newcastle £142
Spurs £117m
Arsenal £57m

Bargains

Adebayor Arsenal £3m
Eboube Arsenal £1m
Flaminin Arsenal £1m
RVP Arsenal £2.75m
Clichy Arsenal £0.25m
Toure Arsenal £0.15m  :o
Pettit Arsenal £2.5m
Anelka Arsenal £0.5m
Vieria Arsenal £3.5m
Tore-Andre Flo Chelsea £0.3m
Guillit Chelsea Free
Zola Chelsea £4.5m
Jari Litmanen Liverpool Free
Arbeloa Liverpool £2.6m
Cantona MU £1.2m
OGS MU £1.5m
Mikel Obi MU £4m
Solano NC £2.5m
Given NC £1.5m
Ginola NC £2.5m
Albert NC £2.6m
Lennon Spuds £1m
Carrick Spuds £2.75m
Ginola Spuds £2m

Terrible Value for Money

Reyes  Arsenal £13m
Wright Arsenal £6m
Jeffers Arsenal £8m
Platt Arsenal £4.75m
Shevchenko Chelsea £30m
Mikel Obi Chelsea £16m
Wright-Philips Chelsea £21m
Ferreria Chelsea £13m
Parker Chelsea £10m
Veron Chelsea £15m
Mutu Chelsea £15m
Crespo Chelsea £17m
Hasselbaink Chelsea £15m
Sutton Chelsea £10m
Lucas Liverpool £8m
Kuyt Liverpool £9m
Bellamy Liverpool £8m
Gonzalez Liverpool £4.5m
Morientes Liverpool £6.3m
Cisse Liverpool £14m
Diouf Liverpool £11m
Kirkland Liverpool £6m
Collymore Liverpool £8.5m
Nani MU £13.5m
Hargreaves MU £17m
Carrick MU £14m
Smith MU £7m
Saha MU £13m
Ferdinand MU £30m
Veron MU £28m
Taibi MU £4.5m
Smith NC £6m
Luque NC £9.5m
Parker NC £8.5m
Boumsong NC £8m
Woodgate NC £9m
Viana NC £8m
Bellamy NC £6m
Cort NC £7m
Bent Spuds £16.5m
Postiga Spuds £6.25m
Richards Spuds £8m
Rebrov Spuds £8m

Wenger is has bought some mules but his bargain hunting is second to none......

Lucas Liverpool £8m
Kuyt Liverpool £9m
Bellamy Liverpool £8m
Gonzalez Liverpool £4.5m
Morientes Liverpool £6.3m
Cisse Liverpool £14m
Diouf Liverpool £11m
Collymore Liverpool £8.5m

As for the Liverpool ones Lucas shouldn't be on that list. He's only a youngster who was bought for the future. Plus he's only played a couple of games so far and done quite well.

Bellamy if I remember correctly was bought for 6.5 not 8 and he was sold for 7.5. So they made a profit on him.

Morientes didn't settle but everyone thought it was a great buy at the time. He just couldn't adapt.

Collymore in his two seasons at Liverpool actually had a very decent 1 goal in every 2 games scoring record. He was a head the ball though.

The two really big wastes of money on that list are Cisse and Diouf.

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 15, 2008, 11:49:34 AM
A certain Roy Keane at a mere £3.5m must surely go down as a great bit of business by United?

Definitely, but at the time it was an enormous fee.

full back

Morientes & Kuyt were/are 2 terrible buys

As for Veron - £43 million in total :-[

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: An Fear Rua on January 15, 2008, 12:47:56 PM
Grow up lad

???

Have it your own way, you wont mind me referring to liverpool as murderes in the future then.

OK, before this goes too far down the whole Heysel/Munich/Hillsborough road again, let's nip it in the bud. Manure is a childish term for United, no doubt, but it is not nasty like Scum to describe Manchester United, or anything related to Munich. Likewise references to Heysel and Hillsborough are generally used to anger, not slag, Liverpool fans. We had a bad bout of this before, hence the 1st post on this forum. So please, refrain from mentioning Munich, Heysel, Hillsborough or any other really tragic events or names designed to just p*ss people off like Scum. Of course banter and slagging is all part of it, and I have no real problems with phrases like ManUre, BinDippers, Chavski etc. If people feel strongly enough about these terms we can make them off limits, but there's always a level of slagging.

The soccer threads have been very well behaved recently, let's keep it like that.