Short Strand under attack

Started by Forever Green, June 20, 2011, 10:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: thewobbler on June 20, 2011, 11:15:37 PM
Show me where I can get these history books Glens Abu and I gladly will.

It's not difficult for anyone of influence to rabble rouse when they've got a cause that appeals to the people. Call me out of touch, but I don't believe it would be that easy to assemble a riot group of 60 without something fresh in the mind to call upon.

These same breed threw pipe bomb/urine/fireworks/sectarian abuse at primary schoolgirls not many years ago. Never doubt how low these tramps can go. They need no provocation....Its just coming into their time of year and that's all there is to it.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 20, 2011, 11:20:35 PM

It's not difficult for anyone of influence to rabble rouse when they've got a cause that appeals to the people. Call me out of touch, but I don't believe it would be that easy to assemble a riot group of 60 without something fresh in the mind to call upon.

These same breed threw pipe bomb/urine/fireworks/sectarian abuse at primary schoolgirls not many years ago. Never doubt how low these tramps can go. They need no provocation....Its just coming into their time of year and that's all there is to it.
About covers it. Animals.

red hander

Quote from: Cold tea on June 20, 2011, 11:17:37 PM
Their mates, opps the PSNI, will soon put a stop to it all.

No they won't.  From what I hear they just sat in their jeeps while the Short Strand was attacked ... probably wanted to finish their chips before they got cold

Oraisteach

Anyone know what action the PSNI has taken?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Oraisteach on June 20, 2011, 11:24:08 PM
Ordered pizza from Domino's.

Forever Green

Currently trying to find a way to blame it all on the short residents

red hander

They're reading throught their health and safety handouts (well, the one in the land rover that can read is slowly moving a gloved finger along the lines and repeating the contents to his/her colleagues) to see if they should bother doing the job they're handsomly paid for

ziggysego

Following it on Twitter at @Short_Strand

Apparently gunfire going off near St. Matthew's Chapel.
Testing Accessibility

Forever Green

Quote from: ziggysego on June 21, 2011, 12:17:22 AM
Following it on Twitter at @Short_Strand

Apparently gunfire going off near St. Matthew's Chapel.

Jesus Christ. Hope all innocent people are safe. Sounds a bit familiar about gunfire at St Matthews

Myles Na G.

Quote from: red hander on June 20, 2011, 11:23:24 PM

No they won't. From what I hear they just sat in their jeeps while the Short Strand was attacked ... probably wanted to finish their chips before they got cold
You wouldn't hear much, though, since your head is stuck permanently up your arse.

I don't know what's been going on over in the strand / newtownards road recently. Neither does anyone else on this thread, I suspect, yet it doesn't stop people posting bigoted, blinkered bullshit.  Depressing thread.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on June 21, 2011, 07:22:12 AM
Quote from: red hander on June 20, 2011, 11:23:24 PM

No they won't. From what I hear they just sat in their jeeps while the Short Strand was attacked ... probably wanted to finish their chips before they got cold
You wouldn't hear much, though, since your head is stuck permanently up your arse.

I don't know what's been going on over in the strand / newtownards road recently. Neither does anyone else on this thread, I suspect, yet it doesn't stop people posting bigoted, blinkered bullshit.  Depressing thread.

What is clear is that this violence began when up to one hundred loyalists converged on Short Strand from different sides, led by masked men in camoflage. Are you honestly going to deny/cast doubt that this was a large scale, pre-meditated attack by the UVF on the Short Strand?

EDIT: I notice the video report on the bbc website says that those "rioting" (not "attacking nationalist homes" apparently), were "youths". Not one person on the video looks like a "youth". They looked to me like grown men. Paramilitaries.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Milltown Row2

Seems there was gun fire and it was the PSNI shooting baton rounds at the Loyalist.

According to Alex Maskey the PSNI senior officers told him they injured a few of the rioters. Must have been Catholic PSNI men  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Go to any library,thats usually were you can get history books.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Loyalists trying to blame Nationalists on Nolan show this morning, all phoning in accusing the Fat boy of bias!!  :D
Maskey said no, it was UVF flexing muscles - former BBC security advisor Brian Rowan on just now saying that he has spoken to LOYALIST sources who have confirmed the attack was orchestrated by loyalists and he has gone on to confirm pretty much all that Maskey had said.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Talkback.
Police spokesman now saying that loyalist/UVF gunmen fired 2 shots at police offficers (hitting landrovers) police treating it as attempted murder.
How f**king "loyal" they are!
Tbc....