50 Dead Men Walking

Started by carnaross, April 12, 2009, 12:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on April 17, 2009, 07:03:51 PM
Ah right thought he was a d1ckhead cause I was in Belfast during internment and know many who were lifted and thats the first I ever heard that people were punching the air with joy that it had happened.
AFAIK, there were very few republicans in Belfast at the time as they had got advance warning it was going to happen, much less them celebrating it by 'punching in the air'.  That comes from people who would know these things.[/quote]
Is that your clincher then, 'people who would know these things'. And let me guess, these people would be totally independent and impartial with no political axe to grind? Get your head out of your arse.
[/quote]
I'd say that the man has a point, your air punching is the first I , and seemingly anyone has heard of such an incident and feeling anywhere in the north of Ireland at that time.
even indulging you in your air punching, if it occurred then it would most likely be one or two people (possibly mishearing the news) and 99.999% majority doing the opposite !
your story just doesnt make sense or maintains any logic miley

Myles Na G.

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 17, 2009, 07:23:28 PM
Myles, they have no reason to lie, that's the thing.  They were there, no doubt about it.  A load of men can't be telling lies and you can't be the only one that's right.  It's as simple as that.  I have said before I think you are someone who has manufactured your background for the purpose of arguing politics on here.  Nothing you say rings true to me and nothing you say will make me believe otherwise.  You have no interest i the GAA, in fact you have shown time and again you despise the Association and all it stands for.

So, get your head out of your own arse and get a life.
They have as much reason to lie as you believe I have, and for exactly the same reasons. I was there too, no doubt about that. A load of men can't be telling lies? There's a whole battalion of paratroopers who have been telling lies for years about a civil rights march in Derry, or do you think that's not possible either? Whether anything I say rings true to you is irrelevant. People believe what they want to believe, see what they want to, etc. The only semi accurate comment you've made is that I have little interest in the GAA (I've described it on here as a passing interest, so you don't get marks for perception, unfortunately). I don't despise the association, however. I simply dislike some of its politics. (Joe Cahill Shield, anybody?)

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 17, 2009, 07:51:27 PM
Ah right thought he was a d1ckhead cause I was in Belfast during internment and know many who were lifted and thats the first I ever heard that people were punching the air with joy that it had happened.
AFAIK, there were very few republicans in Belfast at the time as they had got advance warning it was going to happen, much less them celebrating it by 'punching in the air'.  That comes from people who would know these things.
Is that your clincher then, 'people who would know these things'. And let me guess, these people would be totally independent and impartial with no political axe to grind? Get your head out of your arse.
[/quote]
I'd say that the man has a point, your air punching is the first I , and seemingly anyone has heard of such an incident and feeling anywhere in the north of Ireland at that time.
even indulging you in your air punching, if it occurred then it would most likely be one or two people (possibly mishearing the news) and 99.999% majority doing the opposite !
[/quote]
LB, no show without Punch and all that. My story makes perfect sense, thank you. Some people may not like to hear it, but that's a different story.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Myles Na G. on April 17, 2009, 08:13:58 PM
Myles, they have no reason to lie, that's the thing.  They were there, no doubt about it.  A load of men can't be telling lies and you can't be the only one that's right.  It's as simple as that.  I have said before I think you are someone who has manufactured your background for the purpose of arguing politics on here.  Nothing you say rings true to me and nothing you say will make me believe otherwise.  You have no interest i the GAA, in fact you have shown time and again you despise the Association and all it stands for.

They have as much reason to lie as you believe I have, and for exactly the same reasons. I was there too, no doubt about that. A load of men can't be telling lies? There's a whole battalion of paratroopers who have been telling lies for years about a civil rights march in Derry, or do you think that's not possible either? Whether anything I say rings true to you is irrelevant. People believe what they want to believe, see what they want to, etc. The only semi accurate comment you've made is that I have little interest in the GAA (I've described it on here as a passing interest, so you don't get marks for perception, unfortunately). I don't despise the association, however. I simply dislike some of its politics. (Joe Cahill Shield, anybody?)
You are someone with an axe to grind and I have no interest or time in arguing with you.

Just, get a life son.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Myles Na G.

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 17, 2009, 08:19:05 PM

You are someone with an axe to grind and I have no interest or time in arguing with you.

Just, get a life son.
So why did you start an argument with me then, son?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Myles Na G. on April 17, 2009, 08:31:29 PM

Just, get a life son.
I didn't start anything, son.  I replied to glens abu, son.

Here endeth my 'discussion' with you, son.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Myles Na G.

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 17, 2009, 08:33:44 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on April 17, 2009, 08:31:29 PM

Just, get a life son.
I didn't start anything, son.  I replied to glens abu, son.

Here endeth my 'discussion' with you, son.
You were disputing a point I made in a previous post, which constitutes starting an argument - or at least a discussion - in my book, son.  ;)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on April 17, 2009, 08:15:44 PM
AFAIK, there were very few republicans in Belfast at the time as they had got advance warning it was going to happen, much less them celebrating it by 'punching in the air'.  That comes from people who would know these things.
[/quote]
LB, no show without Punch and all that. My story makes perfect sense, thank you. Some people may not like to hear it, but that's a different story.
[/quote]
nope its at complete odds with conventional logic and goes against any known feelings of nationalists etc at the time

its such an inconsequential boast though that it wouldnt really matter if it was true, but its the first I have heard of anything like that
and being such a harmless thing why would anyone 'not like to hear it' .
its a nothing, but imo and obv in the opinion of most - an untrue nothing !

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 18, 2009, 10:24:53 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on April 17, 2009, 08:15:44 PM
[/quote]
nope its at complete odds with conventional logic and goes against any known feelings of nationalists etc at the time

its such an inconsequential boast though that it wouldnt really matter if it was true, but its the first I have heard of anything like that
and being such a harmless thing why would anyone 'not like to hear it' .
its a nothing, but imo and obv in the opinion of most - an untrue nothing !

[/quote]
As usual, you're off target. Many commentators have observed that internment was a turning point, that it was a great recruiting sergeant for the IRA. If that's the case, then it's not a big jump to see that republicans at the time, with one eye on the big picture, would've welcomed it with delight. The ones that I saw certainly seemed happy enough. Your problem, like others on here, is that you think the IRA cared about the wider Catholic / nationalist community. In truth, they couldn't give a flying one. The only thing they cared about was the 'cause'. They were prepared to kill anyone, Catholic, Prod, Irish, British, who stood in their way. They were prepeared to let their own die on hunger strike in order to further their aims, so why do you think they'd be bothered if a few Catholics got rounded up on internment day?

mylestheslasher

Myles, are you seriously saying that on the announcment of internment a number of republicans went out onto the street and started celebrating in broad daylight punching the air. I suppose they did a little jig and then dived across the road on their bellies soccer style, before pulling their shirts up over their heads. If your going to make shit up you should try and keep the lies within the realms of the real world.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on April 18, 2009, 03:10:51 PM
As usual, you're off target. Many commentators have observed that internment was a turning point, that it was a great recruiting sergeant for the IRA. If that's the case, then it's not a big jump to see that republicans at the time, with one eye on the big picture, would've welcomed it with delight. The ones that I saw certainly seemed happy enough. Your problem, like others on here, is that you think the IRA cared about the wider Catholic / nationalist community. In truth, they couldn't give a flying one. The only thing they cared about was the 'cause'. They were prepared to kill anyone, Catholic, Prod, Irish, British, who stood in their way. They were prepeared to let their own die on hunger strike in order to further their aims, so why do you think they'd be bothered if a few Catholics got rounded up on internment day?
apologies for misunderstanding your notion and giving you the benefit of the doubt
what you write above is complete and utter unadulterated rubbish.
there was no way on earth anyone was celebrating internment etc as most woul dbe worried that they'd all be locked up with no one left between the ages of 16 and 60 to enjoy freedom let alone fight
so as per usual you are talking complete and utter sihte !

tell hans christian and the brothers grimm we all said hello when you go back to cuckooland !  :D

its pointless trying to discuss anything with you as its all crazy made up unreal stuff. I might be 'boring' but at least its factual !
:D

Gnevin

Just seen this , shite film . However there is one thing I don't get what did he do to get to high in the IRA , the film made him out to be a saint .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Gnevin on April 27, 2009, 09:32:56 AM
Just seen this , shite film . However there is one thing I don't get what did he do to get to high in the IRA , the film made him out to be a saint .

Afaik he actually wasn't that high up, just made himself out to be a big knob when he wasn't.
Tbc....