TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Newbridge Exile

bennydorano

Watching the Boxset of Series 4 of Girls. Solid as usual. When watching this show I often wonder are any of these real issues for people of a certain age or is it just always about the narcissism of these princesses with their heads up their asses?

Boycey

I got to the end of The Affair season 2 the other night, like I said it dragged in places but had enough to hold my interest all the same. The season finale was top notch with a superb twist that I certainly didn't see coming...

Canalman

Just finished Better call Saul. Absolutely excellent. 

Sick to death of avoiding  "Celebrity"Family Fortunes  (including domestic version)  etc this Christmas.  Remote control overheating.

themac_23

Quote from: Canalman on December 30, 2015, 08:43:07 PM
Just finished Better call Saul. Absolutely excellent. 

Sick to death of avoiding  "Celebrity"Family Fortunes  (including domestic version)  etc this Christmas.  Remote control overheating.

I loved better call Saul, done enough to steer away from Breaking Bad and create its own story, some really good characters and hope there is a season 2.

square_ball

Just started watching homeland always been aware of it but for some reason never watched it. Got through the first season and a half its excellent. Hearing it tails off in the 3rd series or is that rubbish?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: square_ball on December 31, 2015, 01:16:17 PM
Just started watching homeland always been aware of it but for some reason never watched it. Got through the first season and a half its excellent. Hearing it tails off in the 3rd series or is that rubbish?
There is a dip but stick with it. The last couple of series have been excellent imo. Well worth hanging in there.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 31, 2015, 03:48:37 PM
There is a dip but stick with it. The last couple of series have been excellent imo. Well worth hanging in there.

First season was excellent. Up and down after that. But worth a watch.

square_ball

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 31, 2015, 04:51:54 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 31, 2015, 03:48:37 PM

First season was excellent. Up and down after that. But worth a watch.

Jeez thin Dana one must be one of the most annoying characters on tv! Almost season 2 finished enjoying it still.

Canalman

Nearly finished  the  Hatfield and McCoys. Very good so far. Only taped it a while back on a whim. Glad  I did.

laoislad

Quote from: leenie on December 28, 2015, 08:38:40 PM
Documentary .. Making a murderer on Netflix .. It's 10 episodes but v good
Good call leenie, started it over weekend and it's very good.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Decided to start Sons of Anarchy - six episodes in but decent so far.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

Following Walter's All4.com recommendations and watching Heartless, a Danish production, looks a bit Twighlighty tbh, ok.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2016, 11:24:00 AM
Quote from: leenie on December 28, 2015, 08:38:40 PM
Documentary .. Making a murderer on Netflix .. It's 10 episodes but v good
Good call leenie, started it over weekend and it's very good.

Watching this as well but there are spoilers everywhere.
#newbridgeornowhere