Dublin v Laois - AIQF

Started by Dinny Breen, July 29, 2012, 07:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

The sooner time keeping is taken out of the referees hands the better! That was awful stuff.

Also the game clearly destroys the myth that Dublin are saviors of the game. They are every but as negative and cynical as Donegal ever were!!!!

Celt_Man

Mother of jaysus in essence the ref only played 40 seconds of injury time and blew it up as Laois were on the attack....

Also not sure how Flynn got MOTM - thought Healy or O'Leary would have been worthy candidates.

Martin Carney is a thorough dose
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

RealSpiritof98

Was watching as neutral as I you could get but that 1 minute was disgusting, O';gara lay down from 67-69 and he adds 1 minute for the whole half. Then between Cluxton and the subs he played about 40 secs as soon as Laois get it he blows, rant over but that really annoyed my good self.

Jinxy

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 04, 2012, 08:40:01 PM
Mother of jaysus in essence the ref only played 40 seconds of injury time and blew it up as Laois were on the attack....

Also not sure how Flynn got MOTM - thought Healy or O'Leary would have been worthy candidates.

It must be said.....
If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

Dublin have been playing poor this year. But they are sticking at it and grinding out results. They go into the Mayo game with less media huha!

He played 1 minute and 40 seconds of 1 minute injury time.

screenexile

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 04, 2012, 08:41:25 PM
Dublin have been playing poor this year. But they are sticking at it and grinding out results. They go into the Mayo game with less media huha!

There was no football played from 70.00 until 71.00 minutes and then 40 seconds allowed. Awful stuff

From the Bunker

Look this time keeping stuff goes on in every game up and down the country. You just cannot single out todays game. It's part of how game close out in the GAA. It's Random when the referee decides how long to give really. It will be that way until the time keeping gets taken out of his hands, and then it will trasfer to the timekeeper and we'll be bitching about the same thing.

RealSpiritof98

so lets say nothing because it happens everywhere, wtf wrong + wrong = ........................

laoislad

One minute of injury time was a joke alright and it's fair to say if Laois had been winning there would have been 3 or 4 mins added on but that's what you are up against when playing Dublin.
Anyway though we had 70 mins to score a goal and didn't so I doubt we would have got one if there were a few more minutes of injury time but I guess we will never know now!

Fairly happy coming out of that as I thought we gave a good showing of ourselves as I was fearing a hammering.
Maybe we could have won it and it is sickening to concede such a jammy goal but that's life and as I said before the game we had already overachieved getting this far.
Pretty optimistic about the future of Laois football as well.

Anyway all that's left to be said now is best of luck to Mayo in the semi final.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 29, 2012, 07:15:36 AM
Don't think this will as straight forward as many will predict with many Dubs already talking about an AIF appearance although can't see this Dublin team been that complacent.

Anyhow Laois will have a very competitive midfield and have a very good defensive structure and are a lot more physical than the Micko Laois but outside Munnellly and similar to Kildare they lack that je ne sais quoi quality in the final third. Will expect Laois to fustrate Dublin and I think Dublin will get a good examination but realistically if Dublin perform they'll win. I think the spread on Laois is 7 points which would be a great bet.

Self praise is no praise but happy with that bet  8)
#newbridgeornowhere

Celt_Man

Quote from: screenexile on August 04, 2012, 08:44:45 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 04, 2012, 08:41:25 PM

There was no football played from 70.00 until 71.00 minutes and then 40 seconds allowed. Awful stuff

Aye my point exactly
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

rodney trotter

Dublin are a shadow of the team from last year. Great chance for Mayo now in the semi's even withut Andy Moran.

From the Bunker

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 04, 2012, 09:09:03 PM
Dublin are a shadow of the team from last year. Great chance for Mayo now in the semi's even withut Andy Moran.

Don't think so.  :P  Going by you past logic Rodney Trotter, Sure Mayo should have lost to Sligo  :P and sure they were hammered by Kildare who lost to Meath who lost to Laois were beaten by Longford who lost to Wexford who lost to tipperary who lost to Down who were beaten by Mayo. It has to be Dublin.

rodney trotter

Yeah Mayo did stuggle past Sligo... But they didn't win the All Ireland last year?!

rodney trotter

What i'm saying is, its a great chance for Mayo. And I wish them luck.