Tyrone v Down - Sun 18th May, Omagh

Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 26, 2014, 10:21:13 AM
Quote from: Bensars on May 26, 2014, 10:12:55 AM
Sunday game last night showed brief highlights.  It'll be on rte player

I can only seem to find the Sunday Game Live on Rte Player but not the highlights show.

It's up now.
http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10286668/

Stall the Bailer

I believe Stevie is the best CHF on the panel. If he does not have 70 minutes in him (I think he does), do you start or finish with your best team?

StGallsGAA

McCartan shows an apparent lack of class again failing to congratulate Tyrone on their win yet again!!   

Armamike

Not really his form though. He's usually gracious in defeat and victory.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Carmen Stateside

Can't understand how Tyrone got that penalty, even the Down one was soft.  How pathetic a highlight show was that from RTE.  Surely you try show more of the games that were not on live that day?

PAULD123

Down were denied a definite penalty when Jerome Johnston was rugby tackled in the box.  The Tyrone penalty was a phantom. McNab totally missed the ball and he and McKernan collided as it was sailing out. McKernan made no contact whatsoever before McNab touched the ball.

The down penalty denial came before the Tyrone penalty was awarded The score was 2-8 to 0-8. So we went from potentially only three behind to suddenly being nine behind and dead ducks.

But all this counts for very little. Even if you scratch the Tyrone penalty and even if Down got theirs and actually managed to score it would have made no difference to the winner. It would only have changed the margin. I think with a bit of luck going their way regrading these events Down could have been a few points closer at the end and it wouldn't have looked so bad. I think the victory was deservedly Tyrone's but the margin should probably have been a bit closer. But no mistake, even if we had drawn level in the last minute of the game Tyrone would just have stormed up the field and banged over two points. Tyrone always had it in the tank to beat us. Cormac Reilly made two pretty bad calls but he didn't decide the winner.

I personally think Tyrone are the second best team in Ireland and although the diplays haven't been inspiring so far, they are only getting warmed up

Fuzzman

EC Unique

Paul. Peter Harte was denied a cert pen in the first half so things evened themselves out.

CD

Quote from: EC Unique on May 26, 2014, 07:04:14 PM
Paul. Peter Harte was denied a cert pen in the first half so things evened themselves out.

That happened directly in front of me - I was sitting in the stand about 18 yards out - Peter Harte wasn't touched. He should have turned out or hit it first time but did neither. He threw himself down when he realised he had no angle and was running out of pitch. Was a wee tiny bit embarrassing in fairness - although nowhere near as embarrassing as Conor Laverty's swallow dive.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

orangeman

Down GAA Twitter account describing the 2 penalties on Saturday night. A totally unbiased view :

30 secs into the game and Conor Maginn brought down in the box by Justin McMahon, penalty for Down saved by Tyrone goalie

Then

Penalty for Tyrone dubious decision by ref

Throw ball

Quote from: orangeman on May 27, 2014, 12:22:25 AM
Down GAA Twitter account describing the 2 penalties on Saturday night. A totally unbiased view :

30 secs into the game and Conor Maginn brought down in the box by Justin McMahon, penalty for Down saved by Tyrone goalie

Then

A correct summary though.

And that is from an Armagh man who hoped both teams would lose!

nrico2006

Quote from: Throw ball on May 27, 2014, 12:38:51 AM

Then

Is that not incorrect - was the alleged foul not made by Harte? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

orangeman

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 27, 2014, 08:06:46 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on May 27, 2014, 12:38:51 AM

Then

Is that not incorrect - was the alleged foul not made by Harte?

Mc Mahon wasn't near him and Harte didn't do much to concede the penalty in fairness.

blewuporstuffed

i thought the tyrone one certainly wasnt a penalty and the down one was very soft.
The other down penalty appeal menton i dont think was a penalty either.
Johnson ran into bother and got bottled up and then when he realised he had no where to go, threw himself on the ground.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Fuzzman

I watched all three incidents in Slow Mo several times
To me Maginn's foot definitely catches Harte's leg and so to me it was accidental but I can see why it might be given
The Tyrone one was a total joke and no way a penalty but to me Justy had his arms all over Johnston and if it had of been McCurry or someone I would have been looking for a penalty.
You can't have two arms around a man like that holding him back