NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: In hiding on February 26, 2022, 10:09:05 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 26, 2022, 09:17:08 PM
Kicked ourselves out of it. Some terrible decision making.
I dont agree, I think we have too many lads with big egos
Egos  or not, wrong decisions were made especially in the final third of the pitch. Conditions were bad, but that should be factored into deciding what shots to take on. It was not a night for low percentage shots.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Jim Bob

Quote from: J70 on February 26, 2022, 09:23:42 PM
Who's the auld boy sliding himself in beside Sean Cavanagh?😁

The camera soon shifted away from him . Looked  like 2 or 3 aul Donegal farmers looking to get themselves on Tv.

KickPass

How Donaghy stayed on for an hour I'll never know. The game wasn't for him after 10 mins

hoynevalley

Kildare excellent bet 5/2 tomorrow. A dublin buckeen was telling Con Callaghan gone hurling and no sign of McCarthy

hoynevalley

Looking like Kerry Mayo league final. Mayo never fear the dubs but always seem to fill their togs against kingdom men. It took a replay for mayo to beat a poor kerry team in 2017. Kerry should have won the first only for Bryan Sheehan missing a free.

Wildweasel74

Tonight be a good eye opener for Armagh, Even a very poor Donegal team tonight is hard to beat.

tyrone08

Fair play to Donegal. They wanted it more in the end and deserved winners after some very poor decision making by Tyrone especially McCurry. Tried 3 pot shots in the end for glory.

Funnily I am not too worried about tyrones poor start. Hopefully (I may be completely wrong) this is a change in approach instead of trying to win every game in Jan and Feb they are targeting the championship instead.

Even with the poor start they should have beaten monaghan and could have beaten Donegal in the last 3 mins but poor decision making cost them.

Ultimately if they win nothing then fair enough we had a great year last year.

Milltown Row2

It's all about the championship, Tyrone won't worry too much
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

highorlow

Tyrone never looked the same after the McNulty injury (hope he is okay?).
It's not the first time and won't be the last when something accidental like that effects the collective, it seems to happen more often in GAA (our own Tom Parsons v Galway).
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Main Street

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 26, 2022, 11:40:20 PM
Fair play to Donegal. They wanted it more in the end and deserved winners after some very poor decision making by Tyrone especially McCurry. Tried 3 pot shots in the end for glory.

Funnily I am not too worried about tyrones poor start. Hopefully (I may be completely wrong) this is a change in approach instead of trying to win every game in Jan and Feb they are targeting the championship instead.

Even with the poor start they should have beaten monaghan and could have beaten Donegal in the last 3 mins but poor decision making cost them.

Same ol' delusional about should've beaten Monaghan.
You should have seen enough already about this Tyrone team to feel comfortable about the progress already made.
Progress made, aways to go, forget about last year.

tyrone08

Quote from: Main Street on February 27, 2022, 01:51:31 AM

You should have seen enough already about this Tyrone team to feel comfortable about the progress already made.

Not sure how it's delusional to say we should have beaten monaghan when a winning point was disallowed in the last few minutes of the game.

Main Street

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 27, 2022, 09:17:25 AM

Not sure how it's delusional to say we should have beaten monaghan when a winning point was disallowed in the last few minutes of the game.
You're forgetting that Beggan/Boyle blew a real chance to win the game after that.
And is it not a foul to clobber the goalie with an elbow struck forcefully into the face after the  ball was 'played'? I'm not clear on that one.

Apart from that, Tyrone's direct play out of defense, speed of attack, movement of the the forwards, their ability to to win possession against the odds and strike some wonderful scores, can only improve.

tyrone08

Quote from: Main Street on February 27, 2022, 12:23:45 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on February 27, 2022, 09:17:25 AM

You're forgetting that Beggan/Boyle blew a real chance to win the game after that.
And is it not a foul to clobber the goalie with an elbow struck forcefully into the face after the  ball was 'played'? I'm not clear on that one.

Apart from that, Tyrone's direct play out of defense, speed of attack, movement of the the forwards, their ability to to win possession against the odds and strike some wonderful scores, can only improve.

He challenged the goalie same as you would any outfield player. Even the Sunday game said the point should have stood.

Lots of room for improvement with the current set up and I am hoping it's geared towards the championship

Milltown Row2

They'll play better once the hard pitches and when the wind isn't an excuse
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Solo_run