ULSTER DOMINANCE

Started by Orchardman, July 28, 2013, 08:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchardman

last 8 of championship

1 Connaught ( there has to be at least one)
1 leinster ( they have to allow one of these in as well)
2 munster ( 2 good teams, will always be there)
4 Ulster ( under current set up we are only allowed a max of 5 teams, otherwise all 8 could be from ULSTER)

Should Ulster be split in 2, is it too strong? On this evidence yes. Add to this, if armagh had their shooters with them in galway they would have won, and would likely then have beaten cork meaning all 4 teams coming through back door were from Ulster.

A well as that, down, derry and fermanagh were all only knocked out by fellow ulster teams, otherwise they would also be there. Down and Derry would still give any of the last 8 a big game.

Which leaves antrim as our only shite team, but they were knocked out by louth who are nearly in Ulster anyway. But antrim are a hurling superpower so that's ok, we'll let them at it.

Still think it's kerry's sam this year though

From the Bunker

We will see how many Ulster teams will be left after next weekend?

SouthDublinBro

And sadly not a single one of them plays football that's remotely exciting for the neutral to watch. With your own county Armagh starting this negative trend.

For shame, orchardman.

Orchardman

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 28, 2013, 08:39:14 PM
And sadly not a single one of them plays football that's remotely exciting for the neutral to watch. With your own county Armagh starting this negative trend.

For shame, orchardman.

Armagh never did anything wrong, we played it tough and fair, kernan's team were proper men.
Donegal as well, i like their style of play, too much yapping from the rest of the country, jealousy.

Tyrone are only one's with any sneaky stuff, like what they did at the end against meath last ngt was disgusting

Orchardman

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 28, 2013, 08:36:24 PM

2 id say

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Cavan struggle against London
Tyrone struggle against Roscommon
Armagh beaten by Galway

Leinster and Ulster get more teams to start off with, therefore they have more chances of teams surviving until the last 8.

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Orior

Leinster were also in attendance at the darts championship.

Spoiler alert

Taylor won again
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Orchardman on July 28, 2013, 08:50:53 PM

2 id say

You predicting a Tyrone-Monaghan draw then!
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

anglocelt39

Can't argue with that.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

From the Bunker

You have to admit Ulster has been good at dominating each other. Cavan knocking out Derry and Fermanagh. Derry Knocking out Down.  Louth knocked out Antrim. Armagh lost to Galway. So you are left with Monaghan who beat Ulster teams to reach the QF. You have Cavan who beat Ulster teams and London to reach the QF. You have Donegal who beat Ulster teams and Laois to reach the QF. Finally Tyrone beat the trend with Offaly, Roscommon, Kildare and Meath

BluestackBoy

For shame, orchardman.

I think our football is great to watch. I can't stand watching Dublin, it's like watching a bunch of hyperactive children in a schoolyard & gives me a headache
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: Orchardman on July 28, 2013, 08:50:24 PM
Armagh never did anything wrong, we played it tough and fair, kernan's team were proper men.

I'm not having that. Kernan's Armagh lads were the originators of the late hit on the man releasing the ball.

Quote from: BluestackBoy on July 28, 2013, 10:20:11 PM
I think our football is great to watch. I can't stand watching Dublin, it's like watching a bunch of hyperactive children in a schoolyard & gives me a headache

Each to their own I suppose. 15 men behind the ball tactics just aren't to my taste.

rodney trotter

For shame, orchardman.

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 28, 2013, 10:56:54 PM
Quote from: Orchardman on July 28, 2013, 08:50:24 PM

I'm not having that. Kernan's Armagh lads were the originators of the late hit on the man releasing the ball.

Each to their own I suppose. 15 men behind the ball tactics just aren't to my taste.

Dublin weren't exactly playing free flowing football when Pat Gilroy took over.

Orangemac

Going off on a tangent Cavan are now the 8th Ulster team to reach a QF.Only 6 out of 11 from Leinster have.

Ulster have provided 20 out of the 52 QFinalists who have came through the back door which is the best of any province relative to its size.