Official Monaghan GAA Thread

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 02, 2007, 08:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joxer

From Crossmaglen,

Go to Castleblaney,  At the junction take a left which will bring you onto the bypass  Head for Monaghan.   If not the first roundabout, at the second roundabout, there is a sign for Cremartin.  The pitch is up that road about 2 mile on the right hand side.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Joxer on February 22, 2010, 09:56:17 PM
From Crossmaglen,

Go to Castleblaney,  At the junction take a left which will bring you onto the bypass  Head for Monaghan.   If not the first roundabout, at the second roundabout, there is a sign for Cremartin.  The pitch is up that road about 2 mile on the right hand side.

Thank you Joxer.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Could anybody direct me to the Blackhill club from Blayney? Looking to go to a match there tomorrow, would appreciate directions.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

omagh_gael

just follow signs for shercock at the roundabout above the glencarn...it's literally only 1/2 mile outside the town on that road on left hand side

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 07, 2010, 02:32:37 AM
just follow signs for shercock at the roundabout above the glencarn...it's literally only 1/2 mile outside the town on that road on left hand side

Thanks Omagh_Gael - that's great.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bennydorano

Armagh Harps club has a few tickets left on general sale for the Ulster Final, they are all seating - couple of Gerry Arthurs, McGrane and East Stand.   First come first served!  02837 523281

Any craic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rniI_YNPFpQ// - just in case you need something to get you in the mood for Sunday...

Schkite

Does anyone know what the story is with the minor championship, as in when the final will be played? Obviously it's usually on before the senior final but we now have a situation where we know the minor finalists before a ball has been kicked in the senior championship, crazy! That would be a long wait for the two minor teams if they were to play on county final day, are the minor semi-finals usually played this early in the year?

The Konica

Who are the favourites this year for the minors?
Scotstown again?

Schkite

Quote from: The Konica on July 21, 2010, 05:27:57 PM
Who are the favourites this year for the minors?
Scotstown again?

We(Clontibret) beat them Tuesday night!  ;)

Clontibret - Latton final now, Latton upset favourites Truagh in the other semi. I'd say we will be narrow favourites in the final but it could go either way, Latton have beaten two fancied teams on the way in Truagh and Blayney.

The Konica

Well done ... I was think Clontibret were usually strong at minor too.

I just Scotstown out there as I think they've been strong at minor for the past few years haven't they?

Schkite

Quote from: The Konica on July 22, 2010, 12:23:48 PM
Well done ... I was think Clontibret were usually strong at minor too.

I just Scotstown out there as I think they've been strong at minor for the past few years haven't they?

Yeah Scotstown were very strong at minor the last while, won the last 3 in a row. Had some great young players like Kieran Hughes, Aaron McCarey(now at Wolves) and the like. Thought they might have pushed on and won the Ulster but didn't get to that, narrowly beaten in the final by Ballinderry two years ago.

Hopefully we can push on and win it now but Latton are a strong young team and will be very tough to beat. A minor championship is always important to bring on younger players for us I think, we wouldn't have big numbers at underage but every few years we have a minor team who can challenge. We won it in '05 when amalgamated with neighbouring Cremartin, but the last time we won it outright ourselves was from '00 to '02, those teams included the likes of Vinny Corey, Dessie Mone and a young Conor McManus. If this year's team can bring through a few players of that quality I'd be happy.

The Konica

Are Scotstown still as hard as they were 9 or 10 years ago?

Felt like I was in 3 car crashes after one game.

Schkite

No I wouldn't say they're as hard as they used to be, although in fairness they've a fairly young team. They've probably lacked that "hardness" in the last while to win at senior level, but they'll be back up there challenging in a few years I'd say when those players from the minor teams come through and mature. Though I don't think they'll be like the Scotstown teams of old in the hard stakes, alot to live up to there!

The Konica

Since when has that hard edge gone?

They always had a decent outfit, Blaney too of course. Clontibret did too, but with respect could be hot or cold on any day.