50 Dead Men Walking

Started by carnaross, April 12, 2009, 12:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Quote from: Myles Na G. on April 16, 2009, 05:11:08 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 16, 2009, 08:10:55 AM
Were you in Derry for Bloody Sunday and did you witness the internment arrests? Could they have possibly had something to do with the rise of the IRA or was it really all the tea drinking and biscuits??
I wasn't in Derry that day, but I was in Belfast at the time of internment. Want to know what I saw? I saw local republicans walking around punching the air like they'd just scored a goal. They were delighted at the introduction of internment, as they thought it heralded the end of stormont. The fact that innocent Catholics - the people they were 'protecting' -  were being lifted concerned them not a jot. Like Roger has pointed out, these were the protectors who killed more Catholics than the loyalists and the Brits. Some protection!

What part of Belfast was this Myles that these republicans were punching the air?

lynchbhoy

Were you in Derry for Bloody Sunday and did you witness the internment arrests? Could they have possibly had something to do with the rise of the IRA or was it really all the tea drinking and biscuits??
I wasn't in Derry that day, but I was in Belfast at the time of internment. Want to know what I saw? I saw local republicans walking around punching the air like they'd just scored a goal. They were delighted at the introduction of internment, as they thought it heralded the end of stormont. The fact that innocent Catholics - the people they were 'protecting' -  were being lifted concerned them not a jot. Like Roger has pointed out, these were the protectors who killed more Catholics than the loyalists and the Brits. Some protection!
thats completely at odds with 99% of normal people

sounds like whatever 'institution' you were in was having a garden fete

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Roger on April 16, 2009, 05:19:15 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2009, 04:23:00 PM
Quote from: Roger on April 16, 2009, 02:10:32 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2009, 02:04:31 PM
Quote from: Roger on April 16, 2009, 01:55:39 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2009, 01:40:25 PM
Quote from: Roger on April 16, 2009, 01:30:16 PM
I have presented the stats for the organisation's record when it was supposedly defending the nationalist/Catholic community and which led to the support for SF.   
these stats only portray a small fraction of the story though...
without them there would have been even more killed, hounded out and victimised by eastablishment and their apartheid regieme practices !
Speculative bullshit.
unless you are commenting on your own scrawlings earlier this is not the case for what I have written,
especially since there was huge precedent of this (that ended up with the ira having to come along to defend these people - remember !)
so with precedent before 1969 and some long time after this also, this is proven to not be speculation but actual fact !
It wasnt stopping until around GFA time either ! (though it def was decreasing rapidly after 1969 - poss due to the interjection by ira and political parties to stop such practices).

How many Catholic / nationalist civilians were killed by the state forces in the thirty years prior to 1969 and how many were killed by their self-appointed protectors (IRA) in the thirty years after 1969?
how many innocent families, their lives, their homes, their health were all ruined as well as being persecuted,tortured and killed by state forces before and after 1969 - do you have stats on that as its less than what was purportrated by ira !

Stop trying to dodge the question.
thought it was rhetorical, the answer is that less were killed by ira than had ruined lives/families/killed etc by the rule of apartheid against nationalists
why else did the likes of the ira get so much support so quickly from so many (if you say they didnt then it would be as easy to say look at the huge majority of support sf now have as a similar indication)
so your stats dont account for the reality and brevity of the situation, just a  small fragment that you like to try and use whch is largely irrelevent to this 'argument'. hard luck.

Roger

I didn't ask about a comparison to how many lives innocent nationalist/Catholic lives the state wrecked pre-1969 and the IRA wrecked post-1969.

The question was "how many Catholic / nationalist civilians were killed by the state forces in the thirty years prior to 1969 and how many were killed by their self-appointed protectors (IRA) in the thirty years after 1969?"

Try answering it and stop dodging it.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Roger on April 17, 2009, 10:47:58 AM
I didn't ask about a comparison to how many lives innocent nationalist/Catholic lives the state wrecked pre-1969 and the IRA wrecked post-1969.

The question was "how many Catholic / nationalist civilians were killed by the state forces in the thirty years prior to 1969 and how many were killed by their self-appointed protectors (IRA) in the thirty years after 1969?"

you cannot section off a small part of what happened and try to pass this off as the whole picture.
I am sure you have the stats for how many people were killed so you dont need me to find out for you.
I dont have the stats on how many families were persecuted, oppressed, denied human and civil rights, how many people were forced into leaving their homes , how many people were killed directly or indirectly by apartheid in the north of Ireland, but I will wager it is significantly higher than your figure for how many were killed by ira etc.

if you were outlining how many people died on the operating table in hospitals , would you neglect to mention how many these operations saved (who would have died without the operation) etc ?
of course not, you look at the bigger picture, unless as you do, and want to cut the reality to suit your skewed partial view.

Main Street

Quote from: glens abu on April 17, 2009, 08:39:55 AM

What part of Belfast was this Myles that these republicans were punching the air?

Don't you know, whenever something big happened. Myles was there. Recording the event with total recall for future reference some decades later.
He was there with the Cliftonville fans when they had the blast bomb thrown at them and could recall (invent?) with absolute clarity the sectarian actions of the Cliftonville fans.
He was there on the streets of Belfast the day Internment was introduced and could interpret the defiance shown as outbursts of unbridled joy along with blatant disregard for fellow nationalists.

Next we will hear he was in Lisbon 1967 to follow his beloved Bhoys and could witness the horrid behaviour of the Celtic fans ::)

Roger

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 17, 2009, 11:22:26 AM

you cannot section off a small part of what happened and try to pass this off as the whole picture.
I am sure you have the stats for how many people were killed so you dont need me to find out for you.
I dont have the stats on how many families were persecuted, oppressed, denied human and civil rights, how many people were forced into leaving their homes , how many people were killed directly or indirectly by apartheid in the north of Ireland, but I will wager it is significantly higher than your figure for how many were killed by ira etc.

if you were outlining how many people died on the operating table in hospitals , would you neglect to mention how many these operations saved (who would have died without the operation) etc ?
of course not, you look at the bigger picture, unless as you do, and want to cut the reality to suit your skewed partial view.

The self-appointed protectors of Catholics (the IRA) killed more Catholics than their supposed enemy.  Nothing you offer changes that and is simply subjective bullshit.  The way you wriggle about on this and extrapolate nonsense into your bluster is laughable if wasn't so sad that there are gullible people who would believe your spin.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Roger on April 17, 2009, 11:40:20 AM

The self-appointed protectors of Catholics (the IRA) killed more Catholics than their supposed enemy.  Nothing you offer changes that and is simply subjective bullshit.  The way you wriggle about on this and extrapolate nonsense into your bluster is laughable if wasn't so sad that there are gullible people who would believe your spin.
do they teah that kind of rubbish in sunday school or the lodge.
nice to be able to have such a tunneled vision. its that kind of mindset that caused the problems in the north of Ireland.
Glad to see that the old colonial empirical mindset is still alive and well. Recent years events must be very distressing to you !

mrsandman

Quote from: Roger on April 17, 2009, 11:40:20 AM

The self-appointed protectors of Catholics (the IRA) killed more Catholics than their supposed enemy.   Nothing you offer changes that and is simply subjective bullshit.  The way you wriggle about on this and extrapolate nonsense into your bluster is laughable if wasn't so sad that there are gullible people who would believe your spin.

I see you havn't included any figures, have you got any? Or is this simply hear'say?
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

glens abu

Quote from: Main Street on April 17, 2009, 11:32:55 AM

Don't you know, whenever something big happened. Myles was there. Recording the event with total recall for future reference some decades later.
He was there with the Cliftonville fans when they had the blast bomb thrown at them and could recall (invent?) with absolute clarity the sectarian actions of the Cliftonville fans.
He was there on the streets of Belfast the day Internment was introduced and could interpret the defiance shown as outbursts of unbridled joy along with blatant disregard for fellow nationalists.

Next we will hear he was in Lisbon 1967 to follow his beloved Bhoys and could witness the horrid behaviour of the Celtic fans ::)

Ah right thought he was a d1ckhead cause I was in Belfast during internment and know many who were lifted and thats the first I ever heard that people were punching the air with joy that it had happened.

Myles Na G.

Oldpark / Ardoyne

Myles Na G.

'north belfast nationalist is reds fan' shock horror probe.
'middle aged Belfast man was in Belfast on internment day' shock horror probe.

What else you got?  ;D

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: glens abu on April 17, 2009, 12:06:51 PM

Ah right thought he was a d1ckhead cause I was in Belfast during internment and know many who were lifted and thats the first I ever heard that people were punching the air with joy that it had happened.
AFAIK, there were very few republicans in Belfast at the time as they had got advance warning it was going to happen, much less them celebrating it by 'punching in the air'.  That comes from people who would know these things.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Myles Na G.

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 17, 2009, 06:50:48 PM
Quote from: glens abu on April 17, 2009, 12:06:51 PM

AFAIK, there were very few republicans in Belfast at the time as they had got advance warning it was going to happen, much less them celebrating it by 'punching in the air'.  That comes from people who would know these things.
Is that your clincher then, 'people who would know these things'. And let me guess, these people would be totally independent and impartial with no political axe to grind? Get your head out of your arse.

ardmhachaabu

Myles, they have no reason to lie, that's the thing.  They were there, no doubt about it.  A load of men can't be telling lies and you can't be the only one that's right.  It's as simple as that.  I have said before I think you are someone who has manufactured your background for the purpose of arguing politics on here.  Nothing you say rings true to me and nothing you say will make me believe otherwise.  You have no interest i the GAA, in fact you have shown time and again you despise the Association and all it stands for.

So, get your head out of your own arse and get a life.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something