Dublin v Laois - AIQF

Started by Dinny Breen, July 29, 2012, 07:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Poor performance from the Dubs but even though it was close, they were still comfortable enough as Laois never got within two in the home straight. Laois were never going to put up a huge score and so set up defensively. They have a good unit/system back there and Cahir Healy is one of the best man markers around. I think Heffo was right in wanting to draw Kerry in the quarters. Now if they make the final they'll only have beat a Mayo side without their talisman outside of Leinster. Whereas last year they had the confidence from tearing Tyrone apart and defusing Donegal. They won't have that work experience to fall back on this year and will be mentally short.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Hound

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 07, 2012, 02:37:08 PM
Poor performance from the Dubs but even though it was close, they were still comfortable enough as Laois never got within two in the home straight. Laois were never going to put up a huge score and so set up defensively. They have a good unit/system back there and Cahir Healy is one of the best man markers around. I think Heffo was right in wanting to draw Kerry in the quarters. Now if they make the final they'll only have beat a Mayo side without their talisman outside of Leinster. Whereas last year they had the confidence from tearing Tyrone apart and defusing Donegal. They won't have that work experience to fall back on this year and will be mentally short.
If this was last year, you'd be 100% right. But because of last year, I think we probably do have the work experience to fall back on. 

We've been hugely vulnerable up to now, in common with all recent champions. But now, we're suddenly only two good performances away from retaining the title. The hunger will be back, so I don't think we'll be short on the "mental" side, in fact I'd put that as our one strength over the 3 remaining teams. Whether we're good enough though is a major questionmark!

Croí na hÉireann

But that was a year ago Hound. And even still there was a lot of talk about Kerry throwing it away as opposed to Dublin winning it. Some of that seeps in, in much the same way that "you'll have it handy against Laois" will have seeped in and have partly been a reason for a poor performance. Dublin didn't even make the league semi finals this year. I don't think what you done a year ago is worth much in regards to winning an AI final. I'll reserve judgement to see how the Mayo game unfolds but from here I can't see Laois and Mayo holding a candle to Tyrone and Donegal.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: ballinaman on August 06, 2012, 10:45:57 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 06, 2012, 10:04:54 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 04, 2012, 10:13:07 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 04, 2012, 08:54:42 PM
One minute of injury time was a joke alright and it's fair to say if Laois had been winning there would have been 3 or 4 mins added on but that's what you are up against when playing Dublin.

I hope Cormac Reilly can look at himself in the mirror tomorrow.
That was absolutely disgraceful time added on.
This guy has form on assisting Dublin - wasn't it him who gave the non free to Dublin to get them over Kildare last year?
mind you with the defensive way Laois play he could have added the proper 3 or 4 minutes and they still wouldn't have scored enough to get a replay.

For fcuk sake will the GAA please  BAN THE FCUKIN HANDPASS

Timekeeping is a serious issue alright, there was only a minute played in 2006 when Mayo beat us by a point and there was nothing else allowed when the Mayo player ran off with the ball when it was a Dublin free at the end and he then blew up.
Threw on the tape there...whistle blown at 73.51 in AI Semi in 2006....

Thank god for that as if the game went on any longer Brady would have been arrested for assault  ;)

As for the dubs vs laois, 1 minute was an absolute disgrace..........................however the laois keeper and free takers on the day went thru an awful amount of clock time

ballinaman

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 07, 2012, 04:25:28 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 06, 2012, 10:45:57 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 06, 2012, 10:04:54 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 04, 2012, 10:13:07 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 04, 2012, 08:54:42 PM
One minute of injury time was a joke alright and it's fair to say if Laois had been winning there would have been 3 or 4 mins added on but that's what you are up against when playing Dublin.

I hope Cormac Reilly can look at himself in the mirror tomorrow.
That was absolutely disgraceful time added on.
This guy has form on assisting Dublin - wasn't it him who gave the non free to Dublin to get them over Kildare last year?
mind you with the defensive way Laois play he could have added the proper 3 or 4 minutes and they still wouldn't have scored enough to get a replay.

For fcuk sake will the GAA please  BAN THE FCUKIN HANDPASS

Timekeeping is a serious issue alright, there was only a minute played in 2006 when Mayo beat us by a point and there was nothing else allowed when the Mayo player ran off with the ball when it was a Dublin free at the end and he then blew up.
Threw on the tape there...whistle blown at 73.51 in AI Semi in 2006....

Thank god for that as if the game went on any longer Brady would have been arrested for assault ;)

As for the dubs vs laois, 1 minute was an absolute disgrace..........................however the laois keeper and free takers on the day went thru an awful amount of clock time
Think you are confusing Brady with Whelan there... ;)