Short Strand under attack

Started by Forever Green, June 20, 2011, 10:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I take it a few of the posters will be hanging around the Short Strand tonight??

Would give the rest of the posters an unbiased account of the nights activities.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tonto

Quote from: Orior on June 20, 2011, 11:04:18 PM
Mass on a Sunday is provocotive show of strength by the enemy to an Orangeman.
Firstly let me just say that I agree that these people are the toal and utter scum of the earth.

But you seem intent on total ignorance by referring to Orangemen... WTF has this got to do with the Orange?  p***k.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tonto on June 21, 2011, 06:01:18 PM
Firstly let me just say that I agree that these people are the toal and utter scum of the earth.

But you seem intent on total ignorance by referring to Orangemen... WTF has this got to do with the Orange?  p***k.

Probably because loyalist attacks traditionally escalate as the marching season kicks off. Hardly coincidence.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

red hander

And the Orange Order has never manipulated loyalist thugs to whip up sectarian strife during the marching season?  Where have you been living, Mars?

Tonto

Quote from: red hander on June 21, 2011, 06:19:49 PM

And the Orange Order has never manipulated loyalist thugs to whip up sectarian strife during the marching season?  Where have you been living, Mars?
I'll ask again, what has an 'orchestrated' attack by the UVF got to do with the Orange Order?

Maybe I'll go onto the Kingsmills thread and start blaming the GAA.

Orior please retract your post; otherwise you are showing total and utter ignorance.

Nally Stand

And the GAA are like the Orange Order?

Tonto how can you deny that these attacks traditionally escalate as the orange marching season approaches. Do you genuinely believe that it is coincidence?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Tonto on June 21, 2011, 06:31:25 PM

I'll ask again, what has an 'orchestrated' attack by the UVF got to do with the Orange Order?

Orior please retract your post; otherwise you are showing total and utter ignorance.

The difference is that the GAA is a sporting organisation, the Orange Order is a hate filled sectarian mob. I would say everyone of my Northern Irish Protestant or Unionist friends would agree.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Trout

Quote from: Minder on June 21, 2011, 05:13:04 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on June 21, 2011, 04:13:35 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 21, 2011, 01:49:02 PM

I wonder what do the Unionist politicians and Presbyterian clergyman who blamed Nationalists  have to say for themselves now as to who started "it" : -
Loyalist paramilitaries supposed to be on ceasefire organised major rioting in Belfast and opened fire on police, a senior officer has revealed.

Around 500 people were involved in violence at a sectarian interface in the east of the city last night.

Police said shots were fired from the republican Short Strand area, while loyalists also opened fire, but masked Ulster Volunteer Force members were blamed for starting the violence by attacking homes in the Catholic enclave.

Two men on the loyalist side of the divide suffered gunshot wounds to the leg, officers confirmed.

But bullet marks on police vehicles were blamed on the UVF and are being treated as the
attempted murder of officers.

Chief Superintendent Alan McCrum said: "We believe at this point that members of the east Belfast UVF were involved

Mr McCrum said: "It started when a group of young men after nine o'clock last night made their way into the area of the Short Strand and did unquestionably attack homes in that community

Read more: http://irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/up-to-500-involved-in-worst-rioting-in-belfast-for-years-509822.html#ixzz1PukmOfG7

Looks like the Short Strand has the better Marksmen. Bodes well for the Olympics!!!

PIRA, allegedly.

I wood say it will be pinned on the dissidents, as we all know the IRA dont exist anymore.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Tonto

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 21, 2011, 06:34:51 PM

Tonto how can you deny that these attacks traditionally escalate as the orange marching season approaches. Do you genuinely believe that it is coincidence?
No of course not, the GAA claim to be only a "sporting" organisation.

The Orange should not have been brought into this thread any more than the Rainbow Project should have been. It's got feck all to do with them except for one or two bigots on this thread to score a couple of cheap points.  Wise up.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tonto on June 21, 2011, 07:47:46 PM

The Orange should not have been brought into this thread any more than the Rainbow Project should have been. It's got feck all to do with them except for one or two bigots on this thread to score a couple of cheap points.  Wise up.

So you are saying that it IS a coincidence that these loyalist attacks traditionally escalate during Marching Season?

Forever Green

Quote from: Tonto on June 21, 2011, 07:47:46 PM

Where was anyone being bigoted? All they are saying is that this intimidation of Catholics is happening when the marching season is starting which is hardly a coincidence

glens abu

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 21, 2011, 02:56:59 PM
Quote from: glens abu on June 21, 2011, 02:12:39 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 21, 2011, 12:28:43 PM
Talkback.
Police spokesman now saying that loyalist/UVF gunmen fired 2 shots at police offficers (hitting landrovers) police treating it as attempted murder.
How f**king "loyal" they are!

The grants for them keeping things quiet at the interfaces must be coming to an end.More funding needed.

East Belfast UVF leader flexing his muscles, reminds me somewhat of the attack on Bombay st, though this time the locals aren't for leaving!

Yip losing money and just had their bar closed by assets recovery.Total scum

Orior

Quote from: Tonto on June 21, 2011, 06:31:25 PM

No way, Jose.

1) It was not meant to be taken literally
2) Why exactly did the Orangemen protest outside Harryville church in Ballymena?
3) In what way are loyalists different from Orangemen?
4) Is it not true that Orangemen believe that the pope is the anti-christ, and they protested about his visit to Britain.
5) Go back to 1.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rouge_Diablo

Orior

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 21, 2011, 05:17:22 PM
I take it a few of the posters will be hanging around the Short Strand tonight??

Would give the rest of the posters an unbiased account of the nights activities.

It was quiet enough when I drove home through it this evening.

Why is there never a webcam when you need one!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians