Ryanair Prendeville Advert

Started by sammymaguire, November 09, 2010, 05:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

O'Leary and Co keeping up their classy advertising stance, where they don't pay for something that they can do themselves

we all know who are the W**KERS!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Peter Solan the Great

Brilliant ad. The moral brigade were on Joe Duff today talking about, There is something fierce whining and annoying about the Cork accent.

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2010/pc/pod-v-09111043m41slivelineexaminerad.mp3

red hander

They ran the same ad in the Indo but for some reason replaced 'wankers' with 'tossers'.  Aye, he's a class act is O'Leary

Mayo4Sam

I fuckin love O'leary, the man is a legend. Anyone who ever gives out about him should remember he pays his taxes in Ireland, unlike other more respected members of the public like Bono
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

gallsman

Absolutely brilliant from a publicity point of view.

I pity the man's family but have no sympathy for him whatsoever.

sammymaguire

O'Leary is a grade A c**k. A mercenary who drags every else down with him. Even the majority of his own staff can't stand the sight of the prat. He'd sell his own mother for a few euro
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

J OGorman

some bit of publicity alright if maybe a little close to the bone

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 09, 2010, 09:45:24 PM
O'Leary is a grade A c**k. A mercenary who drags every else down with him. Even the majority of his own staff can't stand the sight of the prat. He'd sell his own mother for a few euro

mon lad, how in sweet jesus would you know this?

muppet

Quote from: J OGorman on November 09, 2010, 09:57:10 PM
some bit of publicity alright if maybe a little close to the bone

mon lad, how in sweet jesus would you know this?

If you want to ask his staff try the car parks where some of them live.
MWWSI 2017

Capt Pat

We all pay our taxes here as well what the hell has that got to do with justifying the existence of O'Leasry. He is a complete waste of space in my opinion.

gallsman

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 09, 2010, 11:53:26 PM
We all pay our taxes here as well what the hell has that got to do with justifying the existence of O'Leasry. He is a complete waste of space in my opinion.

Waste of space not really a great description in my opinion - the guy contributes lots to Ireland Inc.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 09, 2010, 09:15:14 PM
I fuckin love O'leary, the man is a legend. Anyone who ever gives out about him should remember he pays his taxes in Ireland, unlike other more respected members of the public like Bono
I dont like either of them.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

lfdown2

God to see ye providing free advertising on the gaaboard!

I can't understand the animosity towards someone I'm assuming no-one here knows.

Personally I have great admiration for him in reading the history of ryanair. He was one of the front runners in bringing affordable foreign travel to the masses.

ross4life

Regardless what you think of the man himself you can't denied O' Leary is top business man! before he arrive only the wealthy Irish could travel frequently now common Joe can travel to top European destinations for next to nothing

Of course he probably got the idea from south west airlines or somewhere else but credit to the man for getting bums on seats.

I for one would love if he did something similar with love-haul flights in the years ahead.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Mayo4Sam

Exactly pre-O'leary it was ferry to England for Joe smoe, now u can go anywhere in Europe for less than the price of a pair of jeans.
O'leary brings serious revenue into the Irish coffers, thats what him paying his taxes has to do with things. Sure he has cheap publicity stunts but it's free advertising for him, guess who pays for aer lingus's advertising?
There's nobody forcing anyone to work or travel with ryanair? Yet people do.
It's galls me to hear people whinging about how they were 40 seconds late for check in and had to pay €100, of course you did! That's what it's about, u know what ur getting when u buy the ticket, cheap and nasty
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Capt Pat

Anyway what is the story with this Prendiville character? What is he like on the radio? What is he really like?