Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Sure wasn't Michael Collins a member of an 'illegal organisation' too when it was first set up mghu?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

mayogodhelpus, you are going nowwhere with this one, unless your ambition is to stir up trouble (quite likely). According to your logic the holocaust was justifiable as it was legal.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 21, 2011, 06:41:34 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 03:39:14 PM
Define a normal crime.

Bobby Sands for example was a member of the Provisional I.R.A. an illegal organisation.

These were not just internees they were convicted criminals.

The men who died on hungerstrike were in prison for a list of offenses which included, murder, manslaughter, posession of illegal firearms, theft of firearms, possession of grenades, hijacking, punishment beatings, and involvement in bombings.

I'm going to make it real simple so you can understand. The prisoners were recognised as being "special" within the prison system as their "crimes" were politically motivated . The brits then tried to change this regime to criminalise the prisoners and they met with this protest. Now that you are finally allowing the blue shirt mask slip completely we can finally see what you are made of. To think you had the cheek to declare FF traitors - as bad as they are/were, what does that make you?

I am not a facist, I have never been or ever will be a member of a facist organisation. I despise Eoin O'Duffy as one of the most hateful Irishmen of the 20'th century.

Their "special" status is bullshit in my opinion, I'm sorry but to me they were thugs. I can pretend to think of these folk as freedom fighters if you like, but to me they were not. The guardians of peace and defence for me are the Irish Defence Forces, An Garda Síochána and the security services of the Irish Government.  I am very sorry if I cannot see things from your viewpoint on this point, which seems wrong to me in every way on the most instintive and basic intitutuve way. I am a proud Irish Nationalist, a proud Irish Republican and a proud Irish Democrat, no matter what you say to me can make me feel less so. Sorry if I don't love your beloved Provisional I.R.A.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 07:38:49 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 21, 2011, 06:41:34 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 03:39:14 PM
Define a normal crime.

Bobby Sands for example was a member of the Provisional I.R.A. an illegal organisation.

These were not just internees they were convicted criminals.

The men who died on hungerstrike were in prison for a list of offenses which included, murder, manslaughter, posession of illegal firearms, theft of firearms, possession of grenades, hijacking, punishment beatings, and involvement in bombings.

I'm going to make it real simple so you can understand. The prisoners were recognised as being "special" within the prison system as their "crimes" were politically motivated . The brits then tried to change this regime to criminalise the prisoners and they met with this protest. Now that you are finally allowing the blue shirt mask slip completely we can finally see what you are made of. To think you had the cheek to declare FF traitors - as bad as they are/were, what does that make you?

I am not a facist, I have never been or ever will be a member of a facist organisation. I despise Eoin O'Duffy as one of the most hateful Irishmen of the 20'th century.

Their "special" status is bullshit in my opinion, I'm sorry but to me they were thugs. I can pretend to think of these folk as freedom fighters if you like, but to me they were not. The guardians of peace and defence for me are the Irish Defence Forces, An Garda Síochána and the security services of the Irish Government.  I am very sorry if I cannot see things from your viewpoint on this point, which seems wrong to me in every way on the most instintive and basic intitutuve way. I am a proud Irish Nationalist, a proud Irish Republican and a proud Irish Democrat, no matter what you say to me can make me feel less so. Sorry if I don't love your beloved Provisional I.R.A.
So was Michael Collins and co then...
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

gallsman

Please answer the question about Michael Collins MGHU. We're all waiting to see how you differentiate between the two.

Rossfan

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 21, 2011, 07:51:21 PM
I'm sorry but to me they were thugs.
The guardians of peace and defence for me are the Irish Defence Forces, An Garda Síochána and the security services of the Irish Government.  . I am a proud Irish Nationalist, a proud Irish Republican and a proud Irish Democrat,
So was Michael Collins and co then...
[/quote]

The Gardai and the Irish Defence Forces werent much use to Northern Nationalists seeing as they didnt operate in the 6 Cos.

Michael Collins "squad" were not the sort of people to fall out with .I think Kerry republicans would call them a lot worse than thugs !!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Micheal Collins was given his authority by the 1918 cabinet, reafirmed in 1922. Simple really. Right I'm off to get drunk and celebrate the Irish victory today in the Heineken Cup Final (there was some miserable Scottish soccer shite on before, but thankfully it didn't ruin the mood).

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 07:38:49 PM
Their "special" status is bullshit in my opinion, I'm sorry but to me they were thugs. I can pretend to think of these folk as freedom fighters if you like, but to me they were not. The guardians of peace and defence for me are the Irish Defence Forces, An Garda Síochána and the security services of the Irish Government.

So the guardians of the peace for you were the gardai and the irish army? I assume thats why you disagree with the hunger strikers then? So when Francis Hughes was a normal young lad trying to have a normal life, was recieving regular beatings from the "police" when going to dances, who should he have turned to? The irish army? Are you seriously that thick?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 08:20:16 PM
Micheal Collins was given his authority by the 1918 cabinet, reafirmed in 1922. Simple really. Right I'm off to get drunk and celebrate the Irish victory today in the Heineken Cup Final (there was some miserable Scottish soccer shite on before, but thankfully it didn't ruin the mood).

And the men of 1916 (collins included)....Criminals too? Free state hypocrite.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

pintsofguinness

The 1918 cabinet had no authority but that aside, Collins didn't start killing in 1918 you know...who give him authority to kill (or do his best to kill) in the easter rising?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 21, 2011, 08:26:37 PM

YAWN

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 08:28:38 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 21, 2011, 08:26:37 PM

YAWN
Yawn as right, answer the question

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 21, 2011, 08:28:18 PM
The 1918 cabinet had no authority but that aside, Collins didn't start killing in 1918 you know...who give him authority to kill (or do his best to kill) in the easter rising?

How often have you ever heard me evoke the memory of 1916???????????????????????????????????????????????????

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 08:29:47 PM

How often have you ever heard me evoke the memory of 1916???????????????????????????????????????????????????
That wasn't the question, where the men of 1916 criminals in your eyes, yes or no. It's very simple.

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 08:29:47 PM

So I assume that you regard Michael Collins of pre 1918 as a murdering criminal thug then?