Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rory

In the Onion Bag

Here's my neck on the line.  

Kerry have not faced the kind of intensity this Tyrone team exerts and will become frustrated when they are denied the freedom needed to play their lovely football.  Tyrone will feed on this frustration.  They are a skillful, crafty but more importantly a very hard working and fit team that will exploit the obvious weakness that Cork exposed today but were unable to take advantage of.

Tyrone by 4+.

KerryMike.  If I am wrong I will drive to the Kingdom to buy you a pint, will you offer to reciprocate?

Lecale2

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on August 31, 2008, 07:32:42 PM

KerryMike.  If I am wrong I will drive to the Kingdom to buy you a pint, will you offer to reciprocate?

If you ever buy anyone a pint I'll run naked around Belfast City Hall.

tyssam5

Paddypower has Tyrone at 15-8. That's is nice odds, I took him in 2005 and I will have another go at that price.

I'd say it's more to do with the amount of money on Kerry from the start of the year, so it's definitely a good bet at those odds.

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 31, 2008, 07:39:53 PM

If you ever buy anyone a pint I'll run naked around Belfast City Hall.

Running naked round City Hall? That's nothing new for you Lecale, but please keep the belly tucked in to avoid upsetting the tourists.

tyssam5

Here's my neck on the line.   

Kerry have not faced the kind of intensity this Tyrone team exerts
and will become frustrated when they are denied the freedom needed to play their lovely football.  Tyrone will feed on this frustration.  They are a skillful, crafty but more importantly a very hard working and fit team that will exploit the obvious weakness that Cork exposed today but were unable to take advantage of.

Tyrone by 4+.

KerryMike.  If I am wrong I will drive to the Kingdom to buy you a pint, will you offer to reciprocate?

Don't know about that, you could say that Tyrone haven't faced anything like Kerry's intensity either. Also Kerry came through a game against Monaghan quite well and that is a side who would let no-one play 'lovely football'. Kerry can play it anyway now, Tyrone will have to put out a display as good as the Dublin one or better, today's display would not have cut it.

INDIANA

people underestimate how much kerry want to beat tyrone. This is the game kerry have wanted.

Frank Casey

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2008, 08:38:14 PM
people underestimate how much kerry want to beat tyrone. This is the game kerry have wanted.

I think thats true. This final is a real winner takes all (cliche I know), Tyrone can get their third AI, Kerry their third in a row. Its been said by many that Kerry couldn't handle Tyrone or Armagh and until they did a question mark would remain over them. I was in the Hogan stand two years ago when Kerry bested Armagh and the roar from the (small) Kerry crowd that day was unreal - one dragon had been slain. Beating Tyrone in a final would be the other.
KERRY 3:7

dodgy umpire

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2008, 08:38:14 PM

theres a great sense in kerry that they owe tyrone one. i just think mickey harte is too great a tactician to loose an all ireland final. tyrone should win, although a draw wouldnt be suprising
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Main Street

Time for Tyrone boys to go back to the pre QF game mentality.
We are hardly worthy to be there.
Matty Ford's injury scuttled Wexford.
Kerry 3 in a row is on the cards.
Runners up is  remarkable for a Tyrone team which was written off ages ago.
Mickey Harte is no Moses.
The empty vessels were 1/2 right.

Frank Casey

Quote from: Main Street on August 31, 2008, 09:15:06 PM
Time for Tyrone boys to go back to the pre QF game mentality.
We are hardly worthy to be there.
Matty Ford's injury scuttled Wexford.
Kerry 3 in a row is on the cards.
Runners up is  remarkable for a Tyrone team which was written off ages ago.
Mickey Harte is no Moses.
The empty vessels were 1/2 right.

Well I suppose that Kerry are the kings of choke,  can't close out games, are afraid of northern teams, refs hate them, Gooch is shagged etc.
KERRY 3:7

paddypastit

Having sat through both games today in the flesh, Kerry on full tilt looked that bit more compelling than Tyrone on full tilt but then each plays with a different style and the way a team gets to play is significantly influenced by the team they are facing... and one can say for certain that Kerry to date have faced nothing approaching the quality and capability of Tyrone and probabaly likewise in reverse - it promises to be tight.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

ONeill

Canavan, O'Neill and Mulligan scored 1-9 between them in the 2005 AIF. They're gone. Kerry now have Donaghy and Walsh to complement Cooper. We're fecked. St. Peter of Glencull Pray for us.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Truely Tyrones backs are against the wall like never before, you may have to go to higher powers than St Peter of Glencull .

'Those who trust in the Lord for help will find their strength renewed.
They will rise on the wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary; they will walk and not grow weak.'

Isaiah 40:31

filthylittlebeast

Yea does anyone know where to get tickets for the final?? I live in County Down and am not a member of any club! My mum is from Ardboe and my sister and I would love to take her to the final! We are all loyal Tyrone supporters!!  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!