Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: Puckoon on December 09, 2007, 02:56:07 PM
These are the points we cannot afford to lose, hopefully walcott can make a difference.

you are confusing me at the minute with posting at different times of the day and night, what time is it there?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Puckoon

Lecale2

Puckoon

Farrandeelin

After losing to little Middlesbrough have you changed your tune yet Galwaybhoy? ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

redcard

Well done Boro. Makes the league interesting

Norf Tyrone

This is getting interesting. What I seen of it today, Boro murdered the Goons, and should've won by more!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Puckoon

3-0 wouldnt have been too far a stretch of the truth of the game. Shocking performance from arsenal - hopefully one that will not be repeated.

under the bar

QuoteThis is getting interesting. What I seen of it today, Boro murdered the Goons, and should've won by more!!

Just like when united ended their last unbeaten run, Arsenal could go into free fall now, and without Thierry merce-Henry to steady the ship, could well slip out of sight.   I have looked into the future and foresee a thrashing at the Emirates on the hoizon.  Behold.

ONeill

The team is definitely suffering without the nucleus of Fabregas/Hleb/Flamini/Diaby/Van Persie.

Arsenal really need good news this week on the injury front or it'll be a very bleak Christmas.

Chelsea must be licking their lips at the prospect of meeting that team today next Sunday.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteChelsea must be licking their lips at the prospect of meeting that team today next Sunday.

Ah C'mon the mind games start! Chelsea have no Carvalho, Essien, Drogba, Ballack, nor possibly Cech! I'll take a point if it was offered.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ildanach

so is van persie. I also see that hleb or cesc may be be back for chelski but not both. >:(
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Norf Tyrone

What a shock!
Arsenal now hot favourites for Sunday, with all the big guns back.

Arsenal got a major boost today ahead of their Chelsea clash Sunday, with Cesc Fabregas, Mathieu Flamini and Aleksandr Hleb all resuming training.

The midfield trio - each an important part of Arsenal's success this term - have been sorely missed as Arsenal embarked on their toughest fixture run to date this season.

All three players took part in the session at Arsenal's training ground Friday and could make a timely return in Sunday's Premier League game. Chelsea are third in the table, three points behind leaders Arsenal.

Wenger is keen to see his side return to winning ways after their first league defeat against Middlesbrough last Sunday and knows the importance of having his key players back. "Fabregas, Flamini and Hleb were back in training and I will make a decision on their fitness on Sunday morning," said Wenger.

"I want to leave it as late as possible before making a decision on if they will play but the signs have looked very positive in training. If Fabregas is fit, he will play."

Wenger is cautious, however, about rushing players back from injury for short-term gain. "It is always a kind of gamble when you bring players back because they could suffer a recurrence of the injury," he added. "That is why we have to sit down and make a decision.

"We know the importance of this game and playing against direct opposition is very big. But we have shown since the start of the season that we can compete with the top teams."

After playing in the 2-1 win against Steaua Bucharest in the Champions League Wednesday, striker Robin Van Persie could be in line to start and Abou Diaby is also fit again having featured in that match. Theo Walcott, however, has been ruled out with a knee injury.

Broken_Cross

Gallas on target again   ;D

Sol who!?