U21 games - ADMISSION PRICE £8 !!

Started by Abble, March 19, 2009, 07:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abble

where does the GAA think people are getting the money out of to pay this kind of money into an u21 game ?!

in the space of a week most of us could be going to 3 games.....

1 national league game from last weekend
2 midweek u21 game
3 next weekends national league game

i think the gaa need to propose something pretty quick, because right across the whole board in all sports numbers are starting to drop as people are beginning to feel the pinch. the GAA should know the seriousness of the job loss situation and credit crunch and for the next year or two i think they would do well to start thinking about lowering admission prices instead of cranking them up !

T Fearon

Agree. The crowd at the club finals was only 32,000, a paltry figure given that one club was making its first ever appearance in a final. Thought the numbers supporting Crossmaglen were well down in comparison with previous finals. 25 yoyos a ticket is steep in this day and age.

Carbery

How many of the people who decide these admission charges actually pay into games?

full back

I saw a county player(s) & guys involved with the county team & they sure as fcuk didnt pay in to the Athletic Grounds last night

Sandy Hill

Quote from: full back on March 19, 2009, 12:29:49 PM
I saw a county player(s) & guys involved with the county team & they sure as fcuk didnt pay in to the Athletic Grounds last night

I wouldn't expect county players to have to pay in.
"Stercus accidit"

full back

Quote from: Sandy Hill on March 19, 2009, 12:36:42 PM
Quote from: full back on March 19, 2009, 12:29:49 PM

I wouldn't expect county players to have to pay in.

Why?

The GAA

I was behind two players in the queue who definitely payed

Goats Do Shave

I think players of the team get 2 tickets... for family members...

Abble

we're getting away from the issue now folks
(i definitely have no qualms with a county player getting in free to any game - this is an entirely separate debate)

Goats Do Shave

Maybe they should have included the U21s in the season ticket...

Anyway, what else are you going to do with your money Abble?

full back

At least there was a programme, sorry an A4 page included in the price, if you were in early enough & were lucky enough to find someone that was giving them out
Every cloud & all that :-\

AFS

Dropped the poor student line and got in for a fiver last night  ;D

neilthemac

they should have an unemployed line as well

qub la la la

Quote from: AFS on March 19, 2009, 05:35:33 PM
Dropped the poor student line and got in for a fiver last night  ;D

dropped the same line for a few league games aswel. hada produce the student card but they werent lookin at the expiry dates thank fcuk!

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on March 19, 2009, 10:43:04 AM
Agree. The crowd at the club finals was only 32,000, a paltry figure given that one club was making its first ever appearance in a final. Thought the numbers supporting Crossmaglen were well down in comparison with previous finals. 25 yoyos a ticket is steep in this day and age.
But 32,000 is 8,000 per club. It's a big club that can attract 8,000. Even taking away the neutrals (and freeloaders!), i can't see how you'd get many more at a club final. Also, if your club has reached the AI Final, a €25 ticket is unlikely to stop you going.

As for the U21 games, yes £8 is steep, but for the U21 Championship, i don't think tickets at a fiver would actually attract any more people. There's a relatively low level of interest and those who are prepared to go will generally pay the £8 (even if begrudgingly).

But a good idea mentioned in relation to tagging the U21 games onto the season ticket - would be a bonus for some and might increase the profile of the competition.