Sligo Football - Where do we go from here?

Started by Sligoper, June 23, 2008, 02:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are people confident In John Murphy's abilities as co. chairman?

Yes
No
Hard to say

Rossfan

Quote from: jjjshabadoojnr on August 24, 2008, 08:33:02 PM
I think John Maughan could be the man ....
Paudi O'Shea has Sligo connections ....Mickey Moran is an option .......

Luke Dempsey is knocking around ....... Mulgrew is available.

I hope ye have more money than Sligo Rovers if ye want any of them bucks. ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

jjjshabadoojnr

ROSSFAN
Dont think the Rossies coffers are exactly overflowing with green backs either Rossfan if reports in the papers last year were to be believed. Only so much money Sean Mulryan will throw away!!  ;)
As for the Rovers, could nt care less what happens to them.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: jjjshabadoojnr on August 24, 2008, 08:33:02 PM
I hate to say it because I am not particularly fond of the man - he comes across as a right arrogant so and so, but I think John Maughan could be the man to shake up the squad. I know he didnt endear himself to the Rossie folk, but he broke up the old boys club click that existed within their county team, similiar to what we have now. I think he is the man to ruffle up some of the old guard (if rumours are to be believed some of these guys were telling younger members of the squad to take it handy at training and slow down!!)
I think we would need a fairly tactically astute selector/assistant along with him as his past record in this regard is pretty shocking - Mayo /Meath All Ireland Final being the prime example.
Paudi O'Shea has Sligo connections and we all now that his motivational powers brought a provincial title to a Westmeath team who played with serious heart. Would be serious moneyimplications though and distance is also an issue here.
Mickey Moran is an option (think he got shafted by Mayo), but doubt he would take the job again.

Luke Dempsey is knocking around after his stint at Longford, Mulgrew is available.
At the end of the day the co board need to get the finger out and appoint someone at the very latest by first week in October. We do not want the situation like this year when players fitness levels never reached the levels of the Brehony campaign because the hard miles were not put in in the winter months.
I know SLIGONIAN that you have reservations about O Flaherty at u-21, but I have talked to some of the lads who played at this level and also at senior level last year  and they have said his training and dedication to detail was way ahead of what was encountered in the senior set up this year. I would definetly have him as u-21 manager again next year and I think that he should be involved with some level with the seniors with a view to grooming him for the senior job in a few years.

F*ck ye lads, if ye are out there will ye at least give our players a chnce for next year and appoint someone soon!!!!

I have my reservations on oflatherty but i would give him another shot as I said so no arguments there. He deserves it. I heard the same but theres a big difference between training and matches even for a manager.

Paidi is eyeing Dubs job so not a chance id say of him taking us. Mickey probably has unfinished business with us but unlikely to take it and luke dempsey im not sure about.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Sligoper

Go on the Bunnies!