Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Dean Rock took a 45 out of hands?

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Hound on February 27, 2022, 03:20:20 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 27, 2022, 03:07:34 PM
Dubs have been brutal up front
Totally.

We are missing 3 or our 4 best from for the FF line (Con, Costello and Small). The 4th, Rock, has been abysmal today and the other lads getting a run in the FF line are very meh.

Bugler very good I thought.  The only one.

Nanderson

Quote from: on the sideline on February 27, 2022, 03:29:49 PM
Did Dean Rock just take a 45 from his hands near the end there? Was changing the wee mans nappy so may have missed something, but thought it was after Kildare keeper saved with his feet?
Ref was playing advantage for a free just inside the 40

From the Bunker

Mayo just beat Armagh! Sounded a good close game. Both sides will have learned a lot from today!

Captain Obvious

Armagh blew that match that was there to be won. Mayo showed all their experience to win it in fairness to them.

Armamike

Strong finish from Mayo coming from 3 down to win by 2.  Armagh leading the whole match up until the 30th min or so.  Was always going to be a tough match.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Armamike on February 27, 2022, 03:46:37 PM
Strong finish from Mayo coming from 3 down to win by 2.  Armagh leading the whole match up until the 30th min or so.  Was always going to be a tough match.

Sounds like a typical Mayo win.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

maigheo

Listening on midwest and would have to say that Colm Boyle was excellent on co commentary.Normally, listening to Midwest you would have no clue who was playing well or how the game was going but Boyle was informative and it felt that I was watching the game myself

yellowcard

Kildare a well organised athletic team and if they could another scoring threat up front they would be on the top teams in the country.

Irrespective of whether Dublin are in transition or not, if they manage to get relegated I think Dessie Farrell will be under a lot of pressure to keep his job. Their fall from grace has been dramatic.

Jell 0 Biafra

Well, it's DF's last year of his three year stint.  So unless he himself decides to call it a day, he's there until the end of the championship.  Someone else's turn thereafter you'd imagine.

HokeyPokey

Be interesting to see if the Dubs will focus on staying up or still look to 'build'. Still highly unlikely they'll get caught in Leinster imo.

mackers

What's the story with the traffic in Roscommon?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

iorras

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 27, 2022, 03:47:41 PM
Quote from: Armamike on February 27, 2022, 03:46:37 PM

Sounds like a typical Mayo win.
and even gave them the traditional Mayo straight from the throw in 3 point lead
Jays if we keep this up all the 80s kings Ger Canning, Colm O'Rourke etc will have to switch the "they're never beaten" automatic sound board quote from Meath to Mayo.
Although of course, I forgot, creation of commentary cliches stopped for them lads in the mid 90s when they broke the cliche machines and cant afford a new one, all because of them bollixes not paying their license fee

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: HokeyPokey on February 27, 2022, 04:23:43 PM
Be interesting to see if the Dubs will focus on staying up or still look to 'build'. Still highly unlikely they'll get caught in Leinster imo.

Almost surely relegated now. May as well look to find a player or two in what's left.

mup

Delighted with that win. Rode our luck at times but ground it out. Not often we beat the Dubs so we'll enjoy it.
Even better to see some opposition fans raging over the loss. 🤣