Tyrone v Down - Sun 18th May, Omagh

Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAULD123

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 26, 2014, 06:15:38 PM
Explain why Pauld

Explain what? I guess you mean my opinion of Tyrone as I already explained my opinion on the penalties and it seems you pretty much agree.

I think Tyrone are only getting warmed up because  they always improve between the spring and summer. Also in the second game there was improved sharpness but way below the level that the individual skills of the players could produce. Harte freshened the team up and it made a big difference. Some players have moved position and are settling in to them now.

As for why I think they are the 2nd best team. Well I believe Dublin are the best. I assume most people right now would agree. After that lets look at the list - Cork, Mayo, Kerry, Derry, Donegal are the only serious contenders for Sam.

I see no reason why Tyrone is not every bit the equal of Donegal or Derry.

With Gooch gone Kerry have lost a bite that I believe effectively ends their serious challenge

Cork and Mayo are the two big possibilities. Mayo are impressive alright but how many times can they go to the well? I think cracks are already showing and frankly I can't see them maintaining it this year. Cork are not the same beast outside the South west.

Tyrone gave Dublin a ridiculous head start then totally out played them for the rest of the game. I think Tyrone have the best balance to stop Dublin.

In fairness perhaps my opinion should really be that Dublin currently have the edge on everyone else and after that Cork, Mayo and Tyrone are a chasing pack possibly with Donegal. There isn't much between them. The one thing is that Tyrone have a team of All-Ireland winners knowing full well how close to the end it is all getting and they are backing up young eager skillful players. They have a top drawer manager. In my opinion that gives them a slight edge over the rest of the chasing pack.

anfheardubh

Quote from: PAULD123 on May 27, 2014, 06:18:39 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on May 26, 2014, 06:15:38 PM
Explain why Pauld

Explain what? I guess you mean my opinion of Tyrone as I already explained my opinion on the penalties and it seems you pretty much agree.

I think Tyrone are only getting warmed up because  they always improve between the spring and summer. Also in the second game there was improved sharpness but way below the level that the individual skills of the players could produce. Harte freshened the team up and it made a big difference. Some players have moved position and are settling in to them now.

As for why I think they are the 2nd best team. Well I believe Dublin are the best. I assume most people right now would agree. After that lets look at the list - Cork, Mayo, Kerry, Derry, Donegal are the only serious contenders for Sam.

I see no reason why Tyrone is not every bit the equal of Donegal or Derry.

With Gooch gone Kerry have lost a bite that I believe effectively ends their serious challenge

Cork and Mayo are the two big possibilities. Mayo are impressive alright but how many times can they go to the well? I think cracks are already showing and frankly I can't see them maintaining it this year. Cork are not the same beast outside the South west.

Tyrone gave Dublin a ridiculous head start then totally out played them for the rest of the game. I think Tyrone have the best balance to stop Dublin.

In fairness perhaps my opinion should really be that Dublin currently have the edge on everyone else and after that Cork, Mayo and Tyrone are a chasing pack possibly with Donegal. There isn't much between them. The one thing is that Tyrone have a team of All-Ireland winners knowing full well how close to the end it is all getting and they are backing up young eager skillful players. They have a top drawer manager. In my opinion that gives them a slight edge over the rest of the chasing pack.

Mate dont want to burst your wee bubble but its been 6 years since Tyrone last won Sam, and they havent contested a final since

Ricey is gone-   he was absolutely fantastic as good as they come

Jordan -  probably one of the greatest half backs of all time

i could go on and on Mulligan Canavan Dooher McGinley Hughes etc 

I believe Tyrone should concentrate on the future, play more youth eg  Ronan O Neill , took mickey the replay to make changes

For many are called, but few are chosen.