Latest Scores

Started by Lecale2, February 25, 2007, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Quote from: Donegal Danny on September 25, 2010, 08:11:54 PM
Just reading the Dublin page there and i see K MC Gourty was playing for U.C.D. last night against St Bridget's. He lost by a point but playing for a college 24 hours before your club is in a county final i ask you. Unbelievable stuff. By the was Oliver Plunkets won easy against Lucan, and Vins and Ballyboden drew.

How can a player play for 2 different clubs in two different county championships??
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Zulu

You are allowed to represent your University and club, so if your University are allowed compete in their local club championship you can play with both as long as they aren't both in the same county, i.e UCD and St. Vincents for example.

FermGael

Quote from: Zulu on September 25, 2010, 08:37:15 PM
You are allowed to represent your University and club, so if your University are allowed compete in their local club championship you can play with both as long as they aren't both in the same county, i.e UCD and St. Vincents for example.

So what would happen if, for arguments sake, UCD won the Dublin SFC and were playing against the Carlow champions and one of there players played for both teams???

AZOffaly

Once your club and college are in the same competition, youhave to choose. So you can play in two different county championships, but if you win both, you must choose.

FermGael

So if you choose the beaten team, you cannot rejoin the winning panel and play in the next round??

barelegs

Quote from: FermGael on September 25, 2010, 08:42:24 PM
Quote from: Zulu on September 25, 2010, 08:37:15 PM

So what would happen if, for arguments sake, UCD won the Dublin SFC and were playing against the Carlow champions and one of there players played for both teams???

If I remember rightly that happened Niall McNamee of Offaly when UCD last won the Dublin SFC. 2006 I think it might have been

Any craic

McGourty played well for UCD, scored a point and set up another with a great pass. You can see both here in a match report. http://www.youtube.com/user/Hill16Dubs?feature=mhum

Any craic

And if any Dubs would like to see the last few minutes of Boden/Vinnies tonight, here you go... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUbcCLdIwEM//

AZOffaly

Quote from: FermGael on September 25, 2010, 08:50:32 PM
So if you choose the beaten team, you cannot rejoin the winning panel and play in the next round??

No,you can't do that.

Yes, it did happen Niall McNamee in 2006. I believe he played with Rhode.

Bogball XV

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 25, 2010, 10:12:29 PM
Quote from: FermGael on September 25, 2010, 08:50:32 PM

No,you can't do that.

Yes, it did happen Niall McNamee in 2006. I believe he played with Rhode.
they actually played UCD didn't they and bate them?  You'd be some lad if you played against your club wouldn't you, mightn't go down that well locally.

Peter Solan the Great

Mayo- County semi final

Castlebar 1-02 Knockmore 0-01 16 mins into the first half

muppet

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on September 26, 2010, 02:20:19 PM
Mayo- County semi final

Castlebar 1-02 Knockmore 0-01 16 mins into the first half

Blow it up ref!!!!!!
MWWSI 2017

Peter Solan the Great

Castlebar 1-03 Knockmore 0-04 1st half ending soon. Aidan Kilcoyne out with a dislocated finger

muppet

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on September 26, 2010, 02:37:37 PM
Castlebar 1-03 Knockmore 0-04 1st half ending soon. Aidan Kilcoyne out with a dislocated finger

Same at HT. Kevin O'Neill didn't start, Declan Sweeney stretchered off for Knockmore. Cunniffe didn't start for Mitchels. Neil Douglas got the goal.
MWWSI 2017

mayo51

kilcoyne is playing and i think barry moran got the goal.1.03 to 0.06 4 min into 2ind half