U21 games - ADMISSION PRICE £8 !!

Started by Abble, March 19, 2009, 07:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qub la la la

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 19, 2009, 07:23:09 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 19, 2009, 10:43:04 AM
Agree. The crowd at the club finals was only 32,000, a paltry figure given that one club was making its first ever appearance in a final. Thought the numbers supporting Crossmaglen were well down in comparison with previous finals. 25 yoyos a ticket is steep in this day and age.
But 32,000 is 8,000 per club. It's a big club that can attract 8,000. Even taking away the neutrals (and freeloaders!), i can't see how you'd get many more at a club final. Also, if your club has reached the AI Final, a €25 ticket is unlikely to stop you going.

As for the U21 games, yes £8 is steep, but for the U21 Championship, i don't think tickets at a fiver would actually attract any more people. There's a relatively low level of interest and those who are prepared to go will generally pay the £8 (even if begrudgingly).

But a good idea mentioned in relation to tagging the U21 games onto the season ticket - would be a bonus for some and might increase the profile of the competition.

have to agree. raising the profile of u21 football would be a good thing. more often than not u21 games produce fast, free flowing, attacking football. all high scoring games in ulster last night, bar the donegal derry game.

western exile

£8 is a bargain compared to the €15 that the Connacht Council are charging for U21 games

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: western exile on March 23, 2009, 06:43:42 PM
£8 is a bargain compared to the €15 that the Connacht Council are charging for U21 games

Now that's completely scandalous. Do the Connacht council offer any concessions western_exile? I'm usually slow to criticise over prices but given what's happening people on a day to day basis, particularly in the construction industry, some sort of realism needs to be injected. Say you travelled any sort of distance to an under 21 match in Connacht, with petrol included you'd be looking at €25 to attend an underage match. That's just madness.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Rossfan

€15 was a disgrace in these recessionary times.
Just think back a few years -2001 a seat at the Connacht Senior Final was IR£12 which was approx €15. It will probably be €40 this year ... 167% increase in 8 years.!!!!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Zulu

I have to say I never mind paying whatever the cost of a ticket is for a GAA game as the money is for the association and compared to other sports it is generally great value. In saying that the GAA should look at its pricing of games over the next 2-3 years as bigger crowds generate better atmospheres which in turn will attract even more people so lower ticket prices may actually increase the GAA's revenue.

rosnarun

I saw a senior mayo player climb over the wall in Charlestown last week Mind you he got out of a 09 RN reg car so im not sure who he was supporting.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: rosnarun on March 25, 2009, 12:18:54 AM
I saw a senior mayo player climb over the wall in Charlestown last week Mind you he got out of a 09 RN reg car so im not sure who he was supporting.

That points to only one man! Maybe he can give or get '45 lessons from Robert Hennelly!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

under the bar

Were school-kids free into the club finals and the u21 games?  If not it's a disgrace!

Abble

any level of inter-county football/hurling is a sport for the rich

Rossfan

Quote from: rosnarun on March 25, 2009, 12:18:54 AM
Let's hope he was supporting his native County and not the one he plays for. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM