Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

And then.. http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/407124/Arsenal-in-the-clear-to-sign-Man-Utd-target-Mats-Hummels

Hummels would be more than worth the wait if Arsenal get him, and there is already plenty of familiarity with Mertesacker.

ONeill

Please remove Daily Star tittle tattle from the Arsenal thread.

We have standards and you're lowering them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on October 28, 2014, 03:48:14 PM
Please remove Daily Star tittle tattle from the Arsenal thread.

We have standards and you're lowering them.

Was also in the Daily Mail.. :-*

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Syferus on October 27, 2014, 08:17:02 PM
When Luke Shaw is worth the bones of 30 million sterling and the paperweight defender that is David Luiz going for 50 million how much do you think a top class CB would be? We're just in an age where defenders of substance are very rare, even for teams with an unlimited bankroll. John Terry still battling away at the heart of the best EPL team tells you that.
Carragher made the point on MNF last night that clubs seem to want to just throw moneya t big name centrebacks to try and solve defensive issues rather than work with the defence.
Alot of defenders over the last year or so bought for big money have been flops (or at elast have still alot to prove)
Shaw, lovren,mangala, sahko, Rojo etc
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ONeill

What a worker Sanchez is. Trying to think of a player who put the same effort in as him for Arsenal and you have to go back to Parlour, Ljungberg or Vieira.

mrdeeds

Actually played a 442 yesterday to get more players in box. Better than a 4141. A change in tactics by Wenger. Amazing. Now if he could be a bit more defensive against the bigger teams. Sanchez is unreal. The pressure he puts defenders under is class.

T Fearon

ONeill

beer baron

Fall apart as soon as Arteta goes off,same old

tyroneman

ONeill

Sanchez must be going through the same process as Ozil did last year - 'what's the point'.

Arsenal deserved nothing out there 3 weeks ago so it evened out.

But, Jaysus.

mrdeeds

Bring on Walcott and finish the game of. Poor substitutions. Carzola shouldn't have started. Looks knackered and can't buy a goal at the minute.

ONeill

But at 3-0 the game was finished off. Ramsey's form is off the radar. Flamini is done. Monreal is a very average defender.

Arsenal can have all the attacking flair they want but if they remain so brittle in defence it means nothing.

Anderlecht are one of the worst teams in the CL and they can do that. They haven't a hope in hell of beating any side in the top 10 in Europe.

AZOffaly

So liverpool win 0-1 and arsenal lose 3-3. Is that the narrative tonight?

ONeill

Liverpool played Kerry. Arsenal took on Tattyreagh U12s.