Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 21, 2011, 08:33:30 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 08:29:47 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 21, 2011, 08:28:18 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 08:20:16 PM
Micheal Collins was given his authority by the 1918 cabinet, reafirmed in 1922. Simple really. Right I'm off to get drunk and celebrate the Irish victory today in the Heineken Cup Final (there was some miserable Scottish soccer shite on before, but thankfully it didn't ruin the mood).
The 1918 cabinet had no authority but that aside, Collins didn't start killing in 1918 you know...who give him authority to kill (or do his best to kill) in the easter rising?

How often have you ever heard me evoke the memory of 1916???????????????????????????????????????????????????

So I assume that you regard Michael Collins of pre 1918 as a murdering criminal thug then?

Yes?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Micheal Collins was given his authority by the 1918 cabinet, reafirmed in 1922. Simple really. Right I'm off to get drunk and celebrate the Irish victory today in the Heineken Cup Final (there was some miserable Scottish soccer shite on before, but thankfully it didn't ruin the mood).
The 1918 cabinet had no authority but that aside, Collins didn't start killing in 1918 you know...who give him authority to kill (or do his best to kill) in the easter rising?

How often have you ever heard me evoke the memory of 1916???????????????????????????????????????????????????

So I assume that you regard Michael Collins of pre 1918 was a murdering criminal thug then?

I will admit to having very lukewarm feelings towards bith the men of 1916 & the Irishmen fighting in France and Belgium.  I would have preferred Irishmen not to take up either cause and stay at home and force the Brits to let us go by the ballot box.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 21, 2011, 08:36:26 PM

So I assume that you regard Michael Collins of pre 1918 as a murdering criminal thug then?

Yes?

f**k sake, now your answering your own questions, I went to the fridge for a beer.

pintsofguinness

MGHU - it's a simple question, do you view the men of 1916 (inc Collins) the same way you do the Provisional IRA? i.e. Criminal Murdering Thugs. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 08:37:58 PM

So I assume that you regard Michael Collins of pre 1918 was a murdering criminal thug then?

I will admit to having very lukewarm feelings towards bith the men of 1916 & the Irishmen fighting in France and Belgium.  I would have preferred Irishmen not to take up either cause and stay at home and force the Brits to let us go by the ballot box.

Well you still havent answered it. Was he a murdering criminal thug pre 1918 considering he was carrying out murders without the backing of the law?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 21, 2011, 08:41:39 PM
MGHU - it's a simple question, do you view the men of 1916 (inc Collins) the same way you do the Provisional IRA? i.e. Criminal Murdering Thugs.

NO, the Provisional I.R.A. went far beyond the Pale when they started bombing pubs, city streets full of civilian, murdering Gardaí and punishment beatings, robbing banks and disappearances of innocents.

AZOffaly

Pretty weak MGHU. Pretty weak.

Oh, and Nally Stand, what's this 'Free State Hypocrite' malarky? Are everyone south of Drogheda free state hypocrites? Why the need for the 'Free State' bit?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 08:43:20 PM

NO, the Provisional I.R.A. went far beyond the Pale when they started bombing pubs, city streets full of civilian, murdering Gardaí and punishment beatings, robbing banks and disappearances of innocents.
You do know more innocent civillans where killed in 1916 than British forces don't you?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Nally Stand

Aye hard to beat sweeping generalisations isn't it. You are a condescending hypocrite. And you never answered my qiestion about Francis Hughes and your Irish Army/Gardai nonsense.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 21, 2011, 08:46:27 PM

You do know more innocent civillans where killed in 1916 than British forces don't you?

Yes I do, however it wasn't 30 years+ of hate flled genocide like the Provisional IRA campaign. Again I never boasted about 1916.

muppet

Can I politely suggest that you go out for a rake of pints and leave the iPhone/iPad/laptop till monday.
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 21, 2011, 08:48:52 PM

Aye hard to beat sweeping generalisations isn't it. You are a condescending hypocrite. And you never answered my qiestion about Francis Hughes and your Irish Army/Gardai nonsense.

Nally Stand, you don't have me tied to a chair preparing me for my punishment beating now. I am going to the off-licence if you don't mind herr fuhrer.

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on May 21, 2011, 08:50:49 PM

Can I politely suggest that you go out for a rake of pints and leave the iPhone/iPad/laptop till monday.

I second that motion. Seeing as how it's the week that's in it, I'll borrow a phrase from blighty. You're on a sticky wicket old chap.

Nally Stand

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 21, 2011, 08:46:12 PM
Pretty weak MGHU. Pretty weak.

Oh, and Nally Stand, what's this 'Free State Hypocrite' malarky? Are everyone south of Drogheda free state hypocrites? Why the need for the 'Free State' bit?
Apologies but I direct it only towards the mayogodhelpus/mike sheeys of the world who are the epitomy of free stateism.