ULSTER DOMINANCE

Started by Orchardman, July 28, 2013, 08:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 07, 2013, 05:19:47 PM
Quote from: Orchardman on August 07, 2013, 04:45:47 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 07, 2013, 01:23:24 PM
This thread has gone very quite. Did it catch a superbug?

I already had my fun with this thread.
There was never going to be any more than 2 ulster teams in the semi's really, so we now have one instead, is that really a big deal?

I don't think tyrone are the best of the last 4, and i dont want them to win it, but my point still clearly stands, we have by far the best stretch of teams in the country.

No, but where is the dominance?, Should the title not be Ulster have allot of middle of the road teams, which makes it a evenly competitive province?

With 9 teams and only 1 team in the Semis, surely that is below average.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

From the Bunker

Looks like yesterday was the end of Ulster Dominance?  :P

ONeill

Wait til our minors hammer yiz.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on August 26, 2013, 04:22:05 PM
Wait til our minors hammer yiz.

Minor All-Ireland Quarter-final 2004. Tyrone 2-15 Roscommon 0-02.

#neverforget

Farrandeelin

Mayo to GAA: 'Bring on more Ulster teams!!!'
GAA to Mayo: 'There are no more Ulster teams!!!'

Couldn't resist. ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 26, 2013, 07:24:57 PM
Mayo to GAA: 'Bring on more Ulster teams!!!'
GAA to Mayo: 'There are no more Ulster teams!!!'

Couldn't resist. ;)

;D Hon the Rossies on Sunday.

anglocelt39

got to hand it to the GAA's administrators allright, looks like the London/New York experiment has raised the overall standard west of the Shannon.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: anglocelt39 on August 26, 2013, 09:50:52 PM
got to hand it to the GAA's administrators allright, looks like the London/New York experiment has raised the overall standard west of the Shannon.

Too right, good win for London against Fermanagh last year and running Cavan scared this year.

anglocelt39

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 26, 2013, 09:55:43 PM

Too right, good win for London against Fermanagh last year and running Cavan scared this year.

Also useful to be able to distinguish between Connacht First Round and Connacht semi finals since the addition of the overseas powers. Running Cavan scared?? jasus man you must have had the chinos well soiled after 20 minutes yesterday at that rate.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: anglocelt39 on August 26, 2013, 10:00:42 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 26, 2013, 09:55:43 PM

Also useful to be able to distinguish between Connacht First Round and Connacht semi finals since the addition of the overseas powers. Running Cavan scared?? jasus man you must have had the chinos well soiled after 20 minutes yesterday at that rate.

Awful touchy Anglo-Celt, this thread was started by an Ulsterman after all.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Orangemac on July 28, 2013, 11:27:57 PM
Going off on a tangent Cavan are now the 8th Ulster team to reach a QF.Only 6 out of 11 from Leinster have.

Ulster have provided 20 out of the 52 QFinalists who have came through the back door which is the best of any province relative to its size.

Thats 3 out of 8 every 2 years? No?
That's making a reasonable contribution, But it is in no way dominating. Take off the glasses!  8)

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 26, 2013, 10:44:05 PM
Quote from: Orangemac on July 28, 2013, 11:27:57 PM
Going off on a tangent Cavan are now the 8th Ulster team to reach a QF.Only 6 out of 11 from Leinster have.

Ulster have provided 20 out of the 52 QFinalists who have came through the back door which is the best of any province relative to its size.

Thats 3 out of 8 every 2 years? No?
That's making a reasonable contribution, But it is in no way dominating. Take off the glasses!  8)

Sure four out of five Connacht counties have made the QFs. No biggie.

Good that the rubbish about Connacht being a terrible province has been long since stuffed down peoples' throats.

armaghniac

Good that the rubbish about Connacht being a terrible province has been long since stuffed down peoples' throats.

It is a terrible province, the rainfall is ridiculous.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on August 27, 2013, 12:40:11 AM

It is a terrible province, the rainfall is ridiculous.

Forecast: It's raining medals 8)